FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Root for the One Plus One?

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
13th July 2014, 11:09 PM |#21  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanid27

I amd trying to unlock bootlaoder, and install TWRP on my ONE+. I have tried both android SDK, and TOOLKIT FOR ONEPLUS FROM XDA, and I cannot get fastboot devices to recognize my One+.

What I have do so far:

My PC: windows 7 - 64bit

Installed SDK kit form developer.android.com, and installed the latest composite usb driver from Google.

Installed OnePLus toolkit and tried using that, no dice.

when I execute "fastboot devices" from my fastboot folder, my prompt hangs "waiting for device" FOREVER!!!

"ADB DEVICES" WORKS PERFECTLY, AND ECHOES MY SERIAL NUMBER BACK TO ME."

if you can do "adb devices" and get a response, then it doesnt sound like you are in fastboot mode. try doing "adb reboot bootloader" and see if your phone goes into fastboot. then in fastboot mode, see if you can see your phone in device manager.

14th July 2014, 12:01 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
root OPO
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs

if you can do "adb devices" and get a response, then it doesnt sound like you are in fastboot mode. try doing "adb reboot bootloader" and see if your phone goes into fastboot. then in fastboot mode, see if you can see your phone in device manager.

Here are the steps I take (in order that I do them)

Step 1 . adb reboot bootloader <<- This reboots my OPO into Fastboot Mode, an I can actually see in that mode.

Step 2. fastboot oem device-info <<- this hangs forever, or any other fastboot command, the OPO hangs with "<waiting for device>" as if it is no longer attached.

So, yes, I am in fastboot mode, and my OPO actually displays the CM face logo and underneath it says "fastboot mode" on its display.
14th July 2014, 12:25 AM |#23  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 482

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanid27

Here are the steps I take (in order that I do them)

Step 1 . adb reboot bootloader <<- This reboots my OPO into Fastboot Mode, an I can actually see in that mode.

Step 2. fastboot oem device-info <<- this hangs forever, or any other fastboot command, the OPO hangs with "<waiting for device>" as if it is no longer attached.

So, yes, I am in fastboot mode, and my OPO actually displays the CM face logo and underneath it says "fastboot mode" on its display.

just run fastboot oem unlock (saying you actually want to unlock, its not needed for root).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
customizing, cyanogenmod 11s, one plus one, root
Previous Thread Next Thread