Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,027 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][TMO][ODEXED/DEODEXED][4.4.2][HTC 1.57 OTA] Stock+ 5/20/2014

Tip us?

jreyno10
Old
Thanks Meter 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunishedSnake View Post
Any way this ROM can have the mobile data icons from Dev ROM? Instead of T-Mobile ones?
If you don't use ART, install xposed and download this module:

Go to icon settings > carrier selection and choose international. Press the back button twice, press apply. Your systemui will restart and you will have international data icons. This is what I use, because I hate the huge 4G icon tmobile uses. Hope this helps you out.

Sent from my M8

My Beer Belly
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinnfamous View Post
The kernel from the stock backups have write protection enabled. And are not rooted.
I'm probably going to install Elemental kernel anyway, and rooting takes seconds. So if I did one of the stock nandroids I linked and then rooted and installed a custom kernel, would there be no difference? I've had some funky things happening recently on ARHD 8.1 and Elemental .19 kernel and I mostly just want to make sure this is as solid as stock. From what I've read in the thread it is, but always good to hear it from the everyday users.

twinnfamous
Old
(Last edited by twinnfamous; 9th July 2014 at 09:58 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 75

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Beer Belly View Post
I'm probably going to install Elemental kernel anyway, and rooting takes seconds. So if I did one of the stock nandroids I linked and then rooted and installed a custom kernel, would there be no difference? I've had some funky things happening recently on ARHD 8.1 and Elemental .19 kernel and I mostly just want to make sure this is as solid as stock. From what I've read in the thread it is, but always good to hear it from the everyday users.
I used deodex version with elemental 16 .
Battery lasts all day. Great performance and no problems.
Now I switch back and fourth from this to Bad Seed Customs with the kernel from the deodex version and I get about the same battery plus all the customizations great performance and no problems.
It would be like the same thing in a sense .
As for arhd I haven't tried that.
I don't know it ALL. But I'm willing to LEARN.
I ain't the BEST. But I never QUIT.

Luigiesin
Old
Thanks Meter 439
Hey guys.. Does anyone has a stock kernel flashable ZIP from the latest OTA? I've being trying to find it but no luck.. Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

My Beer Belly
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Finally flashed this today after debating going back to stock for a few weeks. I'm very pleased with it, it's been rock solid since the first boot. Only about 24 hours in so not a huge sample size but everything has worked exactly as expected.

I do have a few remarks though. I wish it came preinstalled with SuperSU, I fortunately had read through the thread to see that suggested. I'd be worried someone may not have and is freely giving root permissions unknowingly.

Also, what's the best method to uninstall some of the T-Mobile bloat? I've used ROM Cleaner to remove some Sense bloat but it's not carrier specific. I disabled most everything, but my OCD wants it complete gone. I'd also like to uninstall Chrome and Gmail since I use Dolphin and the stock mail app.

Lastly, how to remove the T-Mobile boot and power off animation? I'd forgotten how annoying the boot animation and sound were while on a custom ROM. I'm probably using the wrong terms, but when I search I find stuff specific to different devices and carriers. I don't want to go deleting system folders unless I know it's safe on a T-Mobile M8.

ItsMeMasih
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenny View Post
Okay, these worked when I tested with both PhilZ and TWRP.

htc_m8_1.57_DEODEXED_InstallerFix.zip (mirror) SHA1:d87c4b77b2807a675693b8b46b84d61423e1ddd4

htc_m8_signed_1.57_ODEX_InstallerFix.zip (mirror) SHA1:7bbb6260d8f284bd0644dff58e70b3911c8ee13b

Install APNUnlock_1.57.zip to unlock APNs for editing.
If you are on the odex rom you will also need to delete/rename /system/app/Settings.odex
Does anyone know if the stock TMO ROM shipped with the HTC flashlight app installed? I can't seem to find it in the app drawer after installing 1.57 deodexed from above. Can anyone confirm?

Fenny
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeMasih View Post
Does anyone know if the stock TMO ROM shipped with the HTC flashlight app installed? I can't seem to find it in the app drawer after installing 1.57 deodexed from above. Can anyone confirm?
If you wiped data after you flashed you deleted it. Flash again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
By popular demand: Klik to send me Beer Moneys
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenny For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ItsMeMasih
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
If you wiped data after you flashed you deleted it. Flash again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Thanks, that did the trick!

What does changing my APN from IPV6 to IPV4 do and do I need to change it using the APN unlocker zip? Ever since I got this phone (with stock/unrooted ROM), I've been having issues with it randomly dropping the mobile data connection. The 4G/4GLTE icon is still there but nothing from the web loads and only toggling airplane mode seems to help. This has carried over to every ROM I've flashed. Any idea what could be causing it?

Fenny
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1582

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeMasih View Post
Thanks, that did the trick!

What does changing my APN from IPV6 to IPV4 do and do I need to change it using the APN unlocker zip? Ever since I got this phone (with stock/unrooted ROM), I've been having issues with it randomly dropping the mobile data connection. The 4G/4GLTE icon is still there but nothing from the web loads and only toggling airplane mode seems to help. This has carried over to every ROM I've flashed. Any idea what could be causing it?
Try flashing the newest firmware zip. You might have an old radio.
By popular demand: Klik to send me Beer Moneys

ItsMeMasih
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Try flashing the newest firmware zip. You might have an old radio.
Thanks again for the help. I'll try that. Based on the thread here (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2754063), I should download the custom firmware zip since I don't want to overwrite my TWRP recovery or boot.img, correct?