Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Tip us?

Captain_Throwback
Old
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9,291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
ahh...ok...hopefully you can track that down...good luck! Fix that and I'm not sure there is much else to tinker with!
Here's something weird. I re-cooked my Sense 2.5 Fuze ROM and flashed it, and now Long Press End Key works again. But I haven't changed anything. This doesn't make any sense.
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53135
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460

peeps
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
Sounds like you need to attend a ROM Flashers Anonymous meeting . . .
well...if SBSH had kept up with the times, I would never flash as much as I have recently. Now, without a bunch of their apps and phonealarm and loading skins and config files for each of those after a flash/hard reset, etc, flashing is about an hour process for me to get my phone setup since I am using Sense to cover alot of the functions I relied on 3rd party apps for. Also, Sense 2.5 has really stepped up the PIM usability in the absence of a fully functional PocketBreeze for WM6.5 in the days of touch use and eyecandy.

My flashing may slow down if Amit finally keeps his word and releases a game changer...word is that a revamped PocketBreeze release is looming that is fully wm6.5 compatible. If it is a keeper, I may not have to seek out the latest and greatest to get the most out of my phone.
Nokia Lumia 920 - Cyan
Carrier: AT&T

peeps
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Here's something weird. I re-cooked my Sense 2.5 Fuze ROM and flashed it, and now Long Press End Key works again. But I haven't changed anything. This doesn't make any sense.
maybe a conflict with an app? Did you retry a fresh install of the 1/15 ROM?
Nokia Lumia 920 - Cyan

Captain_Throwback
Old
Thanks Meter 9,291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by peeps View Post
maybe a conflict with an app? Did you retry a fresh install of the 1/15 ROM?
That's a good idea. I'll do that after I check the Manila Locker issue.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like Manila Locker is not affecting my push e-mail. Here's what I did:

- In Sounds & Notifications, I set "New e-mail Message" to "Vibrate".
- In Power settings, I set the backlight to turn off after 10 seconds, and power to turn off after 40 seconds.
- I disconnected from data (using Long Press End Key).
- Then I locked the device with Manila locker, and visually verified it was locked.
- Finally, I pressed the power button to put the phone into standby.

I was planning on sending myself a test message after about 8 minutes, but someone e-mailed me 3-4 minutes after i put the phone down, and it immediately began to vibrate. In fact, I just put it down again, after letting it dim and then turn off about 2-3 mnutes ago, and I just got another e-mail on my device right as it popped up on my PC. So it seems that the Locker isn't preventing push (Exchange) e-mail on my device.

EDIT 2 (Long Press End Key update): Ok, so I flashed the 1/15 Sense 2.5 23518 Fuze edition, and Long Press End Key works fine. Apparently, it just needed a few re-flashes to get working again. Weird. I guess that means I have nothing more to fix . I guess i'll just sit around and wait for a new build.

peeps
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
That's a good idea. I'll do that after I check the Manila Locker issue.

EDIT: Ok, so it looks like Manila Locker is not affecting my push e-mail. Here's what I did:

- In Sounds & Notifications, I set "New e-mail Message" to "Vibrate".
- In Power settings, I set the backlight to turn off after 10 seconds, and power to turn off after 40 seconds.
- I disconnected from data (using Long Press End Key).
- Then I locked the device with Manila locker, and visually verified it was locked.
- Finally, I pressed the power button to put the phone into standby.

I was planning on sending myself a test message after about 8 minutes, but someone e-mailed me 3-4 minutes after i put the phone down, and it immediately began to vibrate. In fact, I just put it down again, after letting it dim and then turn off about 2-3 mnutes ago, and I just got another e-mail on my device right as it popped up on my PC. So it seems that the Locker isn't preventing push (Exchange) e-mail on my device.

EDIT 2 (Long Press End Key update): Ok, so I flashed the 1/15 Sense 2.5 23518 Fuze edition, and Long Press End Key works fine. Apparently, it just needed a few re-flashes to get working again. Weird. I guess that means I have nothing more to fix . I guess i'll just sit around and wait for a new build.
good news...I'll reflash sometime in the next couple days and see if it fixes these issues for me. Thanks!!!
Nokia Lumia 920 - Cyan

Dalek_Caan
Old
Thanks Meter 1,176
Quote:
I guess that means I have nothing more to fix . I guess i'll just sit around and wait for a new build.
Well give me a little while I will see if I can break something for you
Forum Etiquette the lost art
First Read, Then search, Then post.

Current Device --Samsung NOTE 3
Network : Sprint

Nickyschelfaut
Old
(Last edited by Nickyschelfaut; 20th January 2010 at 10:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
hee cap, i use your rom again. and after reflashing it's a whole bit stable:eek:. i only have some question.

some of the other roms i tried have a nice feauture, when you press the left phone button for a while you get a screen (it's a little bit amateur) in wich you can put vibrate on, or let the flash work as a flashlight. I think you don't wan't to cook it in your rom. but do you know the name. Than i am able to install it on my phone!

and: i never use data connection because it's very expensive in the Netherlands (10 euro per month, and i am 16 so i am not doing it) Zo i need to pay 1 euro for every mb. but sometimes an app is making data connection. i now have settet up a fake connection under connections

and let the phone chose it as default connection. ( myconnection diale number 000), so it is fake but sometime the phone makes a connection though? is there a simple way to block data connection

Captain_Throwback
Old
(Last edited by Captain_Throwback; 20th January 2010 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 9,291

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyschelfaut View Post
hee cap, i use your rom again. and after reflashing it's a whole bit stable:eek:. i only have some question.

some of the other roms i tried have a nice feauture, when you press the left phone button for a while you get a screen (it's a little bit amateur) in wich you can put vibrate on, or let the flash work as a flashlight. I think you don't wan't to cook it in your rom. but do you know the name. Than i am able to install it on my phone!
No idea on this one. Maybe someone else can help? What other ROMs have it? Can you find a screenshot? That might help me figure out what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickyschelfaut View Post
and: i never use data connection because it's very expensive in the Netherlands (10 euro per month, and i am 16 so i am not doing it) Zo i need to pay 1 euro for every mb. but sometimes an app is making data connection. i now have settet up a fake connection under connections

and let the phone chose it as default connection. ( myconnection diale number 000), so it is fake but sometime the phone makes a connection though? is there a simple way to block data connection
Try this: MoDaCo NoData

EDIT: And i broke Long Press End again. The only difference is that I'm cooking my personal ROM, where I include several registry settings so I don't have to input them manually. Apparently one of those tweaks is breaking Long Press End. I'll have to remove them one at a time to figure out what's doing it.

hedcayce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Fix for phone keypad

for some reason it won't let me upload an attachment, but I uninstalled the ezinput in the remove programs list and installed this.

BJK_HTC_EzInput_VGA_FullKbd_0409-RC2

If you copy/paste it in to google it comes up with a couple downloads for it. This let both keyboards work fine.
I'd hate me too.....

Dalek_Caan
Old
Thanks Meter 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedcayce View Post
for some reason it won't let me upload an attachment, but I uninstalled the ezinput in the remove programs list and installed this.

BJK_HTC_EzInput_VGA_FullKbd_0409-RC2

If you copy/paste it in to google it comes up with a couple downloads for it. This let both keyboards work fine.
Ok got it thanks .. I had misunderstood at firat I though you had a cab that made the one cooked in work LOL . Thanks for the info I will try it
Forum Etiquette the lost art
First Read, Then search, Then post.

Current Device --Samsung NOTE 3
Network : Sprint

Tags
6.5, cab man, fuze, htc touch pro, sense 2.1, sense 2.5, t-back, vga port, windows mobile 6.5