Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My watch is dead.... very disappointing.

Tip us?

death_entry
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
watchdog service that prevents the battery from draining completely does not work on any of the firmware that Dees, Adam myself and other tested. So even if the battery is the best battery in the universe, an Omate can kill it. I even went so far as to test it with a Motorola battery and it killed that too.
What Motorola battery did you use?
LG G2 32GB KitKat
Omate TrueSmart Watch 8GB EU JellyBean

BeRniTo
Old
(Last edited by BeRniTo; 14th July 2014 at 01:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
I received my truesmart yesterday and tried to turn it on but nothing... I saw a battery in the box so I thought maybe it came without it?
I read from other people that they got a spare battery although they didn't ask for one so I think this is the case...

I didn't try to charge it yet, I just tried to turn it on and left it as I couldn't. I find it weird it came 0% charged.
Anyone else?

I'll connect the charger once I arrive home today but couldn't resist to ask here.

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 52
It probably sat somewhere for several months, after they installed the battery, before you received it.
If the battery in it is too discharged, the TS will be unable to charge it.

You might need to replace it with your Kickstarter stretch goal spare battery, or juryrig an external recharging method to get it back working. Both options void your warranty, but that is no big deal since Omate generally won't provide any warranty for DOA TrueSmarts anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to trent999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BeRniTo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks for your reply.

I hope I won't have to unscrew the back cover to try the spare battery. I forgot about the spare-battery stretch goal. Now it makes sense.

A silly question... What does DOA stand for?

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Dead On Arrival

If you can't charge the battery in the TS you have three choices.
1- Send it back to Omate for a replacement.
2- Open the back and replace the battery (and void the warranty in the process)
3- Toss it in the trash.

Omate will most likely tell you to pick option #2. I suggest you refuse to do so.
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server
The Following User Says Thank You to Lokifish Marz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BeRniTo
Old
(Last edited by BeRniTo; 15th July 2014 at 04:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks, Lokifish.

After connecting the charger, it started charging from 1%. I hope it is actually charging and not dead.

I've just read the reasons why you stopped developing for the truesmart and I regret I supported this project. Now I hope it does work as expected, or is it really a total crap?

What should my first steps be?
Is there an official companion app, or it isn't necessary?
Rooting? Flashing a custom ROM?

Anything I should be doing / not doing?

EDIT: I've tried pairing it with my Galaxy S3 running CM 11, without luck...

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Take a look here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2808401

The Following User Says Thank You to trent999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]