Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lenovo Officially Owns Motorola, Following ~$3 Billion Deal

Google is now officially no longer the owner of American phone manufacturer … more

Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker Announced, Available

The wearable market has been around for a few years, with Pebble and Samsung smartwatches … more

Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

3500 mAh battery from Akku King

OP michelino159

13th July 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 516

1,777 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTARUNRAJ

I am also searching for a normal profile, high capacity battery for Note 3. . Till now no success.. The search goes on. . .

Not going to happen, at least not before the note3 is so outdated you won't care. Samsung uses quality cells, no third party will be able to get more real capacity into the same size without a major advance in battery technology. And if that happens, it will be all over the site, you won't have to look for it. Anyone claiming more capacity in the same size is lying, period. If a manufacturer wants to challenge me on that, send me a battery and I'll test it. I have tested a bunch of them, and they all lie. Note that I'll be disassembling it, and testing it with real test gear. The sticker means nothing.
You can go thicker, zerolemon is probably the best choice for the money there. Extra battery, there are a few good third party ones out there. Or external. Or do wireless charging and set the phone on it often.

Personally, I like the extra weight and thickness of the zerolemon. The stock phone is too damn thin and slippery, and has less than half the battery life I want.

As for exploding batteries... Extremely rare. And the phone is partly at fault for improperly monitoring the charge. I've used el-cheapos from China and real OEM cells, and everything in between. Never a problem. I would recommend either OEM or a known good third party though. Just because they don't lie about capacity. I've even seen cells that are much smaller than claimed shimmed with plastic to make them the same size as stock. Ridiculous.
15th July 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttabbal

Not going to happen, at least not before the note3 is so outdated you won't care. Samsung uses quality cells, no third party will be able to get more real capacity into the same size without a major advance in battery technology. And if that happens, it will be all over the site, you won't have to look for it. Anyone claiming more capacity in the same size is lying, period. If a manufacturer wants to challenge me on that, send me a battery and I'll test it. I have tested a bunch of them, and they all lie. Note that I'll be disassembling it, and testing it with real test gear. The sticker means nothing.
You can go thicker, zerolemon is probably the best choice for the money there. Extra battery, there are a few good third party ones out there. Or external. Or do wireless charging and set the phone on it often.

Personally, I like the extra weight and thickness of the zerolemon. The stock phone is too damn thin and slippery, and has less than half the battery life I want.

As for exploding batteries... Extremely rare. And the phone is partly at fault for improperly monitoring the charge. I've used el-cheapos from China and real OEM cells, and everything in between. Never a problem. I would recommend either OEM or a known good third party though. Just because they don't lie about capacity. I've even seen cells that are much smaller than claimed shimmed with plastic to make them the same size as stock. Ridiculous.

+1
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread