[ROM][4.4.x][HISTORY][EDISON] MoKee OpenSource Project

Search This thread

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
Anyone have a spare led for an atrix 2? I can't afford a new phone and I love my atrix but the black lines are getting so bad I'm about to have to pitch it and be phoneless :(

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Free mobile app

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
The problem is not your led .
Refer to this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2418274 . This might help :3

Thanks..I will definitely try this. :)
Update:this didn't work at all for me..it looked slightly better for about 5 minutes then the black lines rapidly ran all over the screen.thanks for trying though..I may try my deep freezer over night and see if I get lucky..

Last edited:

lparihar9

Jul 19, 2013
Mumbai
give it a hibernation...

Thanks..I will definitely try this. :)
Update:this didn't work at all for me..it looked slightly better for about 5 minutes then the black lines rapidly ran all over the screen.thanks for trying though..I may try my deep freezer over night and see if I get lucky..

I had the same issue...
and the same freeze technique solved it although I had to keep it freeze for about 18-20 hours !!

Make sure you have battery removed and properly moisture-proofed your Attrix-2 (I used to keep the atrix in an air-tight polybag with say half a hand full of rice in it :D, rice is a good moisture absorbent ;) homely substitute for siliconbags :D :D)

Reactions: nexusbandit

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
I had the same issue...
and the same freeze technique solved it although I had to keep it freeze for about 18-20 hours !!

Make sure you have battery removed and properly moisture-proofed your Attrix-2 (I used to keep the atrix in an air-tight polybag with say half a hand full of rice in it :D, rice is a good moisture absorbent ;) homely substitute for siliconbags :D :D)

Never thought about the rice trick..I'm going to drop it in the freezer shortly and let it set about 20 hours and see what happens..I may let it set in there all weekend :)

nexusbandit

Oct 9, 2013
I just wanted to say the freezer trick cleared my led problems.there isn't a mark on my screen.. I wish to thank everyone for the great advice on this and thank the developers for a nice ported ROM for my old atrix..its better then a new one now! :)

Reactions: noranora

lparihar9

Jul 19, 2013
Mumbai
am i the only one getting battery drain ..

love this rom let alone the issue of call waiting muting current call, but the battery backup is my main concern.
:confused:

Yeah the battery drain and in call sound/ waiting etc are known issues. I'm facing same problems....
Hope this gets fixed with new updates.....

Sent from my ME865 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

Always a trouble downloading this.....
Can someone plz put the latest release 0625 on Google drive and share ?
Or else help me how to get this without issues...
I'm trying to download it on my Atrix and not desktop...

Sent from my ME865 using XDA Free mobile app

shardul.phatak

Jan 19, 2012
bangalore
why dont the OTA update zip get flashed everytime !!
or is there any other way to install it if it is not on system 1 ?
please forgive if this is repeated ques. (cant read all those pages)

Edit: problem got solved !

im getting strange wakelock about display (taken through BBS) and when i'm on WiFi battery drains quickly !!

Feature request 1) notification vibration (global instead of per app)
2) Ad blocker would be great !

Last edited:

Rishav Sharan

Jul 2, 2014
I am also having battery drain issue though it is still manageable for me. I can last 8-10 hours now if i switch off wifi.

I know guides and tutorials are rarely high priority for ROM developers but heres my requests:
1. Detailed Installation guide on the main site
2. Detailed OTA upgrade guide on the main site
3. Ability to see the changelog for the OTA release in the MoKee Centre itself

A bug that i have been having is that android.phone keeps crashing. Everyday i have 4-5 crashes.
After each crash, my mobile connection disappears for 20 seconds and then comes back. Its quite an annoyance.
I am on the 1st July release build.

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
I am also having battery drain issue though it is still manageable for me. I can last 8-10 hours now if i switch off wifi.

I know guides and tutorials are rarely high priority for ROM developers but heres my requests:
1. Detailed Installation guide on the main site
2. Detailed OTA upgrade guide on the main site
3. Ability to see the changelog for the OTA release in the MoKee Centre itself

A bug that i have been having is that android.phone keeps crashing. Everyday i have 4-5 crashes.
After each crash, my mobile connection disappears for 20 seconds and then comes back. Its quite an annoyance.
I am on the 1st July release build.
Guides? All you need is in the first post...changelog in MoKee Center? Tap on the update

V4LqWKO.jpg

guruggk1988

Jan 14, 2013
NELLORE
@Ryuinferno battery life is awesome man , i had previous bad experiance but now , i am very much happy to see such an awesome battery life. i'll remember this ROM forever as this the first custom ROM i installed on my phone

guruggk1988

Jan 14, 2013
NELLORE
How much battery life you are getting and whats you typical usage pattern?
sorry dude now i cant send u screen shot. but battery life is around 25hrs with
2 1/2 hr screen on and using wifi for around 1hr , music playback of 1/2 hr and using internet on 2g for 30min as i remember .... i dont know whether they had included in previous builts or not , i had noticed a super power saving feature which automatically reduces the cpu scaling , data usage and something else .... once u turn off the screen

sorry dude now i cant send u screen shot. but battery life is around 25hrs with
2 1/2 hr screen on and using wifi for around 1hr , music playback of 1/2 hr and using internet on 2g for 30min as i remember .... i dont know whether they had included in previous builts or not , i had noticed a super power saving feature which automatically reduces the cpu scaling , data usage and something else .... once u turn off the screen

are the above stats on mokee based on CMStock kernel or JBX ??

@Ryuinferno battery life is awesome man , i had previous bad experiance but now , i am very much happy to see such an awesome battery life. i'll remember this ROM forever as this the first custom ROM i installed on my phone

Still no luck with battery life, ( on stock kernel-system 1 ) from 11 pm to 7am drained 83% with wifi on n screen off.

Jack Sparrow xda

Jun 22, 2014
Motorola Atrix 2
Moto X 2014
Still no luck with battery life, ( on stock kernel-system 1 ) from 11 pm to 7am drained 83% with wifi on n screen off.
I have tried most of the ROMs and found that if we keep WiFi on all the time, the battery drains like anything, even if there is no background activity. If I keep the 3G on then also the battery keeps draining very fast. It wasn't the case with stock ROM. If background data activities like Sync etc are off then battery didn't used to drain like that quicker.

Looks like there is lack of some optimization for the internet related implements in the custom ROM.

shennwuu

Mar 20, 2013
Boot Loop

I had follow the video on how to flash the Mokee into my phone by using CWM. By the way I am using the previous version but I think it should be ok. I installed the Mokee and gapps but the phone stuck on boot loop. Installed from Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ,never update kernel . Please help me TT

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

You might keep it in fridge and take out your phone after five hours . It fixed mine. Take out the battery before put your phone in. When you take out from fridge ,let it dry under the fan for 30 minutes. Plug the battery in and turn it on. :)

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I had follow the video on how to flash the Mokee into my phone by using CWM. By the way I am using the previous version but I think it should be ok. I installed the Mokee and gapps but the phone stuck on boot loop. Installed from Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ,never update kernel . Please help me TT

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

You might keep it in fridge and take out your phone after five hours . It fixed mine. Take out the battery before put your phone in. When you take out from fridge ,let it dry under the fan for 30 minutes. Plug the battery in and turn it on. :)

Anyone have a spare led for an atrix 2? I can't afford a new phone and I love my atrix but the black lines are getting so bad I'm about to have to pitch it and be phoneless :(

You might keep it in fridge and take out your phone after five hours . It fixed mine. Take out the battery before put your phone in. When you take out from fridge ,let it dry under the fan for 30 minutes. Plug the battery in and turn it on.

[/COLOR]You might keep it in fridge and take out your phone after five hours . It fixed mine. Take out the battery before put your phone in. When you take out from fridge ,let it dry under the fan for 30 minutes. Plug the battery in and turn it on. :)

You might keep it in fridge and take out your phone after five hours . It fixed mine. Take out the battery before put your phone in. When you take out from fridge ,let it dry under the fan for 30 minutes. Plug the battery in and turn it on.

In my case I got bundle of black lines making it thicker black mark and keeping it in fridge for straight 2 days didn't worked for me.

still i didn't loose hope. i kept my cell in fridger for 4 days putting it on ice from the screen side (keeping phone in airtight polythene with some rice ). After 4 days i take out the mobile,(crossed my finger) drying it in airtight box with some rice in it.

after half hr.. boooom.... .... No more marks .. :)

All the best..!!!

shennwuu

Mar 20, 2013
Anyone experiencing the phone had installed all files in external SD instead of internal storage?

Top Liked Posts