Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,802 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VRTHEME][TEMPLATE] EVilTheme

Tip us?

Spannaa
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 10871

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureljared View Post
It could be possible, if we can find a way to go around the sig verification. Or perhaps it just needs a Dalvik wipe, I don't really know [emoji26]
Theming a /data/app apk breaks it's signature so, even though it may appear in your file manager, it won't appear in your launcher.

To get it to work, you'd need to re-sign the apk using the private key used by the application's developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
Hmmm... We might need to remove /data/app support for theming, as it's a horrendous idea tbh, since it will break market signatures... You need to resign data apps, as they won't work with "broken" sigs, while system apps WILL work (hence this theming method works).

So I think what's best is that we remove /data/app theming support, though insertion of full signed APKs into /raw/data/app would be possible... But doing so needs a new sig, so anyone using the old original APK won't see the newo ne until packages database was purged of the old sig...

So summary? If app is on /data, don't go near it
Read first...Then search...Then ask...

My Work, My Dev-Host, My goo.im, My Android File Host

The Following User Says Thank You to Spannaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aureljared
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spannaa View Post
Theming a /data/app apk breaks it's signature so, even though it may appear in your file manager, it won't appear in your launcher.

To get it to work, you'd need to re-sign the apk using the private key used by the application's developer.
Added that to the third post.

If I helped you in any way, just hit the Thanks button!

---------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 (CyanogenMod 11 / Android 4.4.4 by szezso)
---------------------------------------
General Development Thread CM Building Tutorial
Sign/Zipalign Script Enhanced VRTheme Template
Project CyanogenMod: GT-I8730 AOSP Icons + 1% Battery MOD
The Following User Says Thank You to aureljared For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cerj
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureljared View Post
As it seems, themeing data apps were and still is broken in VRTheme and EVilTheme, because modifying the contents will break the signature.

Any help regarding this matter would be appreciated. Themers are advised to resort to manually recompiling the APKs until we can work something out.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
This is a good measure, an invite for others to try and figure this out... I hope someone can..Thank you
>>>"Nero 'e' Azzurro"<<< Owner Operator of a Big Blak Note 3 Kromed out, with spinna's
***Thanks to carotix ***
The Following User Says Thank You to cerj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
eviltheme, vrtheme template