Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Problem of rooting GT-I9205 (Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 LTE)

OP lai0715

24th June 2014, 11:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

Below is my phone information:

Android Version : 4.2.2
Baseband Version : I9205XXUCNA3

I followed the steps to root my phone.

1. I flash vcoreroot-v2.tar via Odin. After flash, I open SuperSU i know that my phone get root access.
2. But, I notice that my WIFI could not open and all my file in internal memory was missing.
3. The thread I view says that I have to flash the stock kernel to my phone.
4. After I flash, my phone back to normal (WIFI can use and internal memory have data) but there have no root acces in my phone.

I have try another ways to root my phone that is using Recovery Mode to install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip. It doesn't work also.

Any steps i have missed up while rooting?????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-24-16-34-58.png
Views:	141
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	2814804  
24th June 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Warszawa
Thanks Meter: 176

627 posts
More
Let's flash MegaFireV10 and you will have very fast system already rooted. If you wish, you can flash MFv10X which is heavy debloated version of MegaFire
24th June 2014, 01:41 PM   |  #3  

3 posts
Yep. Same problem for me when I try to root via vcoreroot. No wifi after root. I just wasted my time rooting and got 0x1 knox in the end. Great job, Samsung.
Anyway, there's two red lines upon booting up with root.

Now I'm just waiting for kitkat 4.4.2 first before rooting. Waste of time.
25th June 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Penang

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trurl3

Let's flash MegaFireV10 and you will have very fast system already rooted. If you wish, you can flash MFv10X which is heavy debloated version of MegaFire

Any thread describe about MegaFireV10 ? Can u provide the link for me ? I have to take a look first. Thx...
26th June 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #5  
Flag Warszawa

627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lai0715

Any thread describe about MegaFireV10 ? Can u provide the link for me ? I have to take a look first. Thx...

Here you are
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608110
5th July 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 16

160 posts
More
I have the same problem, but at this point i just want to back up apps and files using titanium.

I really dont want to go through flashing stock roms due to the extremely slow download, if i flash Megafire without wiping will i be able to get back my wifi and internal sdcard?
6th July 2014, 11:45 AM   |  #7  
Flag Warszawa

627 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by san_099

I have the same problem, but at this point i just want to back up apps and files using titanium.

I really dont want to go through flashing stock roms due to the extremely slow download, if i flash Megafire without wiping will i be able to get back my wifi and internal sdcard?

MegaFire Should'nt be flashed without factory reset. So back up your apps, contacts, sms's and whats more and make clean install. I would suggest to use for backup Super Backup app from Store.
6th July 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 16

160 posts
More
Quote:

MegaFire Should'nt be flashed without factory reset. So back up your apps, contacts, sms's and whats more and make clean install. I would suggest to use for backup Super Backup app from Store.

You are right if I wanted to stay on Megafire, but my concern was to get wifi and sdcard working again,I flashed without any wiping and it worked. yes there was FC every 2 minutes, but I managed to temporary fix the issue and move on to the next custom ROM.

Thanks anyways!!
7th July 2014, 11:54 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Penang

5 posts
More
Quote:

Here you are
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2608110

Oh yeah...Thank u for reply my thread and suggest the ROM for me...now i got rooted for my phone already...Thank You!
15th July 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #10  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 28

57 posts
More
Redlines-No wifi-No internal SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lai0715

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!

Below is my phone information:

Android Version : 4.2.2
Baseband Version : I9205XXUCNA3

I followed the steps to root my phone.

1. I flash vcoreroot-v2.tar via Odin. After flash, I open SuperSU i know that my phone get root access.
2. But, I notice that my WIFI could not open and all my file in internal memory was missing.
3. The thread I view says that I have to flash the stock kernel to my phone.
4. After I flash, my phone back to normal (WIFI can use and internal memory have data) but there have no root acces in my phone.

I have try another ways to root my phone that is using Recovery Mode to install the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip. It doesn't work also.

Any steps i have missed up while rooting?????

hi buddy..care to share the Stock Kernel u used? i keep looking for the kernel but can't find it.i faced the same problem with u..no wifi,no internal sd card..really hope u can help..TQ

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread