Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,941 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi tab not getting enable

Tip us?

yuvee0000
Old
(Last edited by yuvee0000; 22nd March 2014 at 06:53 AM.) Reason: alert
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default wifi tab not getting enable

Hi, I have samsung tab 2 gt-p3100 with android version 4.1.2 screen shot attached. And it is rooted. Also I had installed linux deployment tool and kali linux on my tablet. Once I was trying for apt-get upgrade but file sige was big so I had trying with wifi with adhoc network but it was unable to detect. So I had google it and download some file wpa_supplicant and try, (replace in system> bin folder and try to o pen with txt shows elf)
But still not works. Then found some misc folder wpa_supplicant configuration some command add but still not work.
Now next day I found wifi router and try to turning on my wifi but when I am trying it comes back and turning on written comes nothing happen .
Deleted the command added in misc folder wpa_supplicant. Conf file then also same problem.

Pl help I dont want to format and upgrade as some legal document and some recording proof is there which is as per fsl. So pl help urgently.
T hanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-05-22.png
Views:	5602
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	2643322   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-22-11-03-40.png
Views:	5564
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	2643323  

yuvee0000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvee0000 View Post
Hi, I have samsung tab 2 gt-p3100 with android version 4.1.2 screen shot attached. And it is rooted. Also I had installed linux deployment tool and kali linux on my tablet. Once I was trying for apt-get upgrade but file sige was big so I had trying with wifi with adhoc network but it was unable to detect. So I had google it and download some file wpa_supplicant and try, (replace in system> bin folder and try to o pen with txt shows elf)
But still not works. Then found some misc folder wpa_supplicant configuration some command add but still not work.
Now next day I found wifi router and try to turning on my wifi but when I am trying it comes back and turning on written comes nothing happen .
Deleted the command added in misc folder wpa_supplicant. Conf file then also same problem.

Pl help I dont want to format and upgrade as some legal document and some recording proof is there which is as per fsl. So pl help urgently.
T hanks.

Pl help

lokesh.3440
Old
(Last edited by lokesh.3440; 26th March 2014 at 09:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 279
Thumbs up Adhoc WIFI Support in Jellybean

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvee0000 View Post
Pl help
This is really hard to tell you that you might have to factory reset your tablet again(AFAIK) as you have done some experiments with wpa_supplicant.conf. I did the same earlier on my tab and got the same issue. Android versions above Gingerbread(2.3) + doesn't support adhoc networks(WEP) as far as i know or else if you still wanna use it or can stay without adhoc networks,,,i can extract the file wpa_supplicant for you and post it here. In that case you just need to push it to system/etc/wifi and set permisions to (wrrwrrwrr) using root explorer or any app with a capability of rooting privileges.
Sent from My GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Pressing Thanks Button is much Easier than Typing thanks

yuvee0000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokesh.3440 View Post
This is really hard to tell you that you might have to factory reset your tablet again(AFAIK) as you have done some experiments with wpa_supplicant.conf. I did the same earlier on my tab and got the same issue. Android versions above Gingerbread(2.3) + doesn't support adhoc networks(WEP) as far as i know or else if you still wanna use it or can stay without adhoc networks,,,i can extract the file wpa_supplicant for you and post it here. In that case you just need to push it to system/etc/wifi and set permisions to (wrrwrrwrr) using root explorer or any app with a capability of rooting privileges.
Thanks lokesh. Pl send me even you can send on my whatsup to 9558604061 .
Curther I did not make any changes in that file but system/bin/wpa_supplicant and data/mics file but you can send all three . I will try .

lokesh.3440
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Here you go, please copy it to etc/wifi amd set permissions like the screenshot attached
Here is the link for wpa_supplicant.conf :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxgj4jkiz2...upplicant.conf

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Sent from My GT-P3100 using Tapatalk
Pressing Thanks Button is much Easier than Typing thanks

Shivankar Gupta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Upload again please

Hey Lokesh,

The file has been removed or such eror on dropbox.

Could you upload the file on dropbox again and post a link?

Thanks a ton
Shivankar

yuvee0000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivankar Gupta View Post
Hey Lokesh,

The file has been removed or such eror on dropbox.

Could you upload the file on dropbox again and post a link?

Thanks a ton
Shivankar
Dera shivsankar,

Can you pl discribe your problem as I got the solution not from that file but other method.

Shivankar Gupta
Old
(Last edited by Shivankar Gupta; 7th July 2014 at 11:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Dear Yuvee

Here are the screen shots.

Wifi stays like that for a lot of time then the slider goes to the off position but the page still shows the same "Turning on..." message!

I'm sick of it.

Regards
Shivankar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-15-46-39[1].png
Views:	10
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	2837872   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-07-15-46-54[1].png
Views:	10
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	2837873  

Shivankar Gupta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help!!!!!

Plllzzzzzzzzz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shivankar Gupta
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung bi*ches!

So last weekend I went to this Samsung service center

Those b****es are asking for 5700 for fixing the wifi up!

That's what's the value of a 2nd hand tab 2 in the market mofos!

Pissed me off bad!

Any help brothers?