ViperMax 2.0.0 | Android 4.4 | Sense 5.5 | International Support (5/1/2014)

Search This thread

farazhassankhan

Feb 25, 2012
Custom Kernels will be available in next update vipermax (SENSE 6)

Sent from my hTC one max using Vipermax 2.0.0 rom / xda premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Any question please feel free to ask

Yes, One question

When is ViperMax Sense 6 update coming? I mean any tentative time?

Sent from my HTC One max using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jm@n

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 21, 2012
Bristol CT
Custom Kernels will be available in next update vipermax (SENSE 6)

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Any question please feel free to ask

Oh nice, I have a question also. What features from tweaks kernel page be added to these custom kernels? All I hope

Last edited:

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
All options will be available on custom kernels as for eta you know the rules partner very very soon stay sharp

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

I will be taking care of the thread til Vinnie gets back

I'm not sure if sweep to wake is included in that but I'm hoping it is. My phone would then be complete. :) Thanks for all your hard work guys.

Jm@n

Jul 21, 2012
Bristol CT
You guys do know that all the features from tweaks kernel page are there for a kernel dev to add to a custom kernel right ? Those features do not work with a stock kernel and a stock kernel is what comes with the Rom .

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
You guys do know that all the features from tweaks kernel page are there for a kernel dev to add to a custom kernel right ? Those features do not work with a stock kernel and a stock kernel is what comes with the Rom .

Yes but anthony123 has said that custom kernels will be available in the Sense 6 update. I took this to mean that they will be available to install if the user wants them or that the rom would be released with a custom kernel included. Can anyone clarify this???

pyro43284

Sep 24, 2011
ma
And why don't I need to know Mr almighty imposter I asked a legitimate question didn't have to get hostile and what's with this stay sharp I think your broken comments are hilarious won't say who the developer is for the stock kernel with all these tweeks and and to stay sharp is the update in beta testing or anything testing to matter hmm one last question how can say what will be on a release when it's not even close to being ready or done yet????

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: sdamark

SwordOfWar

Apr 6, 2010
It has been my understanding that the sweep to wake and other custom kernel settings have been available so that users who decide to use a custom kernel can toggle those features easily. The reason the ROM comes with a stock kernel is for stability purposes.

appro77

May 8, 2011
Mackay
It has been my understanding that the sweep to wake and other custom kernel settings have been available so that users who decide to use a custom kernel can toggle those features easily. The reason the ROM comes with a stock kernel is for stability purposes.

Yes, but as far as I know no custom kernel that supports sweep to wake is available for the One Max so users don't have the option.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

One annoying thing that I've noticed with this otherwise excellent rom is that dialogue boxes etc have a light grey background which makes the white text on them very difficult to read. For instance the box that pops up asking to OK or Cancel when uninstalling an app is light grey.

Is this being caused by something that I've done or is it "normal"?

Jm@n

Jul 21, 2012
Bristol CT
Yes, but as far as I know no custom kernel that supports sweep to wake is available for the One Max so users don't have the option.

---------- Post added at 04:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 AM ----------

One annoying thing that I've noticed with this otherwise excellent rom is that dialogue boxes etc have a light grey background which makes the white text on them very difficult to read. For instance the box that pops up asking to OK or Cancel when uninstalling an app is light grey.

Is this being caused by something that I've done or is it "normal"?

Yes but the options are there if/when we do get them. Same with oc and the cpu page, if the kernel supports it it's there. No need for other cpu or kernel tweaking apps, can all be done in tweaks. Other devices have other devs making these kernels with these extra features, and as far as them being available, that's a promise made by @anthony123 that none of us know anything about.

The light grey dialog box is caused by a broken .9 image. Here's the fix, flash in recovery https://www.dropbox.com/s/w9fwe1145a9v49e/ViperMax_2.0.0_DialogBox_Fix.zip

pyro43284

Sep 24, 2011
ma
I can not comment on these question any further while the rom is in testing thanks for your comments

Ohhhh so you get the sneak peak of this build while the beta testers such as myself and the others don't okay I'm going to end this whatever makes you sleep good at night

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: liehuo and sdamark

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
I can not comment on these question any further while the rom is in testing thanks for your comments

If you're aware of someone (not team venom related) working on kernels, then that's fine. But I don't want you giving users some false hope that I, myself, am making a custom kernel or anything that will 'unlock' the tweaks.

And for you to say "...any further while the rom is in testing" is just ludicrous. I have mentioned before in the main thread that I have been extremely busy with work and family. So busy in fact, that my testers have received nothing from me regarding sense 6.0. I have begun my process of porting tweaks, but nothing has left my phone or computer.

If you're certain that someone is planning on releasing a kernel, then speak freely about it as you want. But in regards to the rom I make, you don't have a leg to stand on to discuss it's progress.

-Vin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    11949382796_3a2e4c1775_o.png

developers.png

Vinchenzop | Turge | j to the 4n

visit+us.png

credits.png

11948982524_ee9727fc28_o.png

downloads.png

Full ROMs:

ViperMax 2.0.0 International Version

MD5: a3ed669c87e43cec4d1b044ef247fd98

Old ROMs:

ViperMax 1.0.1 International Version

MD5: 1c8bacfc26c9447893382f0b2196c030

ViperMax 1.0.0 International Version

MD5: 4049f5e5a3948b9adc13d8055f35d8da

changelog.png

ViperMax 1.0.1
    • Rebased on the latest KitKat Official Release
    • New Tweaks, based on ViperOne 5.8 (too many to list)

ViperMax 1.0.1
    • Adds htccontacts.apk
    • Adds wp_mod.ko to disable write-protection for s-on users (Thanks @flar2!)
    • Fixes Hide PowerManager Notification Tweak
    • Enabled init.d support in kernel
    • Fixes a the hub entry for future Max-specifc themes

ViperMax 1.0.0
    • Initial Release

faq.png

1. When will the next version be released?
    Wrong question.​

2. How do I install the rom?!
    ViperMax Install Instructions

1. Download the the latest ViperOne full ROM zip from the download section
    2. Place the file somewhere on your phone storage. Alternatively, if you have a USB OTG cable (I have this exact one), you can place the rom on a USB key (FAT32, NTFS are all supported).
    3. Confirm the MD5 on the download page matches the MD5 of the file on your phone (ES File Explorer will show the MD5 of the file)
    4. Reboot to TWRP Recovery
    5. Backup current ROM if desired
    6. Install ROM using TWRP and select wipe during aroma install if coming from another base
    7. Reboot and Enjoy

If Aroma hangs up, reboot your recovery by holding vol-up and power until phone resets...then before it begins booting up, hold volume down, load into recovery and try again.

3. How do install OTA (Over-The-Air) updates?
    Settings - About - Software updates​

4. How do I restore my HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings)?
    Try long pressing the date in the notification bar (Pressing the date for about 2 seconds will toggle between HEQS, Quick Launch bar and "nothing")​

5. How do I make my device look like stock?
    To disable some of the tweaks, do the following:

1. Disable HEQS (Horizontal Enhanced Quick Settings): Long press the date in the notification bar for about 2 seconds to toggle between modes until it's hidden
    2. Disable Weather: Tweaks - Status Bar - Weather - Hide
    3. Disable Header Text (cpu usage, etc.): Tweaks - Status Bar - Header - Information - Hide
    4. Disable VEQS (Vertical Enhanced Quick Settings): Tweaks - Status Bar - Vertical quick settings - Disable

6. I have a problem with the ROM (FC, Boot Loop, apps closing automatically). How can I get my problem resolved?
    First things first. Try wiping data and replicating the issue:
    1. Rebooting into Recovery
    2. Perform a Nandroid backup (of just Data if you wish)
    3. Flash the ROM and select the option to "Wipe Data"
    4. Try replicating the issue

If the problem persists, capture a logcat and send it to me.

To capture a logcat, If you have fastboot setup, you already have the drivers installed and probably already have adb.exe in the same folder as fastboot.exe:

1. Open the Command Prompt (run it as Administrator if UAC is enabled in Windows)
    2. run adb logcat >c:\logcat.txt
    3. To capture an FC, use the command adb shell "logcat | grep AndroidRuntime" >c:logcat.txt
    4. Press Control-C to stop logging
    5. Paste the contents of c:\logcat.txt into http://pastebin.com
    6. Post the link here with the problem being experienced

If you still have the issue, check to see if it's been reported here and create a new incident if it already hasn't: http://venomroms.com/forums/project.php?projectid=14

7. Whats the md5 sum thing?
    It ensures, that the rom is downloaded correctly and completly to avoid weird issues when installing/using the rom. Google for "md5 sum checker" and you should find what you need.​

8. I found a theme or mod, will it work on this rom?
    It's NOT recommended to use mod/themes that dont clearly state, that they are compatible with our rom. Thems/Mods always use framework files which will brake mods/stuff in our rom.​

9. My question is not listed here, what to do?
    Ensure you used the xda search, google and your brain before asking a question in the thread. If you cant find an answer yourself we will answer your question for sure! (-:​

10. My media (pictures, music, etc.) is not listed in the Gallery/HTC Music/etc.
    Try rescanning your SDCARD by using an app such as Media Scanner

11. What are the correct sizes for custom carrier logo?
    Try 100x100​

12. Developer mode is no longer listed in Settings. How do I enable it?
    Go to Settings - About - Software information - More and click on the Build number 7 times. (For real! ;))​

13. Insufficient storage error on app update/install in play store

14. Where can I find themes for this ROM, besides the HUB?
    You can find themes and information on how to make your own here.

15. Themes from the HUB make my icons too large, why?
    The One Max uses different dimension icons. Venom Themers will be updating statusbar themes to accomidate this change over the next couple of days.​

Signatures.png

11738368235_053514a3fa_o.png
    11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
    ViperMax 2.0.0 (kitkat, sense 5.5) is now available in the 2nd post!!!

Enjoy!

~Vin