OP SteveSpark

13th June 2014, 02:54 AM   |  #31  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strakon

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920

Later I'll check with another webcam that I have and see if I get the same issue

Thanks. Really appreciate it.
13th June 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Ok I just checked on another computer with a Microsoft LifeCam VX-5000 and I get the same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSpark

Thanks. Really appreciate it.

14th June 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #33  
Flag Mesa AZ
Thanks Meter: 556

2,314 posts
More
Download of notebook mirroring app was marked as malicious and blocked by Chrome.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spark-bad.png
Views:	92
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	2798194  
15th June 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #34  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krelvinaz

Download of notebook mirroring app was marked as malicious and blocked by Chrome.

Oh. Is this happening on Windows or Mac?
22nd June 2014, 10:23 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 22

52 posts
Hello,

I have tried both the Chrome extension and the program. For the Chrome extension, it founds my FireTV. I was able to fling my tab to the FireTV, but some media sites won't work correctly. For example, for youtube, when you open a video, it will says that video can't be play in FireTV. To get around this, start the youtube video on your computer, then fling the tab to FireTV and it will work. I don't know why but that is how I make it work. It works fine for a few hours then it crashed and I have not been able to fling my Chrome tab anymore.

For the Window program, it found my FireTV and I was able to connect using my IP address. However, when i click the "Mirror" button, the app seems to launch and a black screen show up. If I play a video file, or go online to a website that has videos, sound will play through the FireTV but no picture show up, still only a black screen. I have tried this both on my desktop and my laptop. Both running window 7 64 bit up to date and got the exact same result.

Just a question, since your program does not work for my computers. What exactly does it suppose to do? Does it mirror the entire screen just like a 2nd monitor? I will be happy to provide any help or troubleshoot crash log. The app is very promising but needs a lot of work and tweak. Good job.
12th July 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
Thought I'd give this another go since it had been updated, pretty much the same results

PC app has a 4 second delay and can not keep up with fast paced videos

My rig is a AMD fx-8350 4GHz, Radeon HD 6800, /w wired ethernet

Chrome addon can not find device
12th July 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 0

37 posts
Great casting app. The desktop mirroring doesn't work for me at all, just a blank screen. But the casting feature works great for a few test sites. The addon and desktop app both see my ftv fine (on same wifi network). I've had problems before with dlna/upnp visibility when I have one device wired and another wifi or other configs.

Running Windows 8.1 and latest FW on FTV.

Edit: Just after posting went to test again. Now the addon doesn't see the ftv. Please add IP address support to the addon as well so we don't have to depend on visibility/discovery. A device management option for the addon would be perfect where we can rename our devices and hard code their ip addresses. My reason for renaming is my FTV shows as "suppressed" and I'm assuming others would show up the same, making it difficult to know which is which. Thanks for your work so far though
Last edited by calvano915; 12th July 2014 at 10:37 PM.
15th July 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 7

68 posts
It is good concept but some bugs need to be worked out. Tried 3 websites so far and none of them worked including YouTube. The error I keep receiving on the tv from FTV is "Can't play this video". Also after awhile my chrome asked my to sign in again, which was weird. I'm going to uninstall this application until the bugs get worked out. I didn't really need the app, just thought it would be cool to test it out.
15th July 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 6

46 posts
black screen only

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread