Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][PRE-ALPHA]Coffee King: A simple Coffee app. I need testers n design suggestions

Tip us?

gautam360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Post [APP][PRE-ALPHA]Coffee King: A simple Coffee app. I need testers n design suggestions

Hey all!
I am new to app development. This is my first app project which I am going to upload to Play store!
I have created a pretty simple interface. But i think more can be done. I need YOU people to test it out and suggest me some ways to improve it. If you give a suggestion that I will implement/help me to code something, I won't forget to give you all credit!
Here is a link to the PRE-ALPHA stage apk: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5E...it?usp=sharing
Waiting for replies!
NOTE: not much content is there as its PRE-ALPHA so please don'st suggest content and stuff like that! And resolution appropriate stuff is not yet been included so please bear with the resolution anomalies if any occur.

Spectrys
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Wow! Very nice concept! I am both a windows programmer and coffee lover I love the app you made. The background color very nicely portrays coffee. One thing I learned from computer program development is consistency. Maybe recolor your icon and the green icon in the app itself. Maybe using columns and then centering the text and images would give a more professional appeal. One thing to add down the road would be maybe the recipe/making instructions as it does seem very simple.
Your app loading time/splash screen lasts a little longer than I expect for the app but then again it is not bad either. The text you chose reminds me of coffee house text too.
Very nice so far. Let ms know if you have any updates. Post the updates here. I subbed the thread.

==Spectrys' Nexus 5==
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectrys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gautam360
Old
(Last edited by gautam360; 15th June 2014 at 06:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrys View Post
Wow! Very nice concept! I am both a windows programmer and coffee lover I love the app you made. The background color very nicely portrays coffee. One thing I learned from computer program development is consistency. Maybe recolor your icon and the green icon in the app itself. Maybe using columns and then centering the text and images would give a more professional appeal. One thing to add down the road would be maybe the recipe/making instructions as it does seem very simple.
Your app loading time/splash screen lasts a little longer than I expect for the app but then again it is not bad either. The text you chose reminds me of coffee house text too.
Very nice so far. Let ms know if you have any updates. Post the updates here. I subbed the thread.

==Spectrys' Nexus 5==
Wait a second......
The splashscreen is green?????
I changed it and put up a new one !
I will see to it and put up the link again
thanks for your suggestions
a major update is lined up
will post in a day or two!
Again, thanks for testing it out spectrys!
Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5E...it?usp=sharing
see this and tell me if splash is changed but as is new update is rollin out so....
The Following User Says Thank You to gautam360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Spectrys
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam360 View Post
Wait a second......
The splashscreen is green?????
I changed it and put up a new one !
Maybe I can show you.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-14-06-06-53.png
Views:	122
Size:	198.9 KB
ID:	2799575

So this is what I meant by splash screen/ boot screen. I am currently working on a moc boot screen and background for the application to see what you think of it.
You do not need to accept of course but to show you maybe another approach.

BTW, my Nexus 5 screeen resolution is 1080x1920 going -------> and then
/\
|
|
The Following User Says Thank You to Spectrys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gautam360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default new vers!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5E...it?usp=sharing

Spectrys
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Wow that truly is an update. Very nice work. I like the app significantly more!

==Spectrys' Nexus 5==

gautam360
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrys View Post
Wow that truly is an update. Very nice work. I like the app significantly more!

==Spectrys' Nexus 5==
Well, thank you! you said you had design ideas in your mind have you created anything also need a few coders to cleanup the code as I am still a newbie
A facelift (again) is comin as an expert has suggested a few corrections
But it might take some while
Have you showed the app to other people?
Would like to here more reviews!

mortiisdei
Old
Thanks Meter 0
On my Xperia arc s with newest ics(587) for my language it stops on start. Just reporting. Cheers

Sent from my LT18i using XDA Free mobile app

CheatGamer5513
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Nice concept. Nice work..... Great!

Tags
coffee king, gautam360, pre-alpha