Flag Agartala
Thanks Meter: 533

553 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Da_rk

Android 2.3.7
White text on a white backgroud.

shouldn't happen with default gingerbread theme. probably the mobile's OS is too much skinned
26th June 2014, 11:48 PM   |  #102  
Thanks Meter: 105

101 posts
More
Thanks for the app!

Though it functions beautifully, I've noticed one alarming but inconsistent glitch: On very rare occasions it completely bypasses my lockscreen. It's hard to say how many times this has actually happened as I have 10-minute timeout to lock and there were instances where it felt like I hadn't touched the phone in at least that long - but not that I could swear to. There have been at least a few cases where I know the phone had been untouched for at least 30 minutes yet the phone was unlocked even if I dismissed the notification. This is very rare & has probably happened only 4-5 times (that I'm reasonably sure of) over the past few months. I'm not sure which notifications are the trigger (if there even is a specific trigger,) but I think they were probably news - BBC/NBC/PBS, etc. With such alerts I normally take note that something happened & dismiss the alerts.

Wish I could provide more info, but I'm rarely paying much attention when alerts pop up & by the time I realize that something weird just happened I've already forgotten precisely what triggered it. Nexus 5, Stock, Unrooted. Using pattern lock.
27th June 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Agartala

553 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromMountainView

Thanks for the app!

Though it functions beautifully, I've noticed one alarming but inconsistent glitch: On very rare occasions it completely bypasses my lockscreen. It's hard to say how many times this has actually happened as I have 10-minute timeout to lock and there were instances where it felt like I hadn't touched the phone in at least that long - but not that I could swear to. There have been at least a few cases where I know the phone had been untouched for at least 30 minutes yet the phone was unlocked even if I dismissed the notification. This is very rare & has probably happened only 4-5 times (that I'm reasonably sure of) over the past few months. I'm not sure which notifications are the trigger (if there even is a specific trigger,) but I think they were probably news - BBC/NBC/PBS, etc. With such alerts I normally take note that something happened & dismiss the alerts.

Wish I could provide more info, but I'm rarely paying much attention when alerts pop up & by the time I realize that something weird just happened I've already forgotten precisely what triggered it. Nexus 5, Stock, Unrooted. Using pattern lock.

I've had reports of that earlier also. Currently working on a new version for 4.4+. Kindly stay tuned
The Following User Says Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 105

101 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbibek

I've had reports of that earlier also. Currently working on a new version for 4.4+. Kindly stay tuned

Great, thanks!

Any way notifications can skirt the user info line on the lockscreen. I know I'm probably the only one who uses this, but it gives me a sense of (probably imagined) security. Unfortunately notifications usually end up covering that line.
4th July 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Agartala

553 posts
Donate to Me
Hello everyone. After two months of hard work, my new app is live. And it has all the features that everyone asked from NotifyMe.

I've tried my best to keep it more functional than other notification apps in market.

Hope you like it. XDA thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2804624
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th July 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #106  
Thanks Meter: 3

79 posts
Quote:

Hello everyone. After two months of hard work, my new app is live. And it has all the features that everyone asked from NotifyMe.

I've tried my best to keep it more functional than other notification apps in market.

Hope you like it. XDA thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2804624

Thanks for the hard work.

Will the new app run on A4.2?

If not, could you please add an option to make notifications recurring (the screen will light every X minutes until the notification is viewed/dismissed)

I've actually posted in the notific thread but then realized its a different app which might not run on my phone (A4.2)

Cheers
14th July 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #107  
OP Senior Member
Flag Agartala

553 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzzxx11

Thanks for the hard work.

Will the new app run on A4.2?

If not, could you please add an option to make notifications recurring (the screen will light every X minutes until the notification is viewed/dismissed)

I've actually posted in the notific thread but then realized its a different app which might not run on my phone (A4.2)

Cheers

I don't think I'll do that. will consume too much battery
14th July 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #108  
Thanks Meter: 3

79 posts
Quote:

I don't think I'll do that. will consume too much battery

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can I ask you to reconsider this? this feature exists on the iphone & is immensely beneficial + others have also requested this on the notific thread.

Say one is not near the phone when a notification lights up the screen. when they come back, they might not know they have a notification waiting since the screen is off. There are plenty of LED issues (not blinking, or simply if the phone is being charged the LED is constantly on so no blinking notification).
If someone wouldnt want this (due to battery usage or wahtever) they could simply enter 0 for the wake-up frequency or untick for this option.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to mzzxx11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gpl, lockscreen, notification, notify
Previous Thread Next Thread