[SIGNUP] [DEVELOPMENT] signup sheet for aosp build team

Search This thread

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Restl3ss,

so apply powertop /cwm&twrp , ffamework is not for us, and libva i don't know yet. so replace the framework files you patched with
originals, get em from git [get it? :silly:] the skpaint.cpp issue might take a bit. once you fix your current issue can you post your next log
go or no in a text file?

m

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

hazou,

the bzimage is bzimage just renamed.
my boardconfig is square when using prebuilt.

when set to use source instead is where i get no rule to make target zimage.
that's the compiler, now what i'm not sure of is if i am suppose to add
export ARCH=x86 to the make bootimage command, or nav to kernel source within and export ARCH=X86 & make menuconfig first,
though the latter i think would be made old on a new run. with skia it would help to know what registers are and where they point to since c,cpp
seems to always be pointing to something/file external, which is driving me mad [mad i tell you!].
also may we can [borrow] steal from androidx86 project ?
now keep in mind i am searching on my own
but i always ask questions anyway, two heads being better than one.

thanks as always.

m

i totally forgot u are using the new 4.4 kernel from intel. There is a huge chance that, that one wont work. it doesn't have the right defconfig (the file that tells the builder what to make for your device) and most likely all the drivers that the tab needs. That's why there are so many different kernels laying around for android. Always use your stock kernel source. it should be somewhere on the internet because it must be opensource. If your stock works, than u can upgrade/move components from your stock to the new 4.4 kernel.

For the bootloops. Always try to make a recovery first. A kernel wont boot an OS by it self without the right ramdisk (both make bootimage, but u already know that), while u have all the parts in cm11 to make a recovery. There are no extra's needed for building a recovery than having a device tree with some basic functions in it. (like: kernel make parameters, device parameters, partition tables) So always make a recovery first. if it boots u have the basics under control.

About the SKIA problem. in this case it doesn't call for an outside file, nah sort of. Libc doesn't know the parameters because they are for ARM, that's why according to the commits we will use our own memcpy (libc x86 memcpy) parameters that should work. It is a bit fizzling around and get everything on the right track. I can make a patch for you for it, but it may take some time (or maybe not :p) and i can't test it.

Reactions: bithunter_99
M

moonbutt74

@Hazou,

whatever you whip-up i will test.
i have my baseball bat ready should my comp try to kill me again....:silly:

m

quick question in C : when i get <error> 50:12 for example, that message means
[this is screwy] from line 50: through to line 62, meaning a block of code from for example

50 #indef
to however many lines
62 #endif

is that right? understanding that better would be helpful.

Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
@Hazou,

whatever you whip-up i will test.
i have my baseball bat ready should my comp try to kill me again....:silly:

m

quick question in C : when i get <error> 50:12 for example, that message means
[this is screwy] from line 50: through to line 62, meaning a block of code from for example

50 #indef
to however many lines
62 #endif

is that right? understanding that better would be helpful.

As far as I understand it, it means that on line 50 at character 12 is the error.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P5110

M

moonbutt74

mount points - vold - fstab

hazou,

sorry to be pesty, where in build system do i address mount point, vold, fstab, device nodes etc. ?

m
also these messages
"ebtables is disabled on this build"
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5

and for some reason still getting these
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?
and
find: `src': No such file or directory

Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
hazou,

sorry to be pesty, where in build system do i address mount point, vold, fstab, device nodes etc. ?

m
also these messages
"ebtables is disabled on this build"
warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5

and for some reason still getting these
Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?
and
find: `src': No such file or directory

i dont mind to give some information ;)

It is quiet difficult to say in word how a device tree looks like and were to put all those files. The think i can recommend you is to look at official CyanogenMod device repository's. I myself have started with this one, Turl SMI Git. This one can build a fully working recovery for the Razr I. After that i used my other experiences with my old Wildfire and had a look at other device trees on how to set mine up. Mine is still a mess, but that will change in time.

the first 2, i don't know. they are new i think. Haven't had any experience with them. Will look at that when 4.4 is out for my device.

The last 2 are common. The 'src' one, i dunno. The dependencies is a file within the device tree what CyanogenMod uses to get extra sources for your device. How it works? look on the internet.

Edit:

Here u got the patch that u can try (for cm-11.0):

memcpy_76: fix behavior on non-ARM architecture.patch

I just copied over the patch from the author to cm-11. At this moment when this patch is patched, it will use the generic memcpy, eventually we will use the x86 variant of it if it is possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: bithunter_99
M

moonbutt74

grrrrrrrr

okay so,

so i built through with no system apps and framework files, meaning the ones i actually need.
recovery cwm registers sdcard and goes through the motions of backup but writes nothing
edit recovery-recovery.fstab incorrect/inaccesible - backs up to /data/media
i know this has to do with vold llvm? going to take a diversion over to aosp to test out a theory and then
scream for a while.....and maybe run around in circles in the yard till i barf and/or pass out

m :crying:

Last edited:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
okay so,

so i built through with no system apps and framework files, meaning the ones i actually need.
recovery cwm registers sdcard and goes through the motions of backup but writes nothing

i know this has to do with vold llvm? going to take a diversion over to aosp to test out a theory and then
scream for a while.....and maybe run around in circles in the yard till i barf and/or pass out

m :crying:

Going to AOSP wont solve anything. Can u upload your device tree to github or in any other way. Then i can have a look. Building roms take patience, patience and even more patience to get it all set up. Sometimes the smallest typo lead to the biggest problems and it take ages to find it.

If u mean by 'vold' the vold.fstab, then yes. Maybe u miss configure it.

But in the mean time, i will just use my shovel to throw dirt in the circle shape in your garden. So u wont dig through to china.

Last edited:
Reactions: pug1
M

moonbutt74

will running in circles and barfing help.... =P

Going to AOSP wont solve anything. Can u upload your device tree to github or in any other way. Then i can have a look. Building roms take patience, patience and even more patience to get it all set up. Sometimes the smallest typo lead to the biggest problems and it take ages to find it.

If u mean by 'vold' the vold.fstab, then yes. Maybe u miss configure it.

But in the mean time, i will just use my shovel to throw dirt in the circle shape in your garden. So u wont dig through to china.

hazou,
link to the tree http://d-h.st/Pti , i know it's a mess i haven't posted an updated more proper [stock boot,recovery]
version yet as it takes HOURS :eek: . is llvm related to volume management?

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
hazou,
link to the tree http://d-h.st/Pti , i know it's a mess i haven't posted an updated more proper [stock boot,recovery]
version yet as it takes HOURS :eek: . is llvm related to volume management?

llvm is an android compiler. The thing that translate code into binaries.

That device tree is hugh o_O

But on the other hand, why not use the device tree from angel? It looks fine.

Last edited:
M

moonbutt74

hmmmm

llvm is an android compiler. The thing that translate code into binaries.

That device tree is hugh o_O

on the tree, it's only a little bigger than angel_666's. on llvm, i did not know that, a lot has been answered
i have to go back through my build log. how big should a dev-tree be on average? i absent mindedly
included my personal setup for boot.img and recovery.img and i think vmlinux is in there too. with using
prebuilt kernel being deprecated since cm9 i can pull those out right?

m

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
on the tree, it's only a little bigger than angel_666's. on llvm, i did not know that, a lot has been answered
i have to go back through my build log. how big should a dev-tree be on average? i absent mindedly
included my personal setup for boot.img and recovery.img and i think vmlinux is in there too. with using
prebuilt kernel being deprecated since cm9 i can pull those out right?

m

Hmm nothing wrong I think. Its large because off all the prebuilt files. Let m have a couple of more time to look into it. See what u can get out of the logs, also u can use logcat to see what is happening at the backup in recovery

Verstuurd van mijn XT890

M

moonbutt74

bootstrap error

the bootstrap classpath error if you get it is a java related warning/error.
i've read that like 90-something percent of the time it doesn't mean anything.
just the same, when i find out how to fix/address it, i will update this post specifically.

Restl3ss

Aug 3, 2013
Fort Mcmurray
i figured out what was causing my error posted earlier. (this is a little far behind, i know haha) I recently installed the OS X 10.10 yosemite beta and apparently in the upgrade my gcc installation got f**ked, basically half installed. reinstalling via macports. OS X is starting to piss me off a bit actually. debating removing it and just going full linux, currently distro hunting.

M

moonbutt74

hey hey

i figured out what was causing my error posted earlier. (this is a little far behind, i know haha) I recently installed the OS X 10.10 yosemite beta and apparently in the upgrade my gcc installation got f**ked, basically half installed. reinstalling via macports. OS X is starting to piss me off a bit actually. debating removing it and just going full linux, currently distro hunting.

Restl3ss,

hey good luck on the switch, i'm still running into issues but, largely i think i have down to sorting out
java and llvm which i didn't know was a compiler till hazou told me.
i get recovery to build through but the fstab is giving me a hassle. backup does actually write but, to data/media
instead of data/media/0 but restore doesnt read either so ... screaming running in circles and barfing/passing out :silly:
swapping java version to openjdk from oracle-sun and trying again.

m:good:

on distro- debian compile my kernel [gcc4.7] no prob, so it's issues with cm/aosp
being UNRELENTINGLY ANAL ABOUT JAVA.....[guys, there's no call for that, sell your own souls,
not ours.]
@Hazou update- okay so i build through wit no apps in system and missing .jars in framework. help please?

Last edited:
M

moonbutt74

No apk.s or framework.jars building

okay so this deserves a post,

i build through but when i check system.img /system/app is empty framework too, meaning none of the actual apps and framework files
needed to run android are present. this is a problem. i get the same with cm11 and aosp.
i am stumped and every search i make return with endless lists of asshat apk this and dumbass apk that.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... sigh......
for my sanity, for puppies and sunshine and gypsy jazz help me obiwan kenobi , you're my only hope.
i really need to sleep.

m:eek:

Hazou

Feb 5, 2012
Restl3ss,

hey good luck on the switch, i'm still running into issues but, largely i think i have down to sorting out
java and llvm which i didn't know was a compiler till hazou told me.
i get recovery to build through but the fstab is giving me a hassle. backup does actually write but, to data/media
instead of data/media/0 but restore doesnt read either so ... screaming running in circles and barfing/passing out :silly:
swapping java version to openjdk from oracle-sun and trying again.

m:good:

on distro- debian compile my kernel [gcc4.7] no prob, so it's issues with cm/aosp
being UNRELENTINGLY ANAL ABOUT JAVA.....[guys, there's no call for that, sell your own souls,
not ours.]
@Hazou update- okay so i build through wit no apps in system and missing .jars in framework. help please?

Hey,

What commands are u using when starting a build? And did u get some sort of errors somewhere?
Did the SKIA patch work?

I looked into your recovery problem and mounting problems of the rom and boot/recovery image.
I changed the following files so they should be compatible with 4.4.x from now on: init.santos10wifi.rc, fstab.santos10wifi and storage_list.xml
Make a backup and replace the init and fstab file in the inits folder. Same for the storage_list but then in the overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml folder. and try again :p

But keep in mind, this can screw up your storage in other roms. So make a full backup and if needed wipe everything including your internal storage and restore your nandroid.

For your compiling problems i need some more time. I think it has something to do with, that the build system asks for the wrong compiler. Fixed it in 10.1, but 11 should be a little bit different.

Attachments

• Santos10WifiSDCard.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Reactions: pug1
M

moonbutt74

hmm

Hey,

What commands are u using when starting a build? And did u get some sort of errors somewhere?
Did the SKIA patch work?

I looked into your recovery problem and mounting problems of the rom and boot/recovery image.
I changed the following files so they should be compatible with 4.4.x from now on: init.santos10wifi.rc, fstab.santos10wifi and storage_list.xml
Make a backup and replace the init and fstab file in the inits folder. Same for the storage_list but then in the overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/xml folder. and try again :p

But keep in mind, this can screw up your storage in other roms. So make a full backup and if needed wipe everything including your internal storage and restore your nandroid.

For your compiling problems i need some more time. I think it has something to do with, that the build system asks for the wrong compiler. Fixed it in 10.1, but 11 should be a little bit different.

hazou,

okay, neat, will try, on compiler meaning gcc,llvm and can those be swapped around like java? i have been to the homepage for llvm and had
thought about chaninging version.
on errors

for cm11= i continue to get the bootstrap classpath not set and find src no such file or directory = these are java errors the bootstrap error
referring to -1.5 sources. skia patch- ican't say if it does or doesn't work till i have a rom i can run, if by work meaning does it resolve/silence the error and permit the build to continue then yes.

on aosp= find src no such file or directory and aapt warnings about missing language resource , compiler complains less and i've been slowly adjusting my device tree which seems to be correcting the errors i haven't mentioned.

for cm11 & aosp I = [prompt]# cd /builddir/top && make clean && . build/envsetup.sh && lunch # && make -j10 or make recoveryimage -j10

in cm11 i've done ./get-prebuilts but not in aosp. I will post my aosp build log though i know we are focusing on cm11 i thought it
would be interesting to put the two against each other to see the differences.

thank you for reading , thanks for helping.

m

also get Xlint messages - java again right?
i'm using oracle-sun java cm11=1.7 aosp=1.6
@Hazou - on fstab and xml - extsd still doesn't grab. i tried different combinations using the mmcblk1 entries and either result in panic/reboot or bootloop or null effect. now i understand there is some quirky stuff that's been done to kitkat by google but, angel_666 built the rom with the extsd write fix already in place as far as i can tell, so i'm guessing vold. a question- hwcomposer works like hal?

Attachments

• aosp-buildlog-1.txt.zip
    130.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uploaded cm-12.1-20150421-UNOFFICIAL-p5210.zip (sources are updated on github as usual)

New in this version:
    - Audio! (basic for now, no bluetooth audio support)

Happy flashing ;)
    The vast majority of us seem to want CM11, myself included. So, If you're decently capable, let me know! I fully understand @Angel_666 's frustration, namely why he's waiting to see tw kitkat - being a lone dev probably sucks, and trying to make a 4.4 port based on 4.2.2 x86 things with incomplete sources is insanely difficult. Let's change that. Stop being a part of the "gimme gimme" crowd, come do something about it!

For to-be Developers:
    You're expected to have at least a basic understanding of Linux (command line). If you don't possess such an understanding, you're in way over your head, as even the advanced experience a kryptonite effect with the intel clovertrail platform. Basic understanding doesn't necessarily mean you need to know every single piece of a kernel. Just know your basic commands (such as cd, mkdir, etc). There are people, including myself, willing to teach you how to compile from source as long as you have this foundation. NOTE; If you only meet the VERY basic criteria, you will be required to do a cm11 build before being added to this list. Meaning, have someone walk you through it, or follow this guide for D2LTE. (you can replace d2lte with a device you have) If you get a feel for it, welcome to the team.
    the exception to this rule is if you have valuable experience which, though might not be android perse, is definitely wanted.

For Testers:
    If you want to be a tester, you're expected to be at least what's known as a "power user". Meaning, don't just say "bla bla bla is broken". Logs logs logs! Help debug!

For ALL:
    Know how to use Google. Actually try to find what you need before asking about it, otherwise we clog things up with unnecessary questions/answers.

Now that the guidelines are down, some words of encouragement!
    If we can just get our foot in the door, we can blow it wide open and pave the road for other roms (such as omni, aokp, beanstalk) which will be SIGNIFICANTLY easier to port with a solid foundation.

Comment if you're interested.

Members so far:

DEVELOPERS:

@Restl3ss
    @Nonta72
    @moonbutt74
    @CAG-man
    @rodbacon
    @Rubenyz
    @shadowsiul
    -free spot
    -free spot
    -free spot
    *note there is no limit to how many developers can join. Free spot is placed there mainly as a place holder*

Testers:

P5200:
    @christty31
    @bithunter_99
    -free spot
    -free spot

P5210:
    @mzheng086
    -free spot
    -free spot
    -free spot

P5220:
    @javee
    -free spot
    -free spot
    -free spot

*tester places are limited*
    TWRP 2.8.6.0

TWRP 2.8.6.0 for P5200 and P5210 is now available (all compiled from source :) but we need to add a kernel module by hand so it's not fully automatic for now).
    I checked the kernel and the most serious EMMC Bugs fixes are applied (Samsung eMMC secure erase bug and MAG2GA TRIM bug) so there should be no problem. However I'm not responsible of what can happen to your device...

I think all functionalities are here (including MTP, Mass storage, battery, CPU temp, brightness). For the fearless testers, the files are here. You will find .img to flash with heimdall, .tar to flash with odin and .zip to flash with cwm/twrp (choose the one you prefer).
    cm-12.1-20150503-UNOFFICIAL

New upload 20150503 : P5200 / P5210

Instructions available here
    Warning you need the latest TWRP version to flash: P5200 / P5210

What's new
    - Multiuser enabled (thanks @bbr999)
    - IR blaster fixed (thanks @KingUsman)
    - Long press on home set to recent apps by default
    - opensource sensors hal (still needs 2 binary blobs)
    - Some cleanup (and maybe more bugs...)

Can you tell me if it works correctly for you ? If everything is ok I'll create a thread in the developers section ;)
    I did notice that all others are quick to backport. Just small modifications are needed. But the hwcomposer, oh god... That will take ages to backport. I am hoping for some sources from motorola to speed that up.

Finally, i boot this devil! The new CM launcher is BEAUTIFUL!

screenshot.jpgscreenshot1.jpgscreenshot2.jpgscreenshot3.png