Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 39,115 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 7.0 inch MTK6592 Octa core Phablet

Tip us?

snake65
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Has any one worked out root for the chuwi vx3 as I tryed the vroot method and no luck.
Cheers
John

Sent from my VX3 using Tapatalk

lllcandymanlll
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy ulefone u7

i dont know why but my ulefone u7 doesnt have a option in its stock camera app to use the rear 13mp camera?

st0ned0ne
Old
(Last edited by st0ned0ne; 19th June 2014 at 05:27 PM.) Reason: added info on root
Thanks Meter 9
I have the Chuwi VX3 also. A very nice device. The official packaging is very slim and small so it went right through customs without any additional charges. It is so fast and snappy. Apps load instantly and the 3G is amazingly fast. I love this phone so much already. Antutu X score of 28034 on first run. I hope that brighter minds than me has purchased this phone also and figures out a way to root it. According to a google translate of Chuwi's bbs, a method of rooting will be available, eventually.

Apparently someone has succesfully rooted thit device back in may. If any one feels comfortable following a chinese guide then take a look Here
My phone : Chuwi VX3 - 7" 1920x1200, MTK6592 octa-core, 2gb DDR3, Dual SIM, KitKat 4.4.2

snake65
Old
(Last edited by snake65; 26th June 2014 at 08:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Yeh have seen that not to sure, when Google translates it fairly much goobldy gook . I guess we wait. Although the battery is a bit small as you did say the device itself is awesome.
Cheers
John

Ok i got it finally the links below will give you all the files required to root.
It is a bit confusing but once you get it its fine.The files on the bbs site dont work the flash tool in my link is the one that worked for me and you need to just flash vx3 new recovery image thats in the file,then put the super su on your sd card and flash with the new recovery.Iam trying to get the twp one to work but know luck yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91uv2456d...LlN_oMPZZ7Kjja

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx8zevv354...97_1049629.zip

good luck
john

davedfx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I Flashed my U7 to Kitkat Using SP Flash tool.

I can't root using Framaroot or VRoot. How did you root your U7 on Kitkat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammelobst View Post
Hi,

+1 for Ulefone U69/U7+

i have it and love it...
KitKat is out now and root is no problem with it. You just need to fix /etc/permissions/Platform.xml to be able to use TiBa.

cya

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

1. Download Firmware, SP Flash Tools and SP Drivers from Needrom and extract all three
2. Disable Driver Signing if on 64bit
3. Install SP Drivers (Only available for a short amount of time after connecting the Phone without Battery so Open up Device Manager first)
4. Open Flash Tool and load Scatter-File from the extracted rom
5. Turn off your Phone and remove Battery
6. Click Download in Flash Tool and connect USB-Cable
7. Wait for the Download to Finish disconnect USB-Cable, insert Battery, turn it on and be happy
8. Use VRoot for Root (Use English Version if not comfortable with Mandarin)
9. Use either this one from here or this one directly on your phone
If you use the second Method please change root.sh with adjusted paths or you will loose root and start again with 8.

Code:
# Copy files to system
/system/bin/cp /storage/sdcard0/mrw/su /system/xbin/su
/system/bin/cp /storage/sdcard0/mrw/su /system/xbin/daemonsu
/system/bin/cp /storage/sdcard0/mrw/busybox /system/xbin/busybox
/system/bin/cp /storage/sdcard0/mrw/SuperUser.apk /system/app/SuperUser.apk
/system/bin/cp /storage/sdcard0/mrw/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
10. Use this Guide for CWM
11. Be happy

cya

Vicolodo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello,
I bought the 'created N7' that is like the ulefone u7/tronsmart ps7/luftco a onex/orientphone mega pro 7 etc..., and is sold by the factory with 4.4.2 installed
I found a bug in this product

The bug is about the bad working of the s-view window.
I link here a video where is possible to see how it should work:

http://youtu.be/lk1P9jziw64

The problem is that with the created N7 it is not possible to answer
to the calls without opening the flip cover:
when the N7 receive a call, the s-view window is not sensitive, so it
is not possible to answer
The sview with cover closed is sensitive only for a few seconds after the cover has ben closed, specifically only before the sview goes in standby (black screen)...after the standby, wakening the phone by a call or simply pressing the power button (without opening the cover) the sview seems not sensitive

These are two videos that shows the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG6D...e_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-By6...e_gdata_player

This should be fixed, because is an important feature that is missing:
the phones like N7 of other brands (like ulefone u7/u69, luftco a-one
x, tronsmart ps7, orientphone mega pro 7) instead have a fully
functional s-view window

I already informed some created online sellers (kent wang, peter
yang... ) about this bug,
they told me that they will contact the engineer... but i have
not answer yet...i think they are not able to solve this problemi...
A seller told me that they send the leather case for free,
Its a gift , so i cannot ask them to fix this problem ��

Can someone help me to fix this problem?
I tried installing firmware of other device (luftco a onex 4.4.2)
But nothing has changed ...(and by the way i found that the luftco firmware
does not fit with my n7...the camera does not work with it)

Any hint?
Any suggestion?

I did some tests i found that actually the sview is sensitive also after the standby, but not enought to feel the touches through the screen...

in the settings there is an option 'increase touch sensitivity to allow the control through sview screen',
seems that this high sensitivity status is not reactivated if the cover is not opened after the phone goes to standby...

How can i fix this problem? perhaps some fix on touch drivers is needed?

Please help me!
Thank you!

natostanco
Old
Thanks Meter 9
guys can someone post the link to the kitkat for ulefone u7? there is only one from need rom but just wanna make sure!

gammelobst
Old
(Last edited by gammelobst; 1st July 2014 at 10:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

use this one from the official site:

www . ule-fone.com/downloads/ulefone-7-0-inch/

cya

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Updated ROOT How-To for 4.4.2

11. use 4.2.2 and follow my earlier mentioned steps and save the created CWM-recovery image. (You could also download one, but it's safest to use the one created from your device)
12. (optional) Download modified EBR1 and EBR2 from here
13. Download 4.4.2 from ule-fone.com and unzip
14. open SP Flash Tools and load the included scatter-file
15. Exchange recovery with our earlier created CWM-Recovery
16. (optional) exchange EBR1 and EBR2 with the downloaded ones (i used the 13.29GB ones)
17. Remove Battery, Click Download, Connect Phone and wait for it to finish
18. Factory Reset (only needed for changed EBR)
19. Flash SuperSU flashable zip from SuperSU-Homepage via CWM

voila and you are done...

PS: Mount Space Isolation is still active - looking for fix

PPS: Be sure to flash YOUR preloader or the phone will be bricked. If unsure use the old preloader (aka just untick preloader)!!!

My todo list for the U69/U7+:
- Be able to see user files as root
- mount sdcard1 as sdcard0 and sdcard1 as my original sdcard0 is only around 500MB

cya

doggydog2
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by st0ned0ne View Post
I have the Chuwi VX3 also. A very nice device. The official packaging is very slim and small so it went right through customs without any additional charges. It is so fast and snappy. Apps load instantly and the 3G is amazingly fast. I love this phone so much already. Antutu X score of 28034 on first run.
Yes I have the device, it is as powerful as Note3 but battery capacity is unforeseen. I have 80% battery still left after 1 week! I love the 2 sims. In the west countries, the operators decide what products customers will have so 2 sims are usually forbidden. Which is annoying for a traveller. Thanks to chuwi this problem is removed. However Note3 is far more productive thanks to its endless features

jojje123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake65 View Post
Has any one worked out root for the chuwi vx3 as I tryed the vroot method and no luck.
Cheers
John

Have you solve it yet. I cant find a way to root it. And the chinese website is just yada yada.
If someone here can read chinese please share it better than google translate do.
Thank you