Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,241 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ota to 4.4.2 a couple days ago

Tip us?

b0nz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I know this wont help now but it has been posted else where if your wanting to avoid the OTA open file explorer go into system and fine SDM file and either freeze it or delete it you will stop getting an update notice or a forced update

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

RonMan811
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nz View Post
I know this wont help now but it has been posted else where if your wanting to avoid the OTA open file explorer go into system and fine SDM file and either freeze it or delete it you will stop getting an update notice or a forced update

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
Hey b0nz,

Yes.....have done that a few times previously on devices but on this one, I wasn't planning to unlock and root it at all. That was, until a few days ago, when I saw CM11 on my SG3......it's awesome!! By that time, my Note 2 had taken in 2 OTA's.....one on 5/15 and another on 6/18. Had I known then what I know now, I would never have taken in either update.

Oh well. I'm thinking that one or more developer is gonna crack this locked bootloader issue sometime down the road and there will be a solution to this as there are more than just a few people that are looking for this to happen,.

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag View Post
Yes. A factory reset will only reset your phone to the current version you're on.... so since you're on 4.4.2, it would just reset everything to factory settings on that stock build version. As far as I can tell, if you are currently on 4.4.2 on the SCH-I605, there's really no easy "do it yourself" root method or way to unlock your bootloader at this time. There's a company called mobiletechvideos that may be able to downgrade your phone back to 4.1.2... you might want to research that as an option. I believe they charge around $75.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Hey mattnmag,

Thanks for confirming what I suspected. I will research the "mobiletechvideos" option......$75 isn't too bad if they can make it happen....and with a quick turnaround cuz the Note 2 is my primary device. If I don't go that route, I will wait to see what comes down the road. I can't imagine the locked bootloader issue is going to go unsolved for very long. Another option to look into would be to go to the Note 3 as I had read a few places that mentioned the Note 3 is not afflicted with the same problem.

Appreciate your input!!

Reilly1812
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Note 3 retail version has locked bootloader but is rootable.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

theReDkoolAiD
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnmag View Post
...There's a company called mobiletechvideos that may be able to downgrade your phone back to 4.1.2... you might want to research that as an option. I believe they charge around $75...
Why is that they can do it? I would think that someone on XDA or rootz would find a way.

mattnmag
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by theReDkoolAiD View Post
Why is that they can do it? I would think that someone on XDA or rootz would find a way.

This thread was posted a while back to answer your question.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50859132

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Device:
-Verizon Samsung Note II
-Android Version 4.1.2 / VRAMC3
-TWRP Recovery 2.6.3.1

Past Devices:
Verizon Samsung S3
Verizon Droid Charge
Asus TF201