Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,152 Members 54,087 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Charger Noise

Tip us?

jamespat93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Official Charger Noise

I left my G3 on Charge for around an hour and when I came back the charger was making a high pitched noise. I took it out straight away and found out that it was the charger head making the noise, the usb cable was fine. Has this happened to anyone else? And does the official charger head charge the phone any faster? Cause I'd rather use a different one to be safe.

piepie22
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have been using the Galaxy Nexus charger, it does charge it faster than the office charger.
If I recall correctly the Nexus charger Amp is higher than the official one coming from G3

tron192
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having the same issue. So annoying. Started to use my old S4 charger which works the same just minus the noise. I'm going to see if getting different charger will help.

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1379

DONATE TO ME
I have had this with every LG device I have ever owned, including the Nexus 4 and 5
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Mine makes a very hard to hear buzzing noise sometimes maybe it's my ears. I have bad hearing anyway from the military but I swear it buzzes ever so faintly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jesi.james
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilz View Post
Mine makes a very hard to hear buzzing noise sometimes maybe it's my ears. I have bad hearing anyway from the military but I swear it buzzes ever so faintly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If you have bad hearing then I'm surprised you were able to actually hear that. Might not be as bad as you think (:

Any who, chargers and any other power converting devices(wall warts, things that don't use direct mains) sometimes regularly make very high pitched whines, mostly they are too high pitched for people to be able to hear it though. Nothing to worry about, it's a thing that kinda happens

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

LG Optimus G Pro ---Alive and kicking!

Samsung Infuse ---RIP until I buy a new screen assembly..

HTC One X ---RIP untill I figure out what's wrong with you..

Pilz
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesi.james View Post
If you have bad hearing then I'm surprised you were able to actually hear that. Might not be as bad as you think (:

Any who, chargers and any other power converting devices(wall warts, things that don't use direct mains) sometimes regularly make very high pitched whines, mostly they are too high pitched for people to be able to hear it though. Nothing to worry about, it's a thing that kinda happens

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
It's just certain frequency ranges that I can't hear , really high ones in particular and some lower ones. But this make note of a buzzing noise similar to florescent lights.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app