Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Kernel][Bootloader] OUYA EPRJ Kernel 3.4.37, OUYA-Enhanced rom, repacked image

Tip us?
 
zebular
Old
#121  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Apr 2012
Awesome! Now we just need a stable unlocked kernel. Not sure my soldering skills are good enough for the mod you did on yours...
 
nchantmnt
Old
#122  
nchantmnt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
We don't want users to break their devices with some crazy mods. What I did was more for testing where the weak points on the PCB are and I broke one of the stock inductors anyway our goal is to provide software that can run on stock hardware as stable as possible
EternityProject Team Member & Developer
 
zebular
Old
#123  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchantmnt View Post
We don't want users to break their devices with some crazy mods. What I did was more for testing where the weak points on the PCB are and I broke one of the stock inductors anyway our goal is to provide software that can run on stock hardware as stable as possible
Well I just got Ouya #5 from Goodwill for $30 yesterday, so testing/modding isn't a huge deal breaker for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to zebular For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nchantmnt
Old
#124  
nchantmnt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebular View Post
Well I just got Ouya #5 from Goodwill for $30 yesterday, so testing/modding isn't a huge deal breaker for me.
we'll see where we're heading. when needed i will give proper advice on how to do it correctly but for now you might be better off leaving it as is.

just so you know ouya enhanced rom is not dead i'm giving you some screens and info:

changelog:
rebased on latest ota (RC-OUYA-1.2.1084-r1_ota)
deodexed, rooted, zipalinged and busyboxed
themed (i def. prefer cyan/blue style over that ugly orange)
lot's of adservers blocked
init.d support added
moved boot.img to /system partition for bootloader compatibility
xposed & modpack preinstalled to /data/app ... you can remove it if you don't like it
many tweaks under the hood
some other stuff i can't remember right now...too distracted from watching soccer right now

sorry for the bad quality pictures.
screenshot doesnt work right now due to some bug i seem to have added
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140713_214846.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	2849651   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140713_215244.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	2849652   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140713_214814.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	2849659  
EternityProject Team Member & Developer
 
zebular
Old
#125  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 24
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchantmnt View Post
we'll see where we're heading. when needed i will give proper advice on how to do it correctly but for now you might be better off leaving it as is.

just so you know ouya enhanced rom is not dead i'm giving you some screens and info:

changelog:
rebased on latest ota (RC-OUYA-1.2.1084-r1_ota)
deodexed, rooted, zipalinged and busyboxed
themed (i def. prefer cyan/blue style over that ugly orange)
lot's of adservers blocked
init.d support added
moved boot.img to /system partition for bootloader compatibility
xposed & modpack preinstalled to /data/app ... you can remove it if you don't like it
many tweaks under the hood
some other stuff i can't remember right now...too distracted from watching soccer right now

sorry for the bad quality pictures.
screenshot doesnt work right now due to some bug i seem to have added
What about Google Play? It seems they have more or less blocked it.
 
nchantmnt
Old
(Last edited by nchantmnt; 14th July 2014 at 11:18 AM.)
#126  
nchantmnt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 126
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
working like a charm. You need an older version of xposed framework for that one to work. 2.5.1 to be precise. Newer ones cause errors.
EternityProject Team Member & Developer
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes