Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] What Your Impression for Android L?

OP ihsan123

26th June 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perak
Thanks Meter: 40

111 posts
More
Yesterday,google has announce it new android version developer preview which is android L,mainly this updates version will be the major updates version since google will revamped the UI of current android version to be more flat look,with colour UI and tons of SWEET animation and the whole new package of the UI change called Material Design, other than than that we also get locksreen notification,change and improvement on notification + quick setting toggles, battery improvements and now android L will fully run on android runtime (ART) instead of dalvik which will increased performances, i personally impress with the updates that google making and would like to see this run on my phone.

How about you guys,do you like the change made? do you think sony will also revamped it's current xperia/timescape UI to match with android L? and the most important question,will our current phone (xperia ZL) get the updates officially from sony? I do think sony should adapt the stock android L material design with the addition refresh of walkman,album,movie apps that match material design since the sony UI feel a little bit outdated to me. That's all
The Following User Says Thank You to ihsan123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 135

153 posts
I don't think that Sony will provide android L for ZL. They are too busy with their z2 and z3 concept they may not even turn back to these z series, hardly they will provide .233 upset for kk which consists bug fixes and that's it we will be made to sit with kk 4.4.2, we may not even get kk 4.4.3.
27th June 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 218

1,823 posts
I agree I don't think we'll get official android L. By that time I will unlock bootloader and get CM12 or whatever.
Ps I don't even have official kitkat for my ZL.. (generic DE)....
27th June 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #4  
Flag Mysore
Thanks Meter: 179

503 posts
More
We might get that via cyanogenmod. Sony never gonna release it to zl. May be this is the last update for us.

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
27th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Perak
Thanks Meter: 40

111 posts
More
too bad if that the case,hopefully by that time more dev will appear to make it run on this devices
27th June 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #6  
Flag Zhaoqing
Thanks Meter: 11

35 posts
More
just waiting for CM12
28th June 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chilliwack
Thanks Meter: 1

58 posts
More
I don't think we'll see official L on our devices. However the new keyboard looks great on the ZL and the new Google play services fixes the wake lock issue.
29th June 2014, 02:26 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 56

214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleYouPee

I agree I don't think we'll get official android L. By that time I will unlock bootloader and get CM12 or whatever.
Ps I don't even have official kitkat for my ZL.. (generic DE)....

Yeah, CM12 with Android 4.2 Blobs... I gave up counting on cm for xperia zl, they dont even managed to fix all the sound bugs for our device.
14th July 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #9  
Flag TOYOHASHI
Thanks Meter: 32

165 posts
More
Sony official release for our ZL will be a long wait unless you get the Z3 or Z4 whenever that comes out. Only way to get it is via Cyanogenmod I think.

Sent from Odin via XDA Premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread