Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Bump! Workaround for the LG G3 Locked Bootloader – XDA TV

The LG G3 is a power house device. It’s been a favorite of many people. … more

Enable Call Recording on Xperia Z2 and Z3

Call recording, while not legal in every part of the world, is quite handy in certain situations. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Accidentally flashed wrong SBF

OP iso2k

25th June 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hello, I'm struggling around with a problem for 3 Days now and just cant get it to work.

I accidentally flashed Android 2.3.6 Blur_Version.5.8.25.XT861.ACG.en.US from sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=15 on my XT862. It boots up okay, but I cant get ROM Manager or Safestrap to work.

So i want to go back to 2.3.4. I tried 5.5.959, 5.6.890 and 5.7.906 from URL mentioned above with RSD Lite, but i get "6/21 flash cdt.bin -> Phone returned FAIL" error.

I also tried using "1-CLICK DROID 3 SBF BY OVELAYER" but i get error "Preflash validation failure" when writing boot and recovery. (Everything else gets "OKAY".) After that the Phone boots 2.3.4, but I'm not able to install Recovery via ROM Manager or even Safestrap.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Or is it not revertible and do i have to live with Stock 2.3.6?
26th June 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota
Thanks Meter: 1,863

4,595 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iso2k

Hello, I'm struggling around with a problem for 3 Days now and just cant get it to work.

I accidentally flashed Android 2.3.6 Blur_Version.5.8.25.XT861.ACG.en.US from sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=15 on my XT862. It boots up okay, but I cant get ROM Manager or Safestrap to work.

So i want to go back to 2.3.4. I tried 5.5.959, 5.6.890 and 5.7.906 from URL mentioned above with RSD Lite, but i get "6/21 flash cdt.bin -> Phone returned FAIL" error.

I also tried using "1-CLICK DROID 3 SBF BY OVELAYER" but i get error "Preflash validation failure" when writing boot and recovery. (Everything else gets "OKAY".) After that the Phone boots 2.3.4, but I'm not able to install Recovery via ROM Manager or even Safestrap.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Or is it not revertible and do i have to live with Stock 2.3.6?

try flashing 906 with fastboot.exe
see my Unbrick Moto device with moto-fastboot.exe
26th June 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Gives me "Preflash validation failure" too.

Code:
E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe devices
0910E0550801501A        fastboot

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
      sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY [  0.525s]
                writing 'boot'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
  sending 'recovery' (9216 KB)... OKAY [  0.588s]
            writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash preinstall preinstall.img
sending 'preinstall' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 16.434s]
          writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 15.184s]
sending 'preinstall' (229376 KB)... OKAY [ 14.373s]
          writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 11.762s]

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
  sending 'system' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 16.426s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [ 15.193s]
  sending 'system' (175872 KB)... OKAY [ 11.021s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [  9.058s]

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe -w
            erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [  0.013s]
               erasing 'cache'... OKAY [  3.935s]

E:\droid>
27th June 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota

4,595 posts
Donate to Me
More
read [Q] black screen on the xt883 rom - droid 3 (xt862)
maybe something there will help
you can root current version? verified with root checker? what safestrap versions have you tried?
have you tried Droid 3 bootstrap?
14th July 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 11

109 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow

read [Q] black screen on the xt883 rom - droid 3 (xt862)
maybe something there will help
you can root current version? verified with root checker? what safestrap versions have you tried?
have you tried Droid 3 bootstrap?

I may have a similar issue. In my 2+ years of using my Droid 3, I have messed up the stock ROM partition to an unbootable state. (Of course I have working Safestrap.) I can use custom ROM slots very well - I have Avatar running in slot 1 and minimoto in slot 3 and can switch between them at will.

I now want to clean up this phone. Safestrap (I guess by design) doesn't let me flash anything to the stock ROM slot. Somewhere along the way, my Droid 3 seems to be happy with fewer computers for adb access. I have one computer where adb is happy with this phone. Even on that computer, I can't get RDSlite 5.5 to work - it does not show the device when it is in fastboot mode. I would try the fastboot.exe method tonight.
14th July 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag South Dakota

4,595 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelguy

I may have a similar issue. In my 2+ years of using my Droid 3, I have messed up the stock ROM partition to an unbootable state. (Of course I have working Safestrap.) I can use custom ROM slots very well - I have Avatar running in slot 1 and minimoto in slot 3 and can switch between them at will.

I now want to clean up this phone. Safestrap (I guess by design) doesn't let me flash anything to the stock ROM slot.

You can restore a nandroid to stock rom, try mine Stock Nandroids

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelguy

Somewhere along the way, my Droid 3 seems to be happy with fewer computers for adb access. I have one computer where adb is happy with this phone. Even on that computer, I can't get RDSlite 5.5 to work - it does not show the device when it is in fastboot mode. I would try the fastboot.exe method tonight.

Likely it's window that does not like your Droid 3 see my Installing Drivers and Driver errors
and Flash xml recovery files (Stock Rom) with RSD Lite

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

several other flashing methods in my list under Stock Rom but I would try the nandroid first
Last edited by sd_shadow; 14th July 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread