Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,817 Members 54,029 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4.2 MOD]S5 Messaging

Tip us?

sfld
Old
Thanks Meter 48
got the app to run with the verizon files but mms is failing...how can I fix this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Phone:Galaxy Note 3 Verizon

Tada10
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfld View Post
got the app to run with the verizon files but mms is failing...how can I fix this?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Try Jasmine Rom 2.0 it's full S5 port for Note 3 with S5 messaging.

Sent from Note 3 📒
Jasmine v2.0 Rom👀
Fly-On Mod v5.0💸
The Following User Says Thank You to Tada10 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sfld
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Anyone notice mms wont work when wifi is on?
Phone:Galaxy Note 3 Verizon

Tada10
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejaymarx View Post
This is a working version of the S5 messaging app. It is a very nice messaging app.

REQUIRES 4.4.2

Everything working on my end, send and receiving of MMS as well. This MAY require the S5 framework, but it may not. I am not offering support for this, just sharing!

Place the SecMMS_blue.apk in System/Priv-App and set permissions. Remove/rename the original SecMMS.apk
Place the SecTelephonyProvider.sms in System/App and set permissions, remove/rename original.

Click HERE for files.

Also... it does seem to take a minute or 2 to send the MMS. If it didn't send within a few minutes... turn off WiFi and see if it works!

PLEASE hit thanks for me, I appreciate it!
Does this still work? I followed a few threads and some are different versions. Everyone got this working?

thegamerdarkseid
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tada10 View Post
Does this still work? I followed a few threads and some are different versions. Everyone got this working?
Yes it still works Just follow the steps in this thread. Here's a link to my dropbox with the proper files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6732
I'm the artist formerly known as theafrosamurai, going in a new direction.

Tada10
Old
Thanks Meter 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfroSamurai View Post
Yes it still works Just follow the steps in this thread. Here's a link to my dropbox with the proper files.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6732
Mine keeps force closing not sure why

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

I had to delete the .odex files to get rid of the FC. Is that okay? Both of the .odex respectively that matched those files.

thegamerdarkseid
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tada10 View Post
Mine keeps force closing not sure why

---------- Post added at 04:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 AM ----------

I had to delete the .odex files to get rid of the FC. Is that okay? Both of the .odex respectively that matched those files.
I never have used them on an odexed Rom. You either have to overwrite the old apks or rename them with a ".bak" at the end. Also remember to set permissions after pushing each apk. If you haven't.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAfroSamurai View Post
I never have used them on an odexed Rom. You either have to overwrite the old apks or rename them with a ".bak" at the end. Also remember to set permissions after pushing each apk. If you haven't.

Edit : I don't know if you've ever set permissions before so I'm explaining. After you place the apk, long press it. A menu will pop up, click permissions, you should get a 3x3 grid. In the first row check the first two boxes, in the next two rows underneath the first row only check the first box. Do that for both apks you push in and reboot. I don't develop so I don't know if it will work on an odexed rom.

I'm the artist formerly known as theafrosamurai, going in a new direction.

Tada10
Old
Thanks Meter 133
I have made it for a stock NC2 or NC4 odex. Let me know if it works for you as well. I included both the .odex files with them.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B02B...p=docslist_api

Tags
mms, note3, s5 app, secmms, verizon