Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 41,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rumor has it...

Tip us?

jscsltd
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'm rather annoyed at what Samsung have done with the Gear 2 and it's very short shelf life. So I've ordered an LG G Watch rather than the Gear Live. ☺

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium HD app

obsydian
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I managed to return my Neo 2 in time (28 day return policy), expecting the Google and other watches, but to be honest I think so far I prefer the Neo 2.

From the Neo 2 - it offers, a home button and speaker (notiications and for calls), which I found very useful.
I also prefer the UI, I do like Google Now on my handset let alone the watch.

Unless Google release a raft of compatible apps, I cannot see the Google Live and LG offering less funcionality.
Thanks

chumboy
Old
Thanks Meter 18
So, I've had the Neo for a few weeks now.
Just got the Gear Live.
Disappointing to say the least.

The Neo has these advantages over Live:
- Speaker
- IR Blaster
- Home button
- Safety bar connection on watchband

Don't really like the Live UI. The Neo's UI is more intuitive (at least to me).

prbdave
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'd pretty much echo your comments chumboy. I have the Neo and Live. I have fitted the Neo band to the Live which was very easy. I'm getting used to the Wear UI and it has enabled me to use my Xperia Z2 which I prefer to the S5. I think I only used the watch to take a phone call once to show a friend, I always carry a BT earpiece and use that for most calls anyway.

I'm hoping they add more functionality soon and need some watchfaces to replace the utterly ****e ones that come with it.

slaydog
Old
Thanks Meter 359
I can't wait to see the Moto360 💘

rEVOLVE
Old
(Last edited by rEVOLVE; 14th July 2014 at 06:41 AM.) Reason: spelling
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog View Post
I can't wait to see the Moto360 ��
If it has the same limitations as the Live View and LG G Watch, I'm not interested. The lack of a speaker for voice response/confirmation is a misstep. To me, the round watch form factor is like an iPhone - for those more interested in looks but sacrificing function. I'm not interested in a round screen that either is going to cut off or re-flow text and images that are meant to be on a rectangular screen.

slaydog
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEVOLVE View Post
To me, the round watch form factor is like an iPhone - for those more interested in looks but sacrificing function.
An iPhone?, how dare you! Lol
Is an iPhone a particularly good looking phone..?

Anyway, yes the round screen could be good or bad, won't know till we try it.

As far as the speaker goes, I have only had mine on vibrate since I got it. You can't always hear your cell phone or watch, but you can always feel the watch vibrate...

I have yet to take or make a call on the watch, except to show people, but I agree that it is cool if not very useful...
-Kinda like an iPhone!

rEVOLVE
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaydog View Post
An iPhone?, how dare you! Lol
Is an iPhone a particularly good looking phone..?

Anyway, yes the round screen could be good or bad, won't know till we try it.

As far as the speaker goes, I have only had mine on vibrate since I got it. You can't always hear your cell phone or watch, but you can always feel the watch vibrate...

I have yet to take or make a call on the watch, except to show people, but I agree that it is cool if not very useful...
-Kinda like an iPhone!
Yeah, when I first got it, I wasn't expecting to use the speakerphone at all, but it just became so handy. My thing is more about using the voice commands on the watch. I kinda got used to the watch giving voice confirmations for stuff so I could just speak commands and have it do stuff without looking at the screen. With Android Wear, you don't get that, so even with Google Now, you still need to look at the screen to make sure it's doing what you want or not doing something you don't. On the Gear 2, I kind of got used to just talking to the watch for alarms, reminders, notes, sending text messages and having it talk back - you can't get that without a speaker on the watch.

The Following User Says Thank You to rEVOLVE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]