Mobile network signal issue

OP pkshr

20th February 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 30

1,239 posts
More
So almost after 3 weeks of getting the TS I decided to put in my AT&T SIM. I was reluctant to use that tiny bastard screw driver but I did it anyways. I have noticed that the network signal strength of my watch is almost non-existant. It will get cellphone signal at only certain place. With the same sim card on my phone (Nexus 5), I get good cell reception.

How are others doing in this department? How's the cellphone signal? Is there anything I can do to improve the mobile network signal. Currently I am on stock with Loki's security patch.

I am not sure if this is a hardware issue or software issue. I remember someone opening the TS and checking the antenna. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Some information on my TS -

North American 1/8
Stock ROM with Loki's patch.
Last edited by pkshr; 20th February 2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: TS info added
20th February 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 30

1,239 posts
More
Ok here is my observation:

I could not get signal inside my office, home and costco

I did get signal once I get out of my office - full signal bars with H+. I made a short trip from office to costco and home and back to office. It was able to get signals when I was driving but in some areas where I used to get 2-3 bars in my phone, TS did not pick at any signal at all. So mobile network signal is working but it is pretty weak compared to my phone.

May be it needs some tune up 
11th July 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
i have the same problem,the signal is low and TS really has a hard time to find one,if its lost

can we do something about this ?
Last edited by kenos89; 11th July 2014 at 08:35 PM.
11th July 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

92 posts
More
I opened mine just to have a look and found one of the connectors lose, took a bit of fiddling to get it back on but my network signal seems as good as my note3.
The Following User Says Thank You to gillebob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #5  

26 posts
I don't know why, but after installing this app.https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nalbooster3g4g
The signal works perfectly, I didn't believe in this apps but now I don't know what to say
At least it works
13th July 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
Mobile frequency fluctuates on my end too, made sure APN settings are listed exactly like they say here on the forums, maybe I should change to another GSM 3G SIM card?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread