Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,021 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidentally flashed wrong SBF

Tip us?

iso2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Accidentally flashed wrong SBF

Hello, I'm struggling around with a problem for 3 Days now and just cant get it to work.

I accidentally flashed Android 2.3.6 Blur_Version.5.8.25.XT861.ACG.en.US from sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=15 on my XT862. It boots up okay, but I cant get ROM Manager or Safestrap to work.

So i want to go back to 2.3.4. I tried 5.5.959, 5.6.890 and 5.7.906 from URL mentioned above with RSD Lite, but i get "6/21 flash cdt.bin -> Phone returned FAIL" error.

I also tried using "1-CLICK DROID 3 SBF BY OVELAYER" but i get error "Preflash validation failure" when writing boot and recovery. (Everything else gets "OKAY".) After that the Phone boots 2.3.4, but I'm not able to install Recovery via ROM Manager or even Safestrap.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Or is it not revertible and do i have to live with Stock 2.3.6?

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,438

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iso2k View Post
Hello, I'm struggling around with a problem for 3 Days now and just cant get it to work.

I accidentally flashed Android 2.3.6 Blur_Version.5.8.25.XT861.ACG.en.US from sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=15 on my XT862. It boots up okay, but I cant get ROM Manager or Safestrap to work.

So i want to go back to 2.3.4. I tried 5.5.959, 5.6.890 and 5.7.906 from URL mentioned above with RSD Lite, but i get "6/21 flash cdt.bin -> Phone returned FAIL" error.

I also tried using "1-CLICK DROID 3 SBF BY OVELAYER" but i get error "Preflash validation failure" when writing boot and recovery. (Everything else gets "OKAY".) After that the Phone boots 2.3.4, but I'm not able to install Recovery via ROM Manager or even Safestrap.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Or is it not revertible and do i have to live with Stock 2.3.6?
try flashing 906 with fastboot.exe
see my Unbrick Moto device with moto-fastboot.exe
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

iso2k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Gives me "Preflash validation failure" too.

Code:
E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe devices
0910E0550801501A        fastboot

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash boot boot.img
      sending 'boot' (8192 KB)... OKAY [  0.525s]
                writing 'boot'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img
  sending 'recovery' (9216 KB)... OKAY [  0.588s]
            writing 'recovery'... INFOPreflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash preinstall preinstall.img
sending 'preinstall' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 16.434s]
          writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 15.184s]
sending 'preinstall' (229376 KB)... OKAY [ 14.373s]
          writing 'preinstall'... OKAY [ 11.762s]

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe flash system system.img
  sending 'system' (262144 KB)... OKAY [ 16.426s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [ 15.193s]
  sending 'system' (175872 KB)... OKAY [ 11.021s]
              writing 'system'... OKAY [  9.058s]

E:\droid>moto-fastboot.exe -w
            erasing 'userdata'... OKAY [  0.013s]
               erasing 'cache'... OKAY [  3.935s]

E:\droid>

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,438

DONATE TO ME
read [Q] black screen on the xt883 rom - droid 3 (xt862)
maybe something there will help
you can root current version? verified with root checker? what safestrap versions have you tried?
have you tried Droid 3 bootstrap?
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.

kernelguy
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
read [Q] black screen on the xt883 rom - droid 3 (xt862)
maybe something there will help
you can root current version? verified with root checker? what safestrap versions have you tried?
have you tried Droid 3 bootstrap?
I may have a similar issue. In my 2+ years of using my Droid 3, I have messed up the stock ROM partition to an unbootable state. (Of course I have working Safestrap.) I can use custom ROM slots very well - I have Avatar running in slot 1 and minimoto in slot 3 and can switch between them at will.

I now want to clean up this phone. Safestrap (I guess by design) doesn't let me flash anything to the stock ROM slot. Somewhere along the way, my Droid 3 seems to be happy with fewer computers for adb access. I have one computer where adb is happy with this phone. Even on that computer, I can't get RDSlite 5.5 to work - it does not show the device when it is in fastboot mode. I would try the fastboot.exe method tonight.
Droid 4 | DoCoMo GSM | Stock JB
Droid 3 | DoCoMo GSM | CM 9.x
Droid2 Global (stolen)
AT&T Tilt (Kaiser) CM6.x (broken screen)

sd_shadow
Old
(Last edited by sd_shadow; 14th July 2014 at 05:27 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,438

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelguy View Post
I may have a similar issue. In my 2+ years of using my Droid 3, I have messed up the stock ROM partition to an unbootable state. (Of course I have working Safestrap.) I can use custom ROM slots very well - I have Avatar running in slot 1 and minimoto in slot 3 and can switch between them at will.

I now want to clean up this phone. Safestrap (I guess by design) doesn't let me flash anything to the stock ROM slot.
You can restore a nandroid to stock rom, try mine Stock Nandroids

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernelguy View Post
Somewhere along the way, my Droid 3 seems to be happy with fewer computers for adb access. I have one computer where adb is happy with this phone. Even on that computer, I can't get RDSlite 5.5 to work - it does not show the device when it is in fastboot mode. I would try the fastboot.exe method tonight.
Likely it's window that does not like your Droid 3 see my Installing Drivers and Driver errors
and Flash xml recovery files (Stock Rom) with RSD Lite

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

several other flashing methods in my list under Stock Rom but I would try the nandroid first