Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,386 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lockscreen Notifications

Tip us?

Iruwen
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Will it work with a PIN locked screen? There's not much space for notifications actually so I wonder how it would look.

TheOriginalNelly
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruwen View Post
Will it work with a PIN locked screen? There's not much space for notifications actually so I wonder how it would look.
It doesn't the lock screen always starts maximized, Dash clock used to have the option to just have a padlock at the bottom of the screen so your information was always visible when turning on the phone but the latest version of that always starts with the lock pattern or number pad visible and you have to swipe down every time to view notifications and then back up again to unlock your device (there all a pain now with extra strokes needed to use them)
Sony Z1 Compact

Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (6800)

It may be up hill but I am getting there

----------------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to TheOriginalNelly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

biggiebro
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosLabs View Post
I use NiLS. I purchased the pro version so i can customize it to my liking and for the ads not to draw my data. It works like a charm, instant, and looks almost stock.

I have attached an image for an example.
How come when I use nils on my stock I have to resize the clock to see notification?

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

CosmosLabs
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiebro View Post
How come when I use nils on my stock I have to resize the clock to see notification?

Odd, I know you can resize/change the location of the NiLS. When you have a NiLS message on your lock screen, tap and hold down on the notification to adjust (i had to adjust mine because when it was charging the notification would be on top of the charging percentage)

biggiebro
Old
Thanks Meter 18
After installing again and play around I knew my original mistake. Just do not add nils as lockscreen widget. Let nils display notification automatically then I can resize.
BTW will this lockscreen feature notification be part of Android L? Just thinking on buying the nils pro version.