Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,510 Members 55,547 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CloudNotifier Send your iPhone Notifications on your Galaxy Gear !

Tip us?

Donmotobike
Old
Thanks Meter 10
@gidi - yes that is correct - looks like you're getting the notice on when you do a test but nothing on iPhone…make sure you turn on the banner on the iPhone notification for your apps(on iPhone settings notification app(click banner) and you also need to install NiLS(notification app) on your gear so when newtrify will appear on your gear when its locked screen….once set up correctly any app on iPhone that is on banner notification will appear on your Gear….(providing you have your phone and gear connected through blutooth and bluetooth tethering is enabled…let me know if you have any questions….
Using HP touch pad ics 4.01 chrome beta reading apple insider life is good

gidi
Old
(Last edited by gidi; 14th July 2014 at 09:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Dude I am gonna try installing the NiLS app later tonight. Everything else is already setup ok. Thank you so much and please stay in touch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UPDATE: @Donmotobike i installed NiLS on the Gear and i think i have set it up correctly. My iPhone notifications are set to banner. Of course tethering is enabled without problems.
When i go to newtifry on the Gear and check the recent messages i can see all my iPhone notifications. However, nothing happens when a notification actually arrives. Even now that i have NiLS.

When i installed NULL rom i chose not to use the full UI with the notification list when swiping down. Do you think this could be related?

Thank you very much for you time and guidance.
@Accounti: Can you help?

Donmotobike
Old
(Last edited by Donmotobike; 14th July 2014 at 09:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Default make sure Newtrify and NiLS notification enabled

@gidi -I don't think UI of Null will affect this but make sure that the Newtrify Enable notifications is ON under preference and on your GEAR make sure that NiLS Service is ON in the Accessibility under settings on your GEAR(Null 23 system) and enable lock screen on your GEAR under Privacy Lock in your settings….everything else is what stated on the instructions….on Iphone make sure all notification turned on and all the apps alert are set to banner…lastly Cydia app CloudNotifier is enabled on the iPhone…

If you 're still having problems can you post pic of your Pushingbox dashboard and Newtrify settings? maybe you picked up the wrong device id for your CloudNotifier in your iPhone…if you look at the history of your dashboard in your Pushingbox account - and you see Iphone then its working - problem is that apps you setup in the iPhone (notification is not set to banner) - dude you know how to setup banner in your iPhone app right? I missed this that's why i had similar problem…let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidi View Post
Dude I am gonna try installing the NiLS app later tonight. Everything else is already setup ok. Thank you so much and please stay in touch!

UPDATE: @Donmotobike i installed NiLS on the Gear and i think i have set it up correctly. My iPhone notifications are set to banner. Of course tethering is enabled without problems.
When i go to newtifry on the Gear and check the recent messages i can see all my iPhone notifications. However, nothing happens when a notification actually arrives. Even now that i have NiLS.

When i installed NULL rom i chose not to use the full UI with the notification list when swiping down. Do you think this could be related?

Thank you very much for you time and guidance.
@Accounti: Can you help?
The Following User Says Thank You to Donmotobike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gidi
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmotobike View Post
@gidi - make sure the Newtrify Enable notifications on under preference and on your GEAR make sure that NiLS Service is ON in the Accessibility under settings on your GEAR(Null 23 system) and enable lock screen on your GEAR under Privacy Lock in your settings….everything else is what stated on the instructions….on Iphone make sure all notification turned on and all the apps alert are set to banner…lastly Cydia app CloudNotifier is enabled on the iPhone...
Dude the missing part of the puzzle was enabling lock screen on the Gear. However, i think that enabling a lock screen on a watch is not very convenient. Also, the notification badge appears on top of the pattern but i cannot do anything with it unless i unlock the screen first.

How are you doing this?

Donmotobike
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default use pattern sequence

Quote:
Dude the missing part of the puzzle was enabling lock screen on the Gear. However, i think that enabling a lock screen on a watch is not very convenient. Also, the notification badge appears on top of the pattern but i cannot do anything with it unless i unlock the screen first.

How are you doing this?
Don't use number sequence - use pattern - go to Gear Settings>Privacy Lock>click pattern for easiest login(protection) - when you see notification you can move it to the right and then you can unlock your pattern…once unlock you see your messages access them check out pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	2851428  

gidi
Old
Thanks Meter 13
My man thank you so much for everything. BTW where is @Accounti? No support from him at all! I am not very happy with the whole screen unlock to actually see notification thing, I must say. Anyway, we will work with what we have. Until the iWatch arrives, that is.

Thanks again.

Accounti
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Sorry Gidi I've been pretty busy those days with my work and everything. Most support questions has been asked by email via the tweak Cydia page.

You can ask DonMotobike I tried everything I can to help him make the whole system work.

About NILS I never used it so I can't help about that but there are other tweaks that allows you to put notifications on the gear lockscreen

Donmotobike
Old
(Last edited by Donmotobike; 14th July 2014 at 10:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Default Gear Null 23/CloudNotifier combo ultimate iphone companion

Quote:
My man thank you so much for everything. BTW where is @Accounti? No support from him at all! I am not very happy with the whole screen unlock to actually see notification thing, I must say. Anyway, we will work with what we have. Until the iWatch arrives, that is.

Thanks again.

Glad you got it to work - man $90 puchase on Ebay for Gear was the best investment i made LOL….Big thanks to Accounti- he has helped me alot and he provides great app support( CloudNotifier)…I'm just relaying what he told me - sharing the info. the instructions was not 100 percent complete but now it is….so all the credit goes to Accounti and Cydia….

iWatch - dude this is so much better you have Samsung quality and full blown android device…the "iwatch" will probably cost more than iPhone 5S - Tag is marketing this thing so be prepared to pay $$$$$$ LOL and you're only limited to what apps are on it…it won't run iPhone apps….as for Gear you can just add any app in Google Market - I recently added Uverse voicemail app - I can hear/check my voicemail on the GEAR awesome…I can watch Google movies and Youtube on the GEAR awesome…the possibilities are endless…

gidi
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accounti View Post
Sorry Gidi I've been pretty busy those days with my work and everything. Most support questions has been asked by email via the tweak Cydia page.

You can ask DonMotobike I tried everything I can to help him make the whole system work.

About NILS I never used it so I can't help about that but there are other tweaks that allows you to put notifications on the gear lockscreen
@Accounti thanx for being here now, mate.
How do you suggest that we see notifications on the Gear?
Through newtifry we have to dig in to the menu, which kind of renders the whole notification thing pointless.
Through NiLS we have to go through the lockscreen unlock procedure. Meanwhile a lockscreen on God damned watch (you have on you all the time) is quite the overkill.

Any other ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donmotobike View Post
Glad you got it to work - man $90 puchase on Ebay for Gear was the best investment i made LOL….Big thanks to Accounti- he has helped me alot and he provides great app support( CloudNotifier)…I'm just relaying what he told me - sharing the info. the instructions was not 100 percent complete but now it is….so all the credit goes to Accounti and Cydia….

iWatch - dude this is so much better you have Samsung quality and full blown android device…the "iwatch" will probably cost more than iPhone 5S - Tag is marketing this thing so be prepared to pay $$$$$$ LOL and you're only limited to what apps are on it…it won't run iPhone apps….as for Gear you can just add any app in Google Market - I recently added Uverse voicemail app - I can hear/check my voicemail on the GEAR awesome…I can watch Google movies and Youtube on the GEAR awesome…the possibilities are endless…
@Donmotobike dude i think the iWatch will cost about 300 USD. In Greece (where i live) we can get the iPhone and all other phones free of contract and the price tag is a quite staggering 739 EUR for the 16 GB 5S model. Of course there are other ways to get an iPhone, such as through an unofficial reseller. Either way we are used to ridiculous price tags, so 300 USD for a watch is not that extravagant.

You may want to check out my blog post about the Gear. In there is how i feel about the watch.

http://www.notjusthitech.com/2014/02...ight-gear.html
The Following User Says Thank You to gidi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Donmotobike
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default very nice Blog - i-watch and google glasses

@gidi - very nice blog - reading makes me want to buy another Samsung Gear….lets put this way - you know how google glasses cost less $100 to make but Google sells it 3 times higher than Nexus 5( Google Glasses price $1500)…my gut feeling is Apple doing the same but if the "i-watch" will cost $300 then I'm still waiting…probably will be another ebay purchase - when GEAR first came out it was around $300 - nobody lined up to purchase this thing and eventually due original Samsung program limited apps and Samsung Note 3(kinda sucks) - retail stores started to sell them at major discount….Gear 2 was better but same thing…..Thanks to Null 23, Cydia, and CloudNotifier - you have a device that's perfect for iPhone 5/5S….but we will see in September...

Cheers!

Any other ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

@Donmotobike dude i think the iWatch will cost about 300 USD. In Greece (where i live) we can get the iPhone and all other phones free of contract and the price tag is a quite staggering 739 EUR for the 16 GB 5S model. Of course there are other ways to get an iPhone, such as through an unofficial reseller. Either way we are used to ridiculous price tags, so 300 USD for a watch is not that extravagant.

You may want to check out my blog post about the Gear. In there is how i feel about the watch.

http://www.notjusthitech.com/2014/02...ight-gear.html[/QUOTE]

Tags
cloud, cloudnotifier, gear, iphone, notifications