Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,360 Members 49,449 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Z2 Tablet - Initial impressions thread

Tip us?

Dom3000
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinfinityoO View Post
the only thing i hate is the headphone jack..like wtf ..y put it at the bottom.. what if someone ones to put the tablet down and watch movies using headphones.. .. only way is turning it upside down ..but then again u cant make it stand using a case as the flaps are on the other side ..and putting support at the back of the table (like books etc) is a nuisance

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

tallguy_uk_98
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So having had the Z2 tablet for a week, I have to say I'm impressed, with one caveat, having come from a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 (2012) I really really miss the stylus input, I hope Sony can turn it on in an update if the hardwear is there.

Otherwise, no lag, good 4G speed, awesome screen, reasonable speakers, movies look amazing, as do imported photos, no experience with the built in shooter yet, and unlike a lot of reviews, I don't mind the bezels as they make it easy to hold.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kbroh
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Xperia z2 tablet 16 GB WiFi version. Awesome. Battery life is superb. Visualization is crisp, speakers are average, touch controls are better after the update, magnetic charging is great, no lag (especially on cm11!). Only downside is the price. But well worth it compared to the new Samsung tabs!

Sent from my Nexus 5 Unchained using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

meteor999
Old
(Last edited by meteor999; 14th July 2014 at 08:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Just got mine today. Loving it so far. screen very responsive. Its one sexy and fast machine

Thought I would expand, firstly I find screen responsiveness to be very good, however it was poor before I installed the latest update . Its funny Sometimes the screen is too responsive - it suffers from double presses. Battery seems good so far, only had it a day so it might take a while for battery stats to function properly. I struggle to type two handed in landscape due to the wide bezzal. While I was in the shop today i tryed out the octa core galaxy tab s! Its a beauty, practically no bezzal, however when you hold it as a result of the thin bezzal your palm or other fingers resting on the side will trigger touches. I couldnt tell any difference in responsiveness between the two. And I wonder about battery life in an octa core, although I here its just two quad cores with one idle unless needed. I love the screen, it is way and above adequete.

Ill see how things go over the next week and update with a conclusion