We just need to automatically regularly off and on GPS.
So bug with constantly lost fix just does not have time to appear – we preventively "rebooting" GPS
. It's really helps.
Such shutdown doesn't causing gaps on track: last points just connecting. And then location determined instantly.
Surely you need to disable notification "GPS signal lost" in your track-recording / navigation app because it will be appears every 3 minutes.
Thanks to Tasker
and App Factory
I created standalone project as a separate application
It doesn't requires Tasker itself and haven't any settings: app just working in background.
To control GPS state needed Root
and free plugin Secure Settings
Task configured to launch if GPS was manually on. When GPS off by you task stops.
Don't left it "on" if not use – task may affect battery!
Specially for that, who enables GPS only when need it.
Below provided same profile for Tasker, so you can optimize it for your requirements, e.g. starting by shortcut or other conditions.
How task worksInstalling
For stock firmware:
1. Install from Google Play app BusyBox
2. Launch it and allow root permissions
3. Press button Install
4. Delete that app, we do not need it anymore
5. Follow steps below
For custom ROM's (BusyBox already there):
6. Install from Google Play plugin Secure Settings
7. Launch it. On third tab System+
press button Disabled
8. Press OK
and allow root permissions
9. Download and install this app: Fix GPS
(you need installed gapps!)
10. Launch it. Nothing will happen, but the program is activated
11. Now the application will autorun in background when phone boots
– If you want to disable app delete or freeze it
– App creates persistent service that don't affects battery if GPS off.
Takes up 10-14 MB RAM
– Don't forget to add Fix GPS app into white-list of your task-killer and Stamina
– You can hide installed apps from launcher, no longer needed to interact with them
And here Tasker profile if someone want to edit states for task activation for own needs.
Or you can create shortcut at homescreen to control fix manually. There's a lot of variants.
1. Download archive
and extract XML file from it
2. Put file in /storage/sdcard0/Tasker/profiles/
3. Launch Tasker, tap on Tasks
tab > Import > Fix_GPS.prf.xml