[DEV][GUIDE] Upgrading your Rom to 4.4.2 Sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
I'm not a developer just build cm from source, so this is my question can i use this guide and your sources to make a cm11 4.4.2 sources or do i need to modify rom files too much? I can mix things and try out but can't code :p. The reason of my doubt is mostly with all display caf variant used.

Go to the verizon section. Theres a 4.4 based thread made by jackpotclavin. He has all the updated cm source listed for anyone that wants it.

Reactions: fdbailes

fdbailes

Nov 13, 2011
Tandil
sprint can use this?

I don't think so, I used all of his repos and build my kernel for d802 from sources and cherry picked the changes he made (jackpot use verizon sources although they are similar i could not build for open d802, error on some files). I got it working after i fixed some mistakes i made. The only thing i can't get to work is ril but i i'm looking into it.

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
sprint can use this?

Yeah. Pretty much what he said. Sorry for not responding back i had forgotten i even commented here.

More or less you could take a look at it and use as it a stepping stone to get it started.

It wouldnt just be a quick port with it being verizon source.

Sent from my LG-VS980

q659503934

Jan 17, 2010
Yeah. Pretty much what he said. Sorry for not responding back i had forgotten i even commented here.

More or less you could take a look at it and use as it a stepping stone to get it started.

It wouldnt just be a quick port with it being verizon source.

Sent from my LG-VS980

never mind :),I just follow the op and make an unoffical cm11 base on 4.4.2 and it work

Sent from my LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: fdbailes

xlxfoxxlx

Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2010
NY
@dr87 I'm guessing yes but is there more required to update a already built vzw 4.2 sourced ROM to 4.4.2 sources if I flash your s1 patch from mahdi. I flashed a 4.2 sourced AICP that I built then flashed the s1 patch and changed the lines in build.prop from 11a to 24a and so far everything seems fine, just curious.

Also if someone would be willing to give me some pointers on changing the source to make it true 4.4.2 based I would greatly appreciate it

djvoleur

May 5, 2010
Purgatory, AZ
Code:
Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng] 13
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "mahdi_d801".  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'mahdi_d801'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?
What am I missing? Everything looks fine to me in device/lge/801 :eek:

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
Code:
Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng] 13
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "mahdi_d801".  Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'mahdi_d801'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?
What am I missing? Everything looks fine to me in device/lge/801 :eek:
Not sure how Mahdi is setup but you probably need to add d801 to vendorsetup.sh in vendor/mahdi

Y

Yoinx

@dr87,

Just wanted to point out that your kernel/device tree for vs980 dont match up for the config name.

https://github.com/dr87/SimpleKernel/blob/cleanaosp/arch/arm/configs/vs980_defconfig

but the makefile calls for "TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := vs980a_defconfig"

https://github.com/dr87/g2devices/blob/master/vs980/BoardConfig.mk#L19

Simple enough to fix, but wanted to point it out for others who might be trying to setup to build.

@djvoleur, being that your post was 2 months old... I'm unsure if you're still looking for an answer. However, I figure I'd post an answer for anyone else looking to get started. This should apply for pretty much any rom, but I'm doing it with mahdi myself.

You need to have your directories setup correctly... If you're cloning Dr87's repos, you need to change the names a little.
You should end up with the following in your rom's source directory:

/device/lge/d800
/device/lge/d801
/device/lge/d802
/device/lge/803
/device/lge/ls980
/device/lge/vs980
/device/lge/g2-common
/kernel/lge/4.42 (containing the contents of SimpleKernel folder or whatever kernel source you're using)
/vender/lge/d800
/vender/lge/d801
/vender/lge/d802
/vender/lge/d803
/vender/lge/f320
/vender/lge/ls980
/vender/lge/vs980

As long as these directories exist in the correct locations, when you run /build/envsetup.sh it will find the vendorsetup.sh in each device's directory and add them to you lunch list.

Last edited:

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
@dr87,

Just wanted to point out that your kernel/device tree for vs980 dont match up for the config name.

https://github.com/dr87/SimpleKernel/blob/cleanaosp/arch/arm/configs/vs980_defconfig

but the makefile calls for "TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG := vs980a_defconfig"

https://github.com/dr87/g2devices/blob/master/vs980/BoardConfig.mk#L19

Simple enough to fix, but wanted to point it out for others who might be trying to setup to build.

@djvoleur, being that your post was 2 months old... I'm unsure if you're still looking for an answer. However, I figure I'd post an answer for anyone else looking to get started. This should apply for pretty much any rom, but I'm doing it with mahdi myself.

You need to have your directories setup correctly... If you're cloning Dr87's repos, you need to change the names a little.
You should end up with the following in your rom's source directory:

/device/lge/d800
/device/lge/d801
/device/lge/d802
/device/lge/803
/device/lge/ls980
/device/lge/vs980
/device/lge/g2-common
/kernel/lge/4.42 (containing the contents of SimpleKernel folder or whatever kernel source you're using)
/vender/lge/d800
/vender/lge/d801
/vender/lge/d802
/vender/lge/d803
/vender/lge/f320
/vender/lge/ls980
/vender/lge/vs980

As long as these directories exist in the correct locations, when you run /build/envsetup.sh it will find the vendorsetup.sh in each device's directory and add them to you lunch list.

or just use the other kernel branch which has important mdss updates....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have been getting a few PM's for help with upgrading to a 4.4.2 device base. I would like to share what I think is the most efficient way to upgrade to 4.4.2 sources with the least issues. This is the method I use on my Mahdi Rom. I see devs with issues stopping them from going to full 4.4.2 device/kernel/vendor trees and I would like to help get some more roms updated. If most roms follow the same methods we can also have custom kernels again.

4.4 device tree:
    Heavily modified from our 4.2 CM device tree. I also fixed some RIL issues that would stop the new RIL from working in some roms.

4.4 vendor tree
    : Completely remade using hammerhead as the base for the best aosp compatibility. Only added necessary blobs to run our hardware. The old vendor tree had way too many added files that didn't need to be used as prebuilts. Added missing files that should be present in kitkat. Sprint camera is currently broken and hopefully a LS980 dev can figure it out (Believe this to be vendor related)

4.4 kernel - clean branch
    : Only added the commits required for the rom to function normally, specials thanks to rmcc (original author of ril, vibration, bt fixes in my kernel tree) and jackpotclavin for a lot of the original AOSP fixes and many things on the G2 tree. On the 4.4.2 tree I was unable to get call echo fixed and we had other strange audio bugs everywhere due to reliance on the stock rom and taiko file. I decided to replace all the vendor / kernel audio drivers with Nexus 5 wcd9320 drivers and use custom mixers and audio has been working perfectly so far. (All this is already in the links I posted)

Other requirements

This commit must be added to display-caf

Qcom common folder

CM media repo

If anyone needs help with issues updating a rom post here and I will try to help.
    Will be updating Vanir this weekend

Hah nice :good:

Anyone who forked the vendor repo should sync with me again, when I added the rest of the vendor folders I forgot to sort out the device filters which would cause some duplicate errors
    I've got slim booting on d800 and everything is working except for a few things I forgot to add overlays for. HD video is working fine on slim.
    Hey doc! What do you know you are on the XDA Portal

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/need-help-updating-your-lg-g2-rom-to-4-4-2-sources/

Congrats you deserve it