Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,845 Members 50,542 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LINK][ROM][ODIN][TAR]SM-G900P NE5 (NE5 Modem/Kernel/ROM - Stock)

Tip us?
 
rwilco12
Old
#101  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11269
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH-EVO View Post
Ahh. I see. I noticed some posts in this, and some of the other NE5 related threads indicating
that they got better 4G/LTE performance after updating to the NE5 modem(s). In my case. Even if
I only get a small improvement, it would make all the difference. Because I don't get LTE at home.
But if I go some 200 feet into my back yard, I do get LTE. So even the smallest improvement
would make all the difference.

I see @crawrj has posted a link to all the NE5 files he has.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798079
Looks like I can "dirty flash" myself to stock NE5, easy enough. But would still be w/o
the Modem(s).

Thanks for your time, @tdunham.

--Chris
If you're wanting to flash a modem you still can even without a zip. You can find all the modems currently available in this thread as a one-click or TAR.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2805147[MODEMS][ODIN] Modem Repository - Download Them All Here! (SM-G900P)


Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version



The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CTH-EVO
Old
#102  
CTH-EVO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Orchard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12 View Post
If you're wanting to flash a modem you still can even without a zip. You can find all the modems currently available in this thread as a one-click or TAR.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2805147[MODEMS][ODIN] Modem Repository - Download Them All Here! (SM-G900P)
Thank you very much @rwilco12, for the reply.
Yes. I saw that. But I have no access to Windows. If I did (have access to Windows),
I imagine I could also use Odin (not Mobile Odin). I'm looking at trying to create a
*NIX option to accomplish all of this. Well, at least some way to do it with Philz/CWM, or {mobile]Odin.
I have Samsungs NE5 update Zip (SPR-G900PVPU1ANE5-20140617175242) @1.5Gb.
It contains G900PVPU1ANE5_G900PSPT1ANE5_G900PVPU1ANE5_HOME.tar .md5.
I'm hoping that I can use a recovery method to either update the S5, or, [preferably] just the modem(s).

Thanks again, for the reply (and link), @rwilco12.

--Chris

EVO-supersonic s/w 3.29.651.5 baseband 2.15.00.09.01 PRI 1.77_003 [S-OFF]

Samsung SM-G900P s/w G900PVPU1AND2 baseband G900PVPU1AND2 [KNOX 0x1]
 
rwilco12
Old
#103  
rwilco12's Avatar
Forum Moderator / AndroidFileHost Rep
Thanks Meter 11269
Posts: 3,183
Join Date: Feb 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH-EVO View Post
Thank you very much @rwilco12, for the reply.
Yes. I saw that. But I have no access to Windows. If I did (have access to Windows),
I imagine I could also use Odin (not Mobile Odin). I'm looking at trying to create a
*NIX option to accomplish all of this. Well, at least some way to do it with Philz/CWM, or {mobile]Odin.
I have Samsungs NE5 update Zip (SPR-G900PVPU1ANE5-20140617175242) @1.5Gb.
It contains G900PVPU1ANE5_G900PSPT1ANE5_G900PVPU1ANE5_HOME.tar .md5.
I'm hoping that I can use a recovery method to either update the S5, or, [preferably] just the modem(s).

Thanks again, for the reply (and link), @rwilco12.

--Chris
I haven't used it myself but you might want to look into Heimdall. It is a Odin alternative for Linux users.


Need an HD wallpaper to match your ROM? Check out Rwilco12's Wallpaper Gallery!
XDA Free Version | Pro Version



The Following User Says Thank You to rwilco12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CTH-EVO
Old
#104  
CTH-EVO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Orchard
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilco12 View Post
I haven't used it myself but you might want to look into Heimdall. It is a Odin alternative for Linux users.
Thanks @rwilco12. I had forgotten about that. I don't suppose you have a link for it?

Thanks again, @rwilco12.

--Chris

EVO-supersonic s/w 3.29.651.5 baseband 2.15.00.09.01 PRI 1.77_003 [S-OFF]

Samsung SM-G900P s/w G900PVPU1AND2 baseband G900PVPU1AND2 [KNOX 0x1]
 
Ramer84015
Old
#105  
Ramer84015's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 959
Posts: 910
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sunset
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH-EVO View Post
Thanks @rwilco12. I had forgotten about that. I don't suppose you have a link for it?

Thanks again, @rwilco12.

--Chris
I've never heard of this, but it's amazing what google will find when you use it.

http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
The Following User Says Thank You to Ramer84015 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CTH-EVO
Old
#106  
CTH-EVO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 191
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Port Orchard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramer84015 View Post
I've never heard of this, but it's amazing what google will find when you use it.

http://glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
Truly.

Thanks for the link, @Ramer84015.
I'll post back my results. In case it helps others flash the Modem on *NIX based systems.

Thanks again.

--Chris

EVO-supersonic s/w 3.29.651.5 baseband 2.15.00.09.01 PRI 1.77_003 [S-OFF]

Samsung SM-G900P s/w G900PVPU1AND2 baseband G900PVPU1AND2 [KNOX 0x1]
Tags
s5 ne5 wificalling sprint kitkat
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes