[ROOT][Towelroot] MetroPCS LG Optimus L70
Rooting the LG Optimus L70
Welcome, all! So, I'm gonna just get straight to the point. There's a way to root Metro PCS's LG Optimus L70 (MS323).
(This can also work with almost any android phone, by the way)
***I have tested this out on my ms323, it works, and everything's fine even with a reboot***
The only slight concern I have is that it may cause a small speed decrease in your phone (hardly noticeable a few secs after first reboot),
but still works at least!
Now, to make this seem more "real", I'm posting screenshots from my phone. The instructions should overall be the same for other phones.
**Also, the only way for this exploit to work, is if you have a kernel build date prior to June 3rd, 2014. To check, go to settings -> about phone, and check where it says kernel version, and look for the date. My phone just says 3.4.0+, and still worked (should be the same for people using this phone). If you're using any other phone, it should show the date. **
1) Go to your phone's settings -> Security
2) Enable Unknown sources (have the box checked
3) Now, go to your phone's browser, and go to towelroot (dot) com . I may not be able to post links yet
4) Click the weird-looking red sign in the middle, and a tr.apk should begin downloading.
**If your phone thinks its malware, ignore it. The app uses a system exploit and makes the kernel crash; during this, the system automatically gives root access to any app, regardless of if it should. If you wanna know more, just look up "geohot towel root". **
5) Now, use a file manager to find the apk in your downloads, or (easiest :P), drag down the notification bar and click the download.
6) Google will show a warning pop-up that you shouldn't install it, just click the checkbox and install it anyway.
7) Now click "make it ra1n", and you're rooted! Simple as that, no reboot required
. *Note that some devices may fail in using this exploit, sorry if you're one of those
Download Root checker, and press verify root, congrats if you're rooted!
Thanks for reading, I hope this will help you all!