Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,251 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Notify-Me :: Lockscreen Notifications. [New v2]

Tip us?
 
anandbibek
Old
#101  
anandbibek's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 482
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Agartala

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_Da_rk View Post
Android 2.3.7
White text on a white backgroud.
shouldn't happen with default gingerbread theme. probably the mobile's OS is too much skinned
 
NotFromMountainView
Old
#102  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 101
Join Date: Oct 2013
Thanks for the app!

Though it functions beautifully, I've noticed one alarming but inconsistent glitch: On very rare occasions it completely bypasses my lockscreen. It's hard to say how many times this has actually happened as I have 10-minute timeout to lock and there were instances where it felt like I hadn't touched the phone in at least that long - but not that I could swear to. There have been at least a few cases where I know the phone had been untouched for at least 30 minutes yet the phone was unlocked even if I dismissed the notification. This is very rare & has probably happened only 4-5 times (that I'm reasonably sure of) over the past few months. I'm not sure which notifications are the trigger (if there even is a specific trigger,) but I think they were probably news - BBC/NBC/PBS, etc. With such alerts I normally take note that something happened & dismiss the alerts.

Wish I could provide more info, but I'm rarely paying much attention when alerts pop up & by the time I realize that something weird just happened I've already forgotten precisely what triggered it. Nexus 5, Stock, Unrooted. Using pattern lock.
 
anandbibek
Old
#103  
anandbibek's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 482
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Agartala

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotFromMountainView View Post
Thanks for the app!

Though it functions beautifully, I've noticed one alarming but inconsistent glitch: On very rare occasions it completely bypasses my lockscreen. It's hard to say how many times this has actually happened as I have 10-minute timeout to lock and there were instances where it felt like I hadn't touched the phone in at least that long - but not that I could swear to. There have been at least a few cases where I know the phone had been untouched for at least 30 minutes yet the phone was unlocked even if I dismissed the notification. This is very rare & has probably happened only 4-5 times (that I'm reasonably sure of) over the past few months. I'm not sure which notifications are the trigger (if there even is a specific trigger,) but I think they were probably news - BBC/NBC/PBS, etc. With such alerts I normally take note that something happened & dismiss the alerts.

Wish I could provide more info, but I'm rarely paying much attention when alerts pop up & by the time I realize that something weird just happened I've already forgotten precisely what triggered it. Nexus 5, Stock, Unrooted. Using pattern lock.
I've had reports of that earlier also. Currently working on a new version for 4.4+. Kindly stay tuned
The Following User Says Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
NotFromMountainView
Old
#104  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 105
Posts: 101
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbibek View Post
I've had reports of that earlier also. Currently working on a new version for 4.4+. Kindly stay tuned
Great, thanks!

Any way notifications can skirt the user info line on the lockscreen. I know I'm probably the only one who uses this, but it gives me a sense of (probably imagined) security. Unfortunately notifications usually end up covering that line.
 
anandbibek
Old
#105  
anandbibek's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 482
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Agartala

 
DONATE TO ME
Hello everyone. After two months of hard work, my new app is live. And it has all the features that everyone asked from NotifyMe.

I've tried my best to keep it more functional than other notification apps in market.

Hope you like it. XDA thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2804624
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to anandbibek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mzzxx11
Old
#106  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbibek View Post
Hello everyone. After two months of hard work, my new app is live. And it has all the features that everyone asked from NotifyMe.

I've tried my best to keep it more functional than other notification apps in market.

Hope you like it. XDA thread : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2804624

Thanks for the hard work.

Will the new app run on A4.2?

If not, could you please add an option to make notifications recurring (the screen will light every X minutes until the notification is viewed/dismissed)

I've actually posted in the notific thread but then realized its a different app which might not run on my phone (A4.2)

Cheers
 
anandbibek
Old
#107  
anandbibek's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 482
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Agartala

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzzxx11 View Post
Thanks for the hard work.

Will the new app run on A4.2?

If not, could you please add an option to make notifications recurring (the screen will light every X minutes until the notification is viewed/dismissed)

I've actually posted in the notific thread but then realized its a different app which might not run on my phone (A4.2)

Cheers
I don't think I'll do that. will consume too much battery
 
mzzxx11
Old
#108  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 79
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandbibek View Post
I don't think I'll do that. will consume too much battery
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Can I ask you to reconsider this? this feature exists on the iphone & is immensely beneficial + others have also requested this on the notific thread.

Say one is not near the phone when a notification lights up the screen. when they come back, they might not know they have a notification waiting since the screen is off. There are plenty of LED issues (not blinking, or simply if the phone is being charged the LED is constantly on so no blinking notification).
If someone wouldnt want this (due to battery usage or wahtever) they could simply enter 0 for the wake-up frequency or untick for this option.

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to mzzxx11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
gpl, lockscreen, notification, notify
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes