Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROOT][Towelroot] MetroPCS LG Optimus L70

Tip us?

CuriousUser
Old
(Last edited by CuriousUser; 26th June 2014 at 05:36 PM.) Reason: To fix the screenshots, as well as other important information.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [ROOT][Towelroot] MetroPCS LG Optimus L70

Rooting the LG Optimus L70

Welcome, all! So, I'm gonna just get straight to the point. There's a way to root Metro PCS's LG Optimus L70 (MS323).
(This can also work with almost any android phone, by the way)

***I have tested this out on my ms323, it works, and everything's fine even with a reboot***
The only slight concern I have is that it may cause a small speed decrease in your phone (hardly noticeable a few secs after first reboot),
but still works at least!

Now, to make this seem more "real", I'm posting screenshots from my phone. The instructions should overall be the same for other phones.

**Also, the only way for this exploit to work, is if you have a kernel build date prior to June 3rd, 2014. To check, go to settings -> about phone, and check where it says kernel version, and look for the date. My phone just says 3.4.0+, and still worked (should be the same for people using this phone). If you're using any other phone, it should show the date. **

1) Go to your phone's settings -> Security
Security

2) Enable Unknown sources (have the box checked.
unknown sources

3) Now, go to your phone's browser, and go to towelroot (dot) com . I may not be able to post links yet
4) Click the weird-looking red sign in the middle, and a tr.apk should begin downloading.
red sign thingy

**If your phone thinks its malware, ignore it. The app uses a system exploit and makes the kernel crash; during this, the system automatically gives root access to any app, regardless of if it should. If you wanna know more, just look up "geohot towel root". **

5) Now, use a file manager to find the apk in your downloads, or (easiest :P), drag down the notification bar and click the download.
download

6) Google will show a warning pop-up that you shouldn't install it, just click the checkbox and install it anyway.
warning

7) Now click "make it ra1n", and you're rooted! Simple as that, no reboot required . *Note that some devices may fail in using this exploit, sorry if you're one of those

*Optional
Download Root checker, and press verify root, congrats if you're rooted!
success

Thanks for reading, I hope this will help you all!

NabaKumar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs down Towelroot can't root

Quote:
Originally Posted by NabaKumar View Post
Duh, seems the app which seems to break all the biggies to root, can't root this Samsung Galaxy Music Duos S6012.
I downloaded, installed, clicked the Make it Rain button and instead of crashing my android, the app crashes itself.
Big Irony Man! RIP Towelroot!
^^^Check this out.

CuriousUser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NabaKumar View Post
^^^Check this out.
I'm sorry to hear that, but not ALL phones will work with this exploit. Forgot to mention that, sorry
Have you tried framaroot and/or motochopper?

chris210
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up it worked.

wow thanks it worked.

mrzoom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Towelroot...Yes! Working on my LG L70.

Not sure what to with it yet as a newbie, but I easily foowed directive via towelroot and now rooted!

Thank you! Are the any roms to flash?

CuriousUser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzoom View Post
Not sure what to with it
yet as a newbie, but I easily foowed directive via towelroot and now rooted!

Thank you! Are the any roms to flash?
Right now, I dont believe there are, sorry. I think this is due to thr phone having a secured/encrypted bootloader, and also partly because the phone is relatively new. There aren't many things you can do with it right now other than use root apps.

cyrus-king
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hi guys.
it will works on lg l70 dual(d325)?
thanks.

minimalistguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
has anyone had issues with customizing the status bar and the lock screen with gravity box?

if so is there another option?

gene1126
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Optimus L70

I just rooted my LG Optimus L70 with Towelroot and it worked great. I had been trying to find a way to root the phone and all I could find was that it couldn't be rooted due to the boot loader being locked. I found out about Towelroot and its amazing how easy it is. I root a lot of phones for people and this is by far the easiest program to use