Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 42,683 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A510 won't charge

Tip us?

pickarooney
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default A510 won't charge

Since last night my a510 won't charge at all. There was a thunderstorm and a power cut and the charger was connected to the socket (a multi socket with several other items including a phone charger) but not to the tablet. When I plug it in now there's no indication that it is charging and the battery keeps going down. I tried with the phone charger also and a USB cable on the PC. While I know at best this would charge the tablet in 24 hours or so there was again not sign of charging at all.

Is it still most likely to be the Acer charger that's at fault or is there something else I could try?

pickarooney
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
Since last night my a510 won't charge at all. There was a thunderstorm and a power cut and the charger was connected to the socket (a multi socket with several other items including a phone charger) but not to the tablet. When I plug it in now there's no indication that it is charging and the battery keeps going down. I tried with the phone charger also and a USB cable on the PC. While I know at best this would charge the tablet in 24 hours or so there was again not sign of charging at all.

Is it still most likely to be the Acer charger that's at fault or is there something else I could try?
edit: turns out it does trickle charge with a normal USB charger even if the charge light doesn't come on. Seems to be really hard to find a replacement for these though.

Luther Blissett
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
edit: turns out it does trickle charge with a normal USB charger even if the charge light doesn't come on. Seems to be really hard to find a replacement for these though.
12V, 1.5 Ampere, I believe just about any electronics outlet should have something in stock. Original would be better, true. Get a surge-protected multisocket if your area is prone to bad weather.
Acer Iconia A701 CyanogenMod 10.2 ported for Acer A701 by Mrzottel and Pawitp

Acer Liquid E2 (V370) dual sim, rooted

pickarooney
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Blissett View Post
12V, 1.5 Ampere, I believe just about any electronics outlet should have something in stock. Original would be better, true. Get a surge-protected multisocket if your area is prone to bad weather.
The problem is the MicroUSB port on the tablet has an extra connector so I don't think it will be possible to use a normal microUSB cable with a 12V adapter.

pickarooney
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
The problem is the MicroUSB port on the tablet has an extra connector so I don't think it will be possible to use a normal microUSB cable with a 12V adapter.
I tried with another adaptor which has the right shape and 12V output and is supposed to be compatible but not joy. It might be the tablet itself but it's weird if it just stopped working overnight.

loki-kun
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default warranty

Quote:
I tried with another adaptor which has the right shape and 12V output and is supposed to be compatible but not joy. It might be the tablet itself but it's weird if it just stopped working overnight.
I had the same problem, after 2 month my charger was dead. I Contacted ACER send in the tabled and got a new charger in about 1 week.

You need 12 Volts for Charging 5 Volts want Charge your Battery fully.