Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] CyanogenMod and encryption (phone switches off after entering password)

Tip us?

DarkDarth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] CyanogenMod and encryption (phone switches off after entering password)

I installed a few of the latest CyanogenMod 11 nightlys and tried to encrypt the phone. There is no error message. The problem that I have is after I enter the decryption password when the phone starts up, a green android robot appears for a second before the phone switches off.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to resolve it? I am using CWM and am rooted.

FaultyFirmware
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I can confirm this behavior. On my XT1034 using Cyanogenmod 11.0 M5 I experienced the same results as Dark Darth. I used TWRP 2.6.3.3-falcon for the test. This bug is not listed in the "known issues" page for the ROM: "Known_Issues_page_for_falcon"
Here are some others who have had the same problem: "88973-moto-g-cm11-encryption-failed"
(Sorry, I can't post outside links. Just do a search for the quoted terms above to get the pages I'm referencing.)

How are bug reports filed? Is dhacker29 aware of this issue?

As far as I know there is no way to get encryption working on Cyanogenmod on the Moto G at the moment.

zpuck
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I already filed a bug for this with CyanogenMod devs: CYAN-4532. Please consider voting for this issue so it gets more visible - just google the Bug ID.

The bug report got assigned to dhacker29, so I guess he should already know about it.