Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

(Request) AOSP Lockscreen Pattern

OP askmeonemore

24th January 2014, 04:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
103 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Can someone make (or tell me if its not possible) the AOSP Pattern Lock to be used on stock or deodexed roms? i really dislike this part of the LGUI and hopefully someone out there can change it
24th January 2014, 09:03 PM   |  #2  
gorillajuice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by askmeonemore

Can someone make (or tell me if its not possible) the AOSP Pattern Lock to be used on stock or deodexed roms? i really dislike this part of the LGUI and hopefully someone out there can change it

Im not sure but I think to get the aosp lockscreen you just have to delete the lg lockscreen. I don't think our lockscreen is that bad I just don't like the shortcuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1389794214746.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	2536948  
25th January 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #3  
iamterence's Avatar
Senior Member
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 709
 
1,721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillajuice

Im not sure but I think to get the aosp lockscreen you just have to delete the lg lockscreen. I don't think our lockscreen is that bad I just don't like the shortcuts.

Yeah, if you go in system/app and delete lgelockscreen.apk, you'll have the built-in AOSP lockscreen. It has this annoying ass grey bar at the bottom though that you can't get rid of. Also, you can download Mobint's holo lock screen from the market and paste that into system/app

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamterence For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 04:47 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
I had removed the grey bar and tweaked some variables back in December. It works on deodexed or odexed ROMS doesn't matter. It's made for unmodified stock ROMS (I was using with exposed mods ok). Just push the file below (framework-res.apk) to the system/framework directory, set permission, wipe dalvik & cache then reboot. You might want to rename your old one first just in case you have a problem or want to go back.

Link: https://app.box.com/s/schzdo3nr9zwnsi70i76
Last edited by Agimax; 25th January 2014 at 04:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Agimax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #5  
iamterence's Avatar
Senior Member
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 709
 
1,721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agimax

I had removed the grey bar and tweaked some variables back in December. It works on deodexed or odexed ROMS doesn't matter. It's made for unmodified stock ROMS (I was using with exposed mods ok). Just push the file below (framework-res.apk) to the system/framework directory, set permission, wipe dalvik & cache then reboot. You might want to rename your old one first just in case you have a problem or want to go back.

Link: https://app.box.com/s/schzdo3nr9zwnsi70i76

Nice dude, thanks! That grey bar was annoying as ****, haha.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk
26th January 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #6  
Whiplashh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Screen shots?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
13th July 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #7  
Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 4
 
44 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agimax

I had removed the grey bar and tweaked some variables back in December. It works on deodexed or odexed ROMS doesn't matter. It's made for unmodified stock ROMS (I was using with exposed mods ok). Just push the file below (framework-res.apk) to the system/framework directory, set permission, wipe dalvik & cache then reboot. You might want to rename your old one first just in case you have a problem or want to go back.

Link: https://app.box.com/s/schzdo3nr9zwnsi70i76

how did you remove the annoying gray bar? I'm using L5 II
15th July 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #8  
Whiplashh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,489
 
2,858 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamterence

Yeah, if you go in system/app and delete lgelockscreen.apk, you'll have the built-in AOSP lockscreen. It has this annoying ass grey bar at the bottom though that you can't get rid of. Also, you can download Mobint's holo lock screen from the market and paste that into system/app

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk







Quote:
Originally Posted by Agimax

I had removed the grey bar and tweaked some variables back in December. It works on deodexed or odexed ROMS doesn't matter. It's made for unmodified stock ROMS (I was using with exposed mods ok). Just push the file below (framework-res.apk) to the system/framework directory, set permission, wipe dalvik & cache then reboot. You might want to rename your old one first just in case you have a problem or want to go back.

Link: https://app.box.com/s/schzdo3nr9zwnsi70i76

When I pasted this, my phone rebooted and wouldn't get past the sprint boot logo. I pasted this to framework. Did I do something wrong?

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.
15th July 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #9  
iamterence's Avatar
Senior Member
Baltimore, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 709
 
1,721 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

When I pasted this, my phone rebooted and wouldn't get past the sprint boot logo. I pasted this to framework. Did I do something wrong?

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.

Try wiping data
15th July 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 207
 
635 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplashh

When I pasted this, my phone rebooted and wouldn't get past the sprint boot logo. I pasted this to framework. Did I do something wrong?

-Whiplashh

Sent from a Premium Xda app using the Flo Nexus 7.

Did you set the permissions correct? I just usually check other files in the same location and make them the same.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes