Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,670 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Root for the One Plus One?

Tip us?

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanid27 View Post
I amd trying to unlock bootlaoder, and install TWRP on my ONE+. I have tried both android SDK, and TOOLKIT FOR ONEPLUS FROM XDA, and I cannot get fastboot devices to recognize my One+.

What I have do so far:

My PC: windows 7 - 64bit

Installed SDK kit form developer.android.com, and installed the latest composite usb driver from Google.

Installed OnePLus toolkit and tried using that, no dice.

when I execute "fastboot devices" from my fastboot folder, my prompt hangs "waiting for device" FOREVER!!!

"ADB DEVICES" WORKS PERFECTLY, AND ECHOES MY SERIAL NUMBER BACK TO ME."
if you can do "adb devices" and get a response, then it doesnt sound like you are in fastboot mode. try doing "adb reboot bootloader" and see if your phone goes into fastboot. then in fastboot mode, see if you can see your phone in device manager.

armanid27
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default root OPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jack of Clubs View Post
if you can do "adb devices" and get a response, then it doesnt sound like you are in fastboot mode. try doing "adb reboot bootloader" and see if your phone goes into fastboot. then in fastboot mode, see if you can see your phone in device manager.
Here are the steps I take (in order that I do them)

Step 1 . adb reboot bootloader <<- This reboots my OPO into Fastboot Mode, an I can actually see in that mode.

Step 2. fastboot oem device-info <<- this hangs forever, or any other fastboot command, the OPO hangs with "<waiting for device>" as if it is no longer attached.

So, yes, I am in fastboot mode, and my OPO actually displays the CM face logo and underneath it says "fastboot mode" on its display.

The Jack of Clubs
Old
Thanks Meter 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by armanid27 View Post
Here are the steps I take (in order that I do them)

Step 1 . adb reboot bootloader <<- This reboots my OPO into Fastboot Mode, an I can actually see in that mode.

Step 2. fastboot oem device-info <<- this hangs forever, or any other fastboot command, the OPO hangs with "<waiting for device>" as if it is no longer attached.

So, yes, I am in fastboot mode, and my OPO actually displays the CM face logo and underneath it says "fastboot mode" on its display.
just run fastboot oem unlock (saying you actually want to unlock, its not needed for root).
Tags
customizing, cyanogenmod 11s, one plus one, root