Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Idea: Build a USB OTG keyboard slider for MOTO X/G or Droid Maxx/Ultra

OP windraver

13th July 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #11  
Flag Frodsham, Cheshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 32

1,388 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godneps

But then you need to have BT on all the time and even with some extra battery power hidden away in the keyboard that'd be a power killer no?

Or am I looking at this all wrong? Should we just be taking a BT slider case and adding more battery life?! I mean it'd be pretty cool to have a phone where you could leave BT on at all times and still have power at the end of the day...

Odd - I do have BT on all the time, and have power at the end of the day. BT is never at the top of the usage list for me.
13th July 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #12  
Flag Turin
Thanks Meter: 129

960 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by godneps

But then you need to have BT on all the time and even with some extra battery power hidden away in the keyboard that'd be a power killer no?

BT is almost unnoticeable on the battery economy of a big sized android phone.

A keyboard does way less traffic than a BT headset, so way less battery consumption.

Th BT keyboard goes automagically in sleep mode when it's closed.

And, if you are picky, you can turn OFF the BT on the phone with a simple Tasker rule. (tasker is needed anyway to automate the screen rotation, the screen unlock when the keyboard is slided out and so).

If the above is not enough for you, I must add that the keyboard backlight, unlike a native one, is powered by its own battery.

So, the short answer to the question is absolutely not.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Solutor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th July 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Solutor

A keyboard does way less traffic than a BT headset, so way less battery consumption.

Now that I did not know. Every day is a school day...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread