Ask a question

No registration required

Official Charger Noise

OP jamespat93

27th June 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

85 posts
I left my G3 on Charge for around an hour and when I came back the charger was making a high pitched noise. I took it out straight away and found out that it was the charger head making the noise, the usb cable was fine. Has this happened to anyone else? And does the official charger head charge the phone any faster? Cause I'd rather use a different one to be safe.
27th June 2014, 10:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

59 posts
I have been using the Galaxy Nexus charger, it does charge it faster than the office charger.
If I recall correctly the Nexus charger Amp is higher than the official one coming from G3
13th July 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

41 posts
More
I'm having the same issue. So annoying. Started to use my old S4 charger which works the same just minus the noise. I'm going to see if getting different charger will help.
13th July 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,655

6,091 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have had this with every LG device I have ever owned, including the Nexus 4 and 5
13th July 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #5  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 545

2,352 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mine makes a very hard to hear buzzing noise sometimes maybe it's my ears. I have bad hearing anyway from the military but I swear it buzzes ever so faintly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Wharton
Thanks Meter: 46

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz

Mine makes a very hard to hear buzzing noise sometimes maybe it's my ears. I have bad hearing anyway from the military but I swear it buzzes ever so faintly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you have bad hearing then I'm surprised you were able to actually hear that. Might not be as bad as you think (:

Any who, chargers and any other power converting devices(wall warts, things that don't use direct mains) sometimes regularly make very high pitched whines, mostly they are too high pitched for people to be able to hear it though. Nothing to worry about, it's a thing that kinda happens

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
13th July 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #7  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 545

2,352 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesi.james

If you have bad hearing then I'm surprised you were able to actually hear that. Might not be as bad as you think (:

Any who, chargers and any other power converting devices(wall warts, things that don't use direct mains) sometimes regularly make very high pitched whines, mostly they are too high pitched for people to be able to hear it though. Nothing to worry about, it's a thing that kinda happens

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

It's just certain frequency ranges that I can't hear , really high ones in particular and some lower ones. But this make note of a buzzing noise similar to florescent lights.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread