Samsung is CRAP

OP xdm9mm

11th July 2014, 09:49 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 5

184 posts
Have to say Samsung are also driving me away.
I too had SDS with Note 2. I had ro pay for new mobo myself as despite the fact it was a recognised fault the phone was rooted so the Samsung service centre spanked me. I got over that begrudgingly.
Knox, yeah well we all know about that. PITA and all but what are you going to do? I know Samsung are trying to pass it off as a security measure and to an extent I get that. The option should be however to opt in or out.
I've had my new Samsung Google Wear watch all week now and I have to say the design leaves a lot to be desired. The charge dock is nothing short of a travesty. I really can't describe how much I hate it. Not only is the design a disgrace but the fact it only seems to function with an official Samsung micr USB charger is baffling. There may be micro USB leads out there that work with it but I've attempted to charge it with 3 official leads and none of them work. I've tried to use a Sony lead, a HTC (One) one and one from my Nexus 7. None work Not quite Apple Thunderbolt but surely getting there? The thing is I would like to charge my Watch and now phone from the USB points on my desktop. Seems this watch will only charge from the brick adaptor that goes into the plug socket. Masterpiece.
12th July 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #32  
Flag Shenzhen
Thanks Meter: 23

153 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toastido

Your disrespectful and racist comment is not welcome here. Unless that's actually a city or province, in which case my apologies.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T

Speak for yourself, everyone has the right to say anything they like, you as an American should have learned that in grade school
12th July 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #33  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 11

180 posts
When I think of all the features and complexity in these devices, it's no surprise they fail so often.

My Note 3 is about 3 months old and within the last couple of weeks I have noticed that rather disturbing 'noise' momentarily before I make a call. I suspect it's on the way out soon, but this is one reason why I bought a locally delivered unit with full warranty and have kept it on official firmwares so knox flag is still 0.
12th July 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #34  
Flag Toronto, ON (Hong Kong S.A.R.)
Thanks Meter: 1,456

2,022 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsurin

When I think of all the features and complexity in these devices, it's no surprise they fail so often.

My Note 3 is about 3 months old and within the last couple of weeks I have noticed that rather disturbing 'noise' momentarily before I make a call. I suspect it's on the way out soon, but this is one reason why I bought a locally delivered unit with full warranty and have kept it on official firmwares so knox flag is still 0.

I got my note on release day and haven't encountered any problems. I only returned my first one the second day as the compass was a bit weird. Other than that its been a great device.
13th July 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 146

1,102 posts
More
And I am going to buy a Note 3 because of the major design issues that the Nexus 5 has.

I still have 2 x S1 and 2 x a note 1 that work perfectly, a friend bought my S2 and still works perfectly, my wife has my S3, so I will return to Samsung. All my HTC phones I've had to return multiple times so no go for me.

Every brand has it's issues, but what I am encountering with my Nexus 5 and the attitude from Google and the service (if you can call it that way) is just awful. Just Google gps, screen, sound, speakers and Nexus 5. Probably the reason why chain paper still exist.
Yeah, everybody raves about the clean android but I never had issues with the latest TW after I switched stuff off.

Ok, I have to read about Knox before I will buy a Note 3 but what else can I buy. Sony, mmm screen wasn't nice last time I saw one.
13th July 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #36  
Flag Copenhagen
Thanks Meter: 202

620 posts
More
Got my SM N9005 on release day in denmark, and in the meantime it had been to hell and back literally. Dropped it by mistake many times, went with me in moshpits, got wet as hell when a sudden summer rain caught me unprepared and so forth. And yet, it works like a charm, the screen still has no scratches, the only actual damage that is visible is on the plastic silver bezels, they got their colour chipped here and there. You are either very unlucky, or you are doing something to your phone that messes it up. My best friend bought one in the same time with me, and he works in construction. His N3 is still in top shape also

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 37

101 posts
More
Oh, well...

European N9005, the thing had been on the shelf for MONTHS.

Since I got it, flashed at least 20 ROMs, and I'm still flashing, currently running CM11.

Besides bugs in the ROMs themselves, the device runs without a fault. Over/underclocking, all the good stuff.

Of course, the warranty is void thanks to KNOX, but I took the device with the idea to void the warranty as soon as I got to a PC with internet connection and working USB ports.
13th July 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #38  
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 31

190 posts
I hope knox will be soon beated

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread