Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,260 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia Play Flex Cable broken?

Tip us?

Bakisha
Old
Thanks Meter 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddynoob View Post
Hi,thanks for replying man.I checked the camera flex was already inserted properly ..still re-did it but didn't work.
I guess iwill have take it to Sony service center tmorow.Btw do i need to re lock the bootloader before i hand over the phone to the service center right?
I guess it would be good idea to flash Stock firmware and relock bootloader if you know how (i don't).

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app

eddynoob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakisha View Post
I guess it would be good idea to flash Stock firmware and relock bootloader if you know how (i don't).

Sent from my C6502 using XDA Free mobile app
hehe u r kidding right?.....cuz i know you dev people are geniuses
anyway here's that thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134334..

..so i just got back frm the service center..missing my xplay already.
The service guy was as confused as me when i showed him the problem and yes i relocked the bootloader before giving the phn to them..actually few months back a friend's phone was rejected a paid service cuz he had his bl unlocked ..i dont know why ..but they use seus or emma tool maybe to flash stock fw to solve the common users software problems ..i think thats their preliminary to troubleshoot a device,and also seus displays "the user has modified the device' or something similar kind of message so i did it just to be safe...hope they find out whats wrong with my phone and fix it...

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1084

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
hehe u r kidding right?.....cuz i know you dev people are geniuses
anyway here's that thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1134334..

..so i just got back frm the service center..missing my xplay already.
The service guy was as confused as me when i showed him the problem and yes i relocked the bootloader before giving the phn to them..actually few months back a friend's phone was rejected a paid service cuz he had his bl unlocked ..i dont know why ..but they use seus or emma tool maybe to flash stock fw to solve the common users software problems ..i think thats their preliminary to troubleshoot a device,and also seus displays "the user has modified the device' or something similar kind of message so i did it just to be safe...hope they find out whats wrong with my phone and fix it...
Please ask them what happened after they fix it. It's really interesting :P
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

eddynoob
Old
(Last edited by eddynoob; 9th July 2014 at 04:39 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
Please ask them what happened after they fix it. It's really interesting :P

@olokos haha ya sure..even m really curious to know....but theres a bit of info that i think could be imp and im sorry i missed out on that while i posted here at the first place...the thing is that since i didnt get the flex cable individually anywhere so i ordered the whole slider board from ebay

http://www.ebay.in/itm/New-Flat-Cabl...-/281330850312.

my friend who helped me fix the slider flex cable replaced that whole part and took the front cam and its flex from the old one and attached to the new one cuz the new one was missing the front cam..and after putting up the phone together during the first time front cam was inverted and rear wasnt working,so he reopened and placed the front cam correctly to get it right..

and as I posted before the front cam is working fine since then...so could it be in any way the real problem behind my back camera not functioning.
and i didnt mentioned all these to service guy

eddynoob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default New problem

hi all..

bad news ..i got it back frm service center today..they couldn't get it fixed..said there might be a problem with the eeprom ac or the circuits near to it (idk what it means)..then i thought to myself i can live without the cam and brought the phone home..now upon charging the screen is getting ghost touches i mean the touch screen has gone automatic since i switched it on..( though the ts was working fine when i tried it in service center)...

whats possibly wrong with it now.??..pls help guys..

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1084

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
they couldn't get it fixed..said there might be a problem with the eeprom ac or the circuits near to it
whereas I know what are the circuits I've got no idea what do you mean by eeprom "AC".

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

eddynoob
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
whereas I know what are the circuits I've got no idea what do you mean by eeprom "AC".
@olokos .. i have zero idea about circuits man..i just wrote what the service guy told me.....

can u pls tell me me about the touchscreen problem that m facing currently..the screen behaves like it being pressed all the time..this happens randomly though but more when charging

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1084

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@olokos .. i have zero idea about circuits man..i just wrote what the service guy told me.....

can u pls tell me me about the touchscreen problem that m facing currently..the screen behaves like it being pressed all the time..this happens randomly though but more when charging
I also had this problem. I can't tell for sure where the problem is, but I'd suggest you to take a really close look at the digitizer flex cable.

The Following User Says Thank You to olokos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]