FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Strange video playback issue

14th June 2014, 07:26 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Please note the biggest and most likely factor is this device I have is factory refurbished.

I currently have the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi 4.4.2 device and I am irritated it took me two months to actually use it for video because my warrenty and return ability are now gone. As I have tested multiple times, using several apps, I cannot view any video unless its streamed on my device (I.e. Skype) now an image is attached. What could the issue possibly be?

What I have done so far to test:
Used different apps - YouTube, Google chrome, MX player, native player, es video player
Wiped the device several times
Replaced all images with stock images of 4.3 then went back to 4.4.2 neither worked
Changed any video playback settings I could
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-14-01-25-05.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	2797106  
 
 
15th June 2014, 04:17 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,318
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFreds

Please note the biggest and most likely factor is this device I have is factory refurbished.

I currently have the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi 4.4.2 device and I am irritated it took me two months to actually use it for video because my warrenty and return ability are now gone. As I have tested multiple times, using several apps, I cannot view any video unless its streamed on my device (I.e. Skype) now an image is attached. What could the issue possibly be?

What I have done so far to test:
Used different apps - YouTube, Google chrome, MX player, native player, es video player
Wiped the device several times
Replaced all images with stock images of 4.3 then went back to 4.4.2 neither worked
Changed any video playback settings I could

Update to 4.4.3. Report back if it's still an issue. You have center clock, so that's a custom ROM or Xposed. Either of those could cause the issue. Remove it from the equation.
15th June 2014, 05:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Update to 4.4.3. Report back if it's still an issue. You have center clock, so that's a custom ROM or Xposed. Either of those could cause the issue. Remove it from the equation.

Oddly enough, I've had three failed attempts at updating to 4.4.3
15th June 2014, 03:01 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,318
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFreds

Oddly enough, I've had three failed attempts at updating to 4.4.3

Force it with fastboot and stock image.
16th June 2014, 11:57 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowinder

Force it with fastboot and stock image.


Sadly that did not change anything
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-16-17-54-00.png
Views:	13
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	2802362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-16-17-54-53.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	2802363  
14th July 2014, 09:05 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bump and update

The issue may be since I got this refurbished, something went wrong with internal codecs, because vary rarely I run into a video I can watch. I'd say 1 in 1000.

This is the video I found, I can't post links yet so replace the periods
Www youtube com/watch?v=5JyvmcoyHdw
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank