Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,261 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from Kdio: KAT Kit - Kool Android Transmutation Kit will do all your hard work and let you focus on your abilities

[TOOLS | LINUX & WIN | TUTORIAL] ●••►KAT Kit◄••● [Faster is Better] 》2014-06-19《

Tip us?

Kdio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2807
Hi prdog1

That knocked me off too dude.

I always install jre only and, AFAIK, those additions to the PATH were made by the installer, not me!!!

That's why, initially, I was unable to see what was happening.

With the install instructions now rewritten, next time, I will be able to follow them

Nice regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1 View Post
Beats me. I'm lost now. lol. I always install the 64-bit JDK which also installs the JRE. I then put JRE first in enviromental path and JDK second as it will grab the first one it needs. If only needs JRE will grab that. If needs the extras from JDK will grab that. Have never had a problem.

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdio View Post
Hi prdog1

That knocked me off too dude.

I always install jre only and, AFAIK, those additions to the PATH were made by the installer, not me!!!

That's why, initially, I was unable to see what was happening.

With the install instructions now rewritten, next time, I will be able to follow them

Nice regards.

HaHaa. Yea. That made my head hurt. Was always taught by the devs that trained me to grab the JDK and add both to path with JRE 1st and JDK second. Have never seen anything not run from anywhere regardless if it was program or command line.
TEAM MiK / TEAM CLEAN
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy SIII-I535

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 687
Yay! I got my laptop back and get to start using this again! Now I just gotta finish my theme and make it NOT look like all backs black...lol
I will not apologize for art.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 687
@Kdio or anyone else.

So I'm setting up the tool to start using (I've been without a computer since this new thread was started). Everything is installed and KATKit shows in the menu bar. To finish configuration, the op says to edit default.env. However, the section to edit inside the file does not exist. I do have the current jre installed... Do I need to add it? Win7 32bit OS,with fresh install of recommended GIMP and current KATKit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gimpy.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	2849976

Kdio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2807
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyGR View Post
@Kdio or anyone else.

So I'm setting up the tool to start using (I've been without a computer since this new thread was started). Everything is installed and KATKit shows in the menu bar. To finish configuration, the op says to edit default.env. However, the section to edit inside the file does not exist. I do have the current jre installed... Do I need to add it? Win7 32bit OS,with fresh install of recommended GIMP and current KATKit.
Hi Lefty

You may perform the recommended editions just in case something doesn't work.

If it fail to find Java:

a) copy/paste the below inside that file (just copy/paste)
Code:
PATH=${PATH};${gimp_installation_dir}/bin;${gimp_installation_dir}/32/bin
PYTHONPATH=${gimp_installation_dir}/32/lib/gimp/2.0/python
b) Check if Java is in your PATH >> Open a command windows (terminal .. Windows+R cmd Enter ... and type PATH Enter ... check within result if there is a jre7 path there.

That should do ... keep me updated.

Nice regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kdio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LeftyGR
Old
Thanks Meter 687
That works. Thank you, sir!
The Following User Says Thank You to LeftyGR For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]