Ask a question

No registration required

Error 402 when taking OTA to 4.4.2

OP computerlife22

25th May 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hello, I am currently running MJE on my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (rooted with Root De La Vega). Currently, I have SuperSU set to survival mode as I want to take the OTA update to 4.4.2. But every time I take the update, my device restarts and the update gives an error while it's attempting to upgrade. It then restarts and tells me that it failed to upgrade with error 402.

What I've Done:
  • Unfrozen all frozen apps within Titanium Backup
  • Used Wanam Xposed to set system status to "Official"
  • Set SuperSU to "Survival Mode" and disabled SuperUser

I'm not sure where to go next, as I don't want to have to remove everything from my device and start fresh again (I've already had to do that before!!). What should I do so that I can take OTA and keep my root status?
26th May 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

205 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerlife22

Hello, I am currently running MJE on my Verizon Galaxy Note 3 (rooted with Root De La Vega). Currently, I have SuperSU set to survival mode as I want to take the OTA update to 4.4.2. But every time I take the update, my device restarts and the update gives an error while it's attempting to upgrade. It then restarts and tells me that it failed to upgrade with error 402.

What I've Done:

• Unfrozen all frozen apps within Titanium Backup
  • Used Wanam Xposed to set system status to "Official"
  • Set SuperSU to "Survival Mode" and disabled SuperUser

I'm not sure where to go next, as I don't want to have to remove everything from my device and start fresh again (I've already had to do that before!!). What should I do so that I can take OTA and keep my root status?

Did you ever install Safe Strap? If so, you can not use the OTA.

Sent from my Note 3 via Tapatalk
26th May 2014, 04:57 PM   |  #3  

2 posts
I had something similar happen. Rooted with kingo, installed safestrap, used tibu to freeze every updater possible. Then was going to take the OTA did exactly as you did error message and all. I finally had to odin back to stock with the 4.3 tar file. I didn't reroot and just took the OTA after that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

90 posts
Is there anyone out there that was able to overcome the update failed without going back to stock first?
15th July 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #5  

6 posts
I had the same message but when I tried to flash stock back to it Odin and the computer won't recognize it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread