Using Xposed with Stock Rooted Kitkat?

Search This thread

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
Has anyone tried it out yet? I'm currently make a nandroid before taking the plunge.

I want to try and use GravityBox to get a more custom-y experience. It's not AOSP, but this version of blur is pretty close.

I'll report back here with any bugs/bootloops/explosions. Anyone who has any experience using xposed and stock (4.1 or 4.4) feel free to chime in.

Update 1: GravityBox running nearly flawlessly. Only issue is that the wifi icon in the quicksettings box has disappeared. Very minor.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried it out yet? I'm currently make a nandroid before taking the plunge.

I want to try and use GravityBox to get a more custom-y experience. It's not AOSP, but this version of blur is pretty close.

I'll report back here with any bugs/bootloops/explosions. Anyone who has any experience using xposed and stock (4.1 or 4.4) feel free to chime in.

FYI -- You wont be able to run in ART mode

iBolski

Update 1: GravityBox running nearly flawlessly. Only issue is that the wifi icon in the quicksettings box has disappeared. Very minor.

Xposed runs just fine under Dalvik setting. No issues and works great.

As for the WiFi icon, I found if you switch the settings for "Tiles per row" from 3 to 4 or 5, you can see the top of it. It appears there might be an issue with how it's positioned when you have the setting set to 3. I've tried switching back and forth between 3, 4 and 5 and back to 3 and for some reason, when it's just 3 tiles per row, the icon is missing.

If you do attempt to switch to ART with Xposed installed, Xposed will set you back to Dalvik because otherwise, you'll go into a nasty bootloop that would require you to flash back to stock. That's nice that the dev did that.

ART is great. I ran with it for awhile, but found that a few apps I had didn't work with it, so I'm back to Dalvik, which still runs pretty darned good under KK, much better than it did under JB.

jldr

Aug 21, 2012
Interesting about the icon... hard to tell if it's a GravityBox or Moto. Hopefully it's GB then we can hope for a fix somewhere down the road.

Day 2 running the modules, no slow downs/crashes detected.

iBolski

Interesting about the icon... hard to tell if it's a GravityBox or Moto. Hopefully it's GB then we can hope for a fix somewhere down the road.

Day 2 running the modules, no slow downs/crashes detected.

Considering all the other icons shows up (and if you switch from 3 to 4 or 5 icons per row, you can see part of the WiFi icon), I would say it's GB.

Last edited:

pgranix

Apr 29, 2013
Gravitybox works great except for some bugs:

In 4.1.2 (9.30.1), if you change the statusbar colors, the Wifi icon shifts left to right during data activity.

In KK, quicksettings does not display the Wifi and Mobile data (Cell signal) tiles correctly. The icons appear off the tiles in 3 tiled rows, and partially cutoff in 4 tiled rows. In 4 tiled rows, the only the top two bands of the wifi icon are visible. As for the Mobile Data (Cell signal) tile, the top part of icon is obscured and the bottom is out of frame. Only these 2 tiles in quick settings exhibit issues.

clsupra

May 15, 2008
I have been using xposed on the kk update for about a week. So far everything I have tried works. I just wish gravitybox could remove the dots from lock pattern.... I have to download xblast for that and I don't like having multiple apps that do the same things... Always causes the phone to slow down...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using XDA Free mobile app

the_happy_cannibal

Apr 28, 2011

In 4.1.2 (9.30.1), if you change the statusbar colors, the Wifi icon shifts left to right during data activity.

In KK, quicksettings does not display the Wifi and Mobile data (Cell signal) tiles correctly. The icons appear off the tiles in 3 tiled rows, and partially cutoff in 4 tiled rows. In 4 tiled rows, the only the top two bands of the wifi icon are visible. As for the Mobile Data (Cell signal) tile, the top part of icon is obscured and the bottom is out of frame. Only these 2 tiles in quick settings exhibit issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54145012&postcount=9560

I just changed so that:

ro.product.model=RAZR HD

and wifi tile looks as expected.

Reactions: iBolski

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54145012&postcount=9560

I just changed so that:

ro.product.model=RAZR HD

and wifi tile looks as expected.