Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,962 Members 39,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Which Tab Do You Like
Icon 4 57.14%
Text 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

[GUIDE]How to add Tab in Settings.apk with Icon(Working)

Tip us?

Myth2014
Old
Thanks Meter 7

Sent from my IM-A690S using Tapatalk 2

giew13
Old
Thanks Meter 43
is there any idea to move display settings, sound settings etc into the second layout?
I've been try to move the line into the second layout and when i flash it's give force close
DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS IF I HELP YOU

GSculerlor
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by giew13 View Post
is there any idea to move display settings, sound settings etc into the second layout?
I've been try to move the line into the second layout and when i flash it's give force close
Get the code from Settings.xml
Like this
Code:
Select Code
<com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/sound_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_sound">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.SoundSettings" />
    </com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen>
    <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/display_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_display">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" />
After you found what you want to move, just move that code to layout that you want. In this case, place in advanced_settings.xml and Compile it
What You SEE Is What You GET
Quote:
Getting Close With My Work :

giew13
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSculerlor View Post
Get the code from Settings.xml
Like this
Code:
Select Code
<com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/sound_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_sound">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.SoundSettings" />
    <com.android.settings.IconPreferenceScreen android:title="@string/display_settings_title" settings:icon="@drawable/ic_settings_display">
        <intent android:targetPackage="com.android.settings" android:action="android.intent.action.MAIN" android:targetClass="com.android.settings.DisplaySettings" />
After you found what you want to move, just move that code to layout that you want. In this case, place in advanced_settings.xml and Compile it
i've been try it but it give a force close
i think i should modify the settings.smali first but i dont know how
any solutions?
DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THANKS IF I HELP YOU

Tags
guide, mod, tutorial