Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

A510 won't charge

15th June 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

71 posts
Since last night my a510 won't charge at all. There was a thunderstorm and a power cut and the charger was connected to the socket (a multi socket with several other items including a phone charger) but not to the tablet. When I plug it in now there's no indication that it is charging and the battery keeps going down. I tried with the phone charger also and a USB cable on the PC. While I know at best this would charge the tablet in 24 hours or so there was again not sign of charging at all.

Is it still most likely to be the Acer charger that's at fault or is there something else I could try?
16th June 2014, 06:39 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickarooney

Since last night my a510 won't charge at all. There was a thunderstorm and a power cut and the charger was connected to the socket (a multi socket with several other items including a phone charger) but not to the tablet. When I plug it in now there's no indication that it is charging and the battery keeps going down. I tried with the phone charger also and a USB cable on the PC. While I know at best this would charge the tablet in 24 hours or so there was again not sign of charging at all.

Is it still most likely to be the Acer charger that's at fault or is there something else I could try?

edit: turns out it does trickle charge with a normal USB charger even if the charge light doesn't come on. Seems to be really hard to find a replacement for these though.
16th June 2014, 02:45 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

36 posts
More
Quote:

edit: turns out it does trickle charge with a normal USB charger even if the charge light doesn't come on. Seems to be really hard to find a replacement for these though.

12V, 1.5 Ampere, I believe just about any electronics outlet should have something in stock. Original would be better, true. Get a surge-protected multisocket if your area is prone to bad weather.
16th June 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Blissett

12V, 1.5 Ampere, I believe just about any electronics outlet should have something in stock. Original would be better, true. Get a surge-protected multisocket if your area is prone to bad weather.

The problem is the MicroUSB port on the tablet has an extra connector so I don't think it will be possible to use a normal microUSB cable with a 12V adapter.
15th July 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

71 posts
Quote:

The problem is the MicroUSB port on the tablet has an extra connector so I don't think it will be possible to use a normal microUSB cable with a 12V adapter.

I tried with another adaptor which has the right shape and 12V output and is supposed to be compatible but not joy. It might be the tablet itself but it's weird if it just stopped working overnight.
16th July 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
warranty
Quote:

I tried with another adaptor which has the right shape and 12V output and is supposed to be compatible but not joy. It might be the tablet itself but it's weird if it just stopped working overnight.

I had the same problem, after 2 month my charger was dead. I Contacted ACER send in the tabled and got a new charger in about 1 week.

You need 12 Volts for Charging 5 Volts want Charge your Battery fully.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread