Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,883 Members 41,166 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Philips Mobile] Owners Talk, Write here your experiences....

Tip us?

Wolfox79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [Philips Mobile] Owners Talk, Write here your experiences....

[First of all I write immediately that I searched and didn't find Post on Philips Smartphones. If there are please Link, thanks]

Hi All,
Hi have a Philips W8555, bought it for curiosity because it was having excellent spec. at a low price and I never saw them in Europe
I found out that nearly stock Android [4.2.2 that I won't even wait for updates] is really boring, but seeing more than 1.3gb of Ram free puts a smile in my face.
The pro is:
-Design, I like it.
-battery life, 3300mAh are enough for a day, with my hard use I reach 50% in the evening then I'm happy.
-Dual normal sim, having sim1 with Local number plus sim2 only Data(with the same price of Data/call contracts, with only data you have 3x more data), so I can use my phone has a Hotspot(Working on site is usefull).
-Nice screen, visible also outside in day light.
-SD card Possibility
-Clean android(For me looks stock even if I never had a Nexus in my life)
And much more.

The Cons is:
-At Start up it was having Russian, but if you know the android menu by memory you can find where to change the language. Selected English, I'm Italian.
-Contacts are all there, but side bar, for fast research is with Russian Letters.
-Camera App. is Bad ,had to download one from the Play store to make decent photos, but with 13mpx they are still far from the quality of a S3 8mpx photo. But for decent photos I have a Camera.
-For sure no Updates..........I have this feeling
-Low Vibration and Ringtones
-Power saving switch that can accidentally switch in the pocket.Found a drastic solution.
-And Last the Glitchy Wakeup when unlocking the phone*

*When you are in the unlock screen it start going in tilt, pressing,swapping, going in the emergency call and dialing numbers. If you unlock it dose the same clicking around and it might change some settings.
But after 10-20 seconds it stops, like it was a kind of "touch calibration" and it happens randomly.

If it was not for the Glitchy Wakeup it would be a perfect Phone!

Now I'm also Attracted by the W6610, but I will wait a bit.

S1R1N
Old
(Last edited by S1R1N; 14th July 2014 at 10:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I will try to share my experience with w6610 (my English isn't perfect, i'm Ukrainian).
My previous phone was HTC One X.. the one with extra low battery life and quite good performance.
Well, this w6610 is 1:1 by performance to «HOX», but with awesome battery life.
I'm using pebble watch so i have 24h Bluetooth switched on, alongside with WiFi and GPRS.
With all that 3 day battery life. This phone has solid design, very nice screen (can't see a difference with bigger resolutions). Really glad to be an owner %)

cant wait to flash a custom ROM x)