Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

[Q] URGENT - Noob question about sygic, rooting and the kit Kat update?

OP Cchipscookies

22nd May 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. This morning I updated to kit Kat and now I just opened sygic. It says sd card access denied. So I searched it up and it turns out that I need to root my phone to change some settings as kit Kat prevents writing to the SD card I think. Is there a way without rooting my phone?

Even if need to root my phone, does rooting void my warranty? And can I get future updates via Ota /Sony pc companion?

This is really urgent because I need to use sygic over the weekend. (Stupid mobilicity doesn't have coverage in Waterloo!)

Thank you!
22nd May 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 98

455 posts
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchipscookies

Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read my thread. This morning I updated to kit Kat and now I just opened sygic. It says sd card access denied. So I searched it up and it turns out that I need to root my phone to change some settings as kit Kat prevents writing to the SD card I think. Is there a way without rooting my phone?

Even if need to root my phone, does rooting void my warranty? And can I get future updates via Ota /Sony pc companion?

This is really urgent because I need to use sygic over the weekend. (Stupid mobilicity doesn't have coverage in Waterloo!)

Thank you!

Rooting might Void your warranty also depends upon the method you use to root. yes you can get future updates as long as you are in stock rom OTA or PCC.
22nd May 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

87 posts
I see only two possibilities: root or install sygic to internal storage. There is might also third possibility for you, it works with iGo navigation, put sygic to internal storage and maps to SD card.
22nd May 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Thanks for the replies.

If I install sygic to my phone's storage, it doesn't need root right? And my phone is running out of space. Any recommendations for a app to sd app?

Thanks!
23rd May 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cchipscookies

Thanks for the replies.

If I install sygic to my phone's storage, it doesn't need root right? And my phone is running out of space. Any recommendations for a app to sd app?

Thanks!

Look for sdfix on play store that should help you restore writing privileges. 😀

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th July 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 111

647 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikentoy

Look for sdfix on play store that should help you restore writing privileges. ��

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sdfix works only on the rooted dvices.

why did those idiots from google do this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread