Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,250 Members 41,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S5 VS. Galaxy s5 active

Tip us?

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliesv View Post
Dont worry about that dude, at least you learned, and thats what XDA is all about But as excited as you (we all) get, you have to READ READ READ like theres no tomorrow! because as that guy stated, you dont want to end up with a $650 paper weight, no phone and still pay att for their "service" lol and be patient, enjoy the stock phone for now, because once the gates open up when the firmware is released, you're going to have all kinds of fun!
I have used the Tool Kit, (worked perfectly) I have rooted, Installed SS, phone is sick now and running great. I also flashed a T-Mobile ROM, an International ROM, both work and is fine. The Active can do all of those things with only losing your extra button function. I am now back to my Stock rooted firmware but its all good. I will be waiting on a Active Forum and DEV work there. So far, everything is okay flashing regular s 5 stuff.
If I have helped you in anyway, please hit the Thanks/Donate buttons.Thank you

[ROM]
KoolKit S5 Kool_Active V1.0.0_B03
[KERNAL]
Locked Bootloader

xiyellax
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default You flashed a T-Mobile rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson View Post
I have used the Tool Kit, (worked perfectly) I have rooted, Installed SS, phone is sick now and running great. I also flashed a T-Mobile ROM, an International ROM, both work and is fine. The Active can do all of those things with only losing your extra button function. I am now back to my Stock rooted firmware but its all good. I will be waiting on a Active Forum and DEV work there. So far, everything is okay flashing regular s 5 stuff.
I read and saw that you said that you flashed a T-Mobile rom... Did Wi-Fi calling work? I'm using my s5 active unlocked on T-Mobile now and until there's a way to unlock the aws bands like they did on the S4 active(hopefully they will) I'll be stuck with edge until the network refarm is complete. I'm definitely interested in seeing how you did that.

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiyellax View Post
I read and saw that you said that you flashed a T-Mobile rom... Did Wi-Fi calling work? I'm using my s5 active unlocked on T-Mobile now and until there's a way to unlock the aws bands like they did on the S4 active(hopefully they will) I'll be stuck with edge until the network refarm is complete. I'm definitely interested in seeing how you did that.
Sorry, the WiFi Calling did not work. I think only T-Mobile sims for that. We have our own ROM for the active now so I have stopped flashing different ROMs.

[ROM]
[KERNAL]
Locked Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caliesv
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyColdJohnson View Post
Sorry, the WiFi Calling did not work. I think only T-Mobile sims for that. We have our own ROM for the active now so I have stopped flashing different ROMs.
hows that Rom working out for you? and issues?

LuckyColdJohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 392

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliesv View Post
hows that Rom working out for you? and issues?
Awesome. It's the best.

[ROM]
[KERNAL]
Locked Bootloader

The Following User Says Thank You to LuckyColdJohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]