Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,714 Members 41,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][VS980][4.2.2][1/11] A T-Mobile stock ROM on Verizon G2 | Wi-Fi calling | LTE |

Tip us?

juanzr1
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Will the flex patch work with a 4.4 stock Rom

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

abdel12345
Old
Thanks Meter 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanzr1 View Post
Will the flex patch work with a 4.4 stock Rom

Probably not

Devices: Nexus 10 and Verizon LG G2

ddarvish
Old
(Last edited by ddarvish; 22nd April 2014 at 03:45 PM.) Reason: update
Thanks Meter 29
with android 4.4 now out with update 24a id be happpy to pitch in some $$ if we can get someone to figure out how to get 4.4 to work..

a questions for the rest of you. can you guys please be specific about what combination of things enables you to use the phone on tmob?

namely

are you using a Verizon or Tmobile: Rom, Modem, Recovery, Kernel? I want to experiment but dont want to hose my phone and want to know specifically what part is the key in getting this to work on tmob
The Following User Says Thank You to ddarvish For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wizardofwoz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarvish View Post
with android 4.4 now out with update 24a id be happpy to pitch in some $$ if we can get someone to figure out how to get 4.4 to work..

a questions for the rest of you. can you guys please be specific about what combination of things enables you to use the phone on tmob?

namely

are you using a Verizon or Tmobile: Rom, Modem, Recovery, Kernel? I want to experiment but dont want to hose my phone and want to know specifically what part is the key in getting this to work on tmob
You will want to use VS980 modem/baseband, recovery and kernel. The only portion that will be T-mobile is the rom itself.
I am currently running the Cloudyflex 2.0 rom. I selected T-mobile in the Aroma installer and after flashing but before rebooting I flashed a VS980 kernel (Fluance LG).
The only things not working for me are odd screen rotation (I just turned off automatic rotation and it doesn't effect me anymore) and the GPS is off. I've thought about trying to fix it myself using the corresponding files from the VS980 in the aroma installer but it sounds like the updated flash-able is almost here.

tholmes8291
Old
Thanks Meter 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardofwoz View Post
You will want to use VS980 modem/baseband, recovery and kernel. The only portion that will be T-mobile is the rom itself.
I am currently running the Cloudyflex 2.0 rom. I selected T-mobile in the Aroma installer and after flashing but before rebooting I flashed a VS980 kernel (Fluance LG).
The only things not working for me are odd screen rotation (I just turned off automatic rotation and it doesn't effect me anymore) and the GPS is off. I've thought about trying to fix it myself using the corresponding files from the VS980 in the aroma installer but it sounds like the updated flash-able is almost here.
Just curious. Why do you use the T-Mobile variant?

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VS980
Stock
4.2.2 12b
TWRP

wizardofwoz
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tholmes8291 View Post
Just curious. Why do you use the T-Mobile variant?
I tried the VS980 variant first and while it worked I was having an issue with the APNS and couldn't get both LTE and sms/mms to work (even after setting the APNS up properly and using a 3rd party SMS app)
I've used AOSP VS980 variants in the past (on 12B) and it configured correctly for T-mobile properly for me automatically.
The Following User Says Thank You to wizardofwoz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrandMasterB
Old
(Last edited by GrandMasterB; 12th July 2014 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 396
Trying to get this going on my daughters Verizon LG G2. Rom in the OP won't download/flash as reported so I have downloaded other various T-Mobile ROM's posted throughout this thread and they flash fine but the Flex patch fails updating binary everytime.

Does anybody have any current advice? Also its not on 12B or even 11A....its on 24A. Maybe thats the problem. Can anybody help?

EDIT And we actually don't even live in an LTE area anyways so the only thing I really need is calls, text and slow ass data to work. LTE is still down the road aways.

xuanphucn
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by yirsung View Post
Need to Know:

420$ with almost new condition, still have warranty on it & we can get replacement.
I just got replacement, because my headphone jack wasn't working.
* GSM support work out of box
* Wireless charging support out of box
* So why not!
how did u get warranty replacement without having verizon account? I talked to verizon but I have to have an account with them to be able to do warranty replacement

yirsung
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuanphucn View Post
how did u get warranty replacement without having verizon account? I talked to verizon but I have to have an account with them to be able to do warranty replacement
call LG, that what I did.

GrandMasterB
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuanphucn View Post
I was with Verizon for 13 years and last time I had a warranty problem on my 2 month old Galaxy Note 2 Verizon just connected my call with Samsung and re-explained everything to them and they took care of it.