Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 43,763 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 WiFi Connection Problem

Tip us?

Battlezone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 WiFi Connection Problem

Hi All, I've bought one of these beauty's and am well pleased with it. However I have come across a small but annoying problem that I hope someone can help me out with.

At initial set up I connect to my home network. This works absolutely fine. When I set the tablet to connect to my tethering hotspot on my S4 that is when problems occur. It connects initially but then shows disabled. The same now happens with the home network. The home network is via a HH5 which has both 2.4GHz & 5GHz. enabled. Telling the device to forget each of the AP's and reconnecting them does not work. Other devices (W7 PC's, the telly & another S4 ) can connect to my tethering hotspot without any problem.

ShadowLea
Old
Thanks Meter 737
My Sitecom Router did this, I had to disable OPS on it and do a hard reboot on the router. Give that a try.
SM-N9005 International Galaxy Note 3, DBT NB7 Stock
SM-G900F International Galaxy S5, PHN NCE Stock
SM-P905 NotePro 12.2 LTE Black, DBT NC3 Stock

The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. –Chinese Proverb

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

The simplest solutions are often the cleverest. They are also usually wrong.

tierrebi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem...continue disconnection and reconnection...help me!!!

spelaben
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Try switching the channel. Use this APP to find the best one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....wifi.analyzer

wmarcin
Old
Thanks Meter 33
For me, adding the Note to the static DHCP List in my router settings (trendnet TEW-652 BRP) seemed to do the trick. Some people also recommend changing 802.11 mode to single (g or n) as opposed to mixed (g and n), and changing IP to static in the Note Wi-Fi settings.

... Note Pro 12.2 (900) ...