No registration required

[Q] Need Help - Soft Bricked Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4

OP temp4ling

22nd June 2014, 06:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
Hello,

I recently soft bricked my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 while trying to unlock the device to make it work with other US carriers (not sure if that would work). I modified the build.prop file following http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610 forum. I think I did not made the correct changes and after that phone keeps rebooting. Phone shows Samsung Galaxy S4 logo and wouldn't pass this. Prior to this I did not make any copy of the files so doing a restore from back up is not possible at this time. I don't care about the data being lost. I only care about getting the phone back up and working.

I canget to ODIN mode and recovery mode. I had previously flashed it with SPH-L720_MDC_Modem.tar.md5 and CF-Auto-Root-jfltespr-jfltespr-sphl720.tar.md5 using ODIN before the problem started.

I tried all possible way to get my phone working but still it keeps rebooting.

I tried:

1. wipe data/factory reset
2. wipe cache partition
3. tried to update from ADB - this i can get to list my device using (adb devices) but cannot get to push or pull /system/build.prop file to edit it. I get "error:closed" when I type in "adb usb" or "adb shell". I was able to log in as SU prior to this problem. I have the latest SDK installed.

I know for sure that I had checked the "USB Debugging" checkbox prior to this issue.

4. I tried flashing it with L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar.md5 but I get the error that Binary=1 in download mode. Not sure if Triangle away apk will be of any help here to reset the binary counter since I cannot get past the samsung logo at all.

In recovery mode, my system reads:

Android system recovery <3e>
KOT49H.L720VPUFNAE

In ODIN mode, my system reads:

Product Name: SPN-L720
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Custom
KNOX Kernel: 0x0
KNOX Warranty Void: 0x1
CSB-CONFIG-LSB: 0x30
WRITE PROTECTION: Enable
eMMC BURST MODE enabled

Can someone please help me to fix this issue? I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to temp4ling For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd June 2014, 10:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

99 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by temp4ling

Hello,

I recently soft bricked my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 while trying to unlock the device to make it work with other US carriers (not sure if that would work). I modified the build.prop file following http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610 forum. I think I did not made the correct changes and after that phone keeps rebooting. Phone shows Samsung Galaxy S4 logo and wouldn't pass this. Prior to this I did not make any copy of the files so doing a restore from back up is not possible at this time. I don't care about the data being lost. I only care about getting the phone back up and working.

I canget to ODIN mode and recovery mode. I had previously flashed it with SPH-L720_MDC_Modem.tar.md5 and CF-Auto-Root-jfltespr-jfltespr-sphl720.tar.md5 using ODIN before the problem started.

I tried:

2. wipe cache partition
3. tried to update from ADB - this i can get to list my device using (adb devices) but cannot get to push or pull /system/build.prop file to edit it. I get "error:closed" when I type in "adb usb" or "adb shell". I was able to log in as SU prior to this problem. I have the latest SDK installed.

I know for sure that I had checked the "USB Debugging" checkbox prior to this issue.

4. I tried flashing it with L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar.md5 but I get the error that Binary=1 in download mode. Not sure if Triangle away apk will be of any help here to reset the binary counter since I cannot get past the samsung logo at all.

KOT49H.L720VPUFNAE

eMMC BURST MODE enabled

Can someone please help me to fix this issue? I can provide more information if needed.

Thanks so much.

Friend

I am no expert on Android..... But I guess when I had a software brick I booted into recovery and flashed a custom rom..... U can install the zip file in ur SD card and then flash it with recovery?????

Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)
14th July 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Need Help toooooo!
Did you ever find a way to fix the challenge ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp4ling

Hello,

I tried:

2. wipe cache partition

KOT49H.L720VPUFNAE

eMMC BURST MODE enabled

Thanks so much.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread