No registration required

[APP] NookCalc

OP sega dude

21st June 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
More
NookCalc is a basic, four function calculator designed from the ground up for the Nook Simple Touch. It is optimized for the e-ink display. I wrote this app. The top right page button acts as a dedicated clear button, in addition to the on screen clear button and clear option in the menu.

Screenshot:
Attached Files
File Type: apk NookCalc.apk - [Click for QR Code] (837.9 KB, 51 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to sega dude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Boston
Thanks Meter: 814

1,999 posts
That looks nice, but 840 kB is way too big an .apk file for what this does.
It should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20 kB.

You have included android.support.v4 and android.support.v7 when they are not used in the least.
You can delete those from your project.
21st June 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Nice! It's good to see apps written for the nook.
The calculator looks nice and the e-ink optimization is great,
however, since I don't have anything to calculate just now I just did a bit of stress testing to find that:
a) there seems to be an int overflow on really large nubers, it either crashes or warps to negative.
b) I'm not sure what pressing '=' repeatedly is supposed to do (if anything at all) as it gives weird and inconsistent results.
c) it crashes on division by zero (I HAD to try that )
d) Also, to have a useful division function you really need to use floating point numbers.

It's a nice project, but needs some working on before being a useful calculator
21st June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
More
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Renate NST I removed the android.support.v7 and it significantly reduced the size of the apk from 837KB to 60.4KB, a 776.6KB difference. I didn't see android.support.v4 in my project. I didn't add any support libraries myself, Android Studio seems to put the support library in new projects and there doesn't seem to be a way to make a new project without the support library.
Last edited by sega dude; 21st June 2014 at 07:00 PM.
13th July 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega dude

Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it. Renate NST I removed the android.support.v7 and it significantly reduced the size of the apk from 837KB to 60.4KB, a 776.6KB difference. I didn't see android.support.v4 in my project. I didn't add any support libraries myself, Android Studio seems to put the support library in new projects and there doesn't seem to be a way to make a new project without the support library.

how do i close this program ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread