27th June 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #11  
Flag Garland, TX
Thanks Meter: 464

902 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliesv

Dont worry about that dude, at least you learned, and thats what XDA is all about But as excited as you (we all) get, you have to READ READ READ like theres no tomorrow! because as that guy stated, you dont want to end up with a $650 paper weight, no phone and still pay att for their "service" lol and be patient, enjoy the stock phone for now, because once the gates open up when the firmware is released, you're going to have all kinds of fun!

I have used the Tool Kit, (worked perfectly) I have rooted, Installed SS, phone is sick now and running great. I also flashed a T-Mobile ROM, an International ROM, both work and is fine. The Active can do all of those things with only losing your extra button function. I am now back to my Stock rooted firmware but its all good. I will be waiting on a Active Forum and DEV work there. So far, everything is okay flashing regular s 5 stuff.
15th July 2014, 11:47 AM   |  #12  
Flag Oahu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
More
You flashed a T-Mobile rom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

I have used the Tool Kit, (worked perfectly) I have rooted, Installed SS, phone is sick now and running great. I also flashed a T-Mobile ROM, an International ROM, both work and is fine. The Active can do all of those things with only losing your extra button function. I am now back to my Stock rooted firmware but its all good. I will be waiting on a Active Forum and DEV work there. So far, everything is okay flashing regular s 5 stuff.

I read and saw that you said that you flashed a T-Mobile rom... Did Wi-Fi calling work? I'm using my s5 active unlocked on T-Mobile now and until there's a way to unlock the aws bands like they did on the S4 active(hopefully they will) I'll be stuck with edge until the network refarm is complete. I'm definitely interested in seeing how you did that.
15th July 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #13  
Flag Garland, TX

902 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiyellax

I read and saw that you said that you flashed a T-Mobile rom... Did Wi-Fi calling work? I'm using my s5 active unlocked on T-Mobile now and until there's a way to unlock the aws bands like they did on the S4 active(hopefully they will) I'll be stuck with edge until the network refarm is complete. I'm definitely interested in seeing how you did that.

Sorry, the WiFi Calling did not work. I think only T-Mobile sims for that. We have our own ROM for the active now so I have stopped flashing different ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th July 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 112

729 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson

Sorry, the WiFi Calling did not work. I think only T-Mobile sims for that. We have our own ROM for the active now so I have stopped flashing different ROMs.

hows that Rom working out for you? and issues?
16th July 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #15  
Flag Garland, TX

902 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliesv

hows that Rom working out for you? and issues?

Awesome. It's the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread