Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How is THAT screen?

Tip us?

chenxirui1995@163.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default About the screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraker007 View Post
I think the most important caveat is that hardly any apps will be optimized for 2k display when the phone finally arrives.

HAving said that, kind of hard to judge don't you think?
If you watch 720p movies is not good at 1080p screen. Because of the distinguishability is too high

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by contentryder View Post
After coming from an S4, the colors are more accurate.

What I'm wondering is the gray effect, ghosting, holographic gray color or is it the glare? It's weird..is this the sharpening effect that people talk about? I mean, the text does look very sharp. But maybe it's just the pixel density?

Care to explain?
You mean when you move the screen around? To me, it looks like half the screen is dimmer than the other. The top half is brighter. I don't wanna exchange the phone for another one because this one runs so cool and battery life is incredible, but it is kind of distracting when you notice it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

Kmac_thp
Old
Thanks Meter 11
If Im being totally honest Im a little underwhelmed by the screen. Sure it looks good, all the phones look good now though.Its way more accurate than the M8 but I prefer the Z2 screen for sharpness and colors.
"A mans game charges a mans price."

keithleyson
Old
Thanks Meter 42
one word: OVER-SHARPENED!

The cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.
Carl Sagan

contentryder
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostatsea23 View Post
The oversharpening isn't the pixel density. The resolution is so high fonts and such should be very smooth with no jagged edges. But many scenarios due to low contrast ratio LG applies over sharpening to the screen to make things legible. This in turn makes it look jagged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
You mean when you move the screen around? To me, it looks like half the screen is dimmer than the other. The top half is brighter. I don't wanna exchange the phone for another one because this one runs so cool and battery life is incredible, but it is kind of distracting when you notice it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
I think it's because I'm so used to amoled displays where viewing angles and contrast ratios are infinite. But putting it beside an HTC One M7 still looks like the display is floating with grays, kind of like a software based glare.....
Current Phone:
LG G3 D850 Silk White 32GB

Old Phones:Samsung I337 Galaxy S 4, Samsung I747 Galaxy S III, Samsung I777 Galaxy S II, Samsung I897 Captivate, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Tilt, HTC Wizard

Smartwatch:
Samsung Galaxy Gear

Lostatsea23
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by contentryder View Post
I think it's because I'm so used to amoled displays where viewing angles and contrast ratios are infinite. But putting it beside an HTC One M7 still looks like the display is floating with grays, kind of like a software based glare.....
Well its certainly less nice to look at then the m8 IMO and Z2. Those screens were pretty nice. The z2 killed it for me though cause the high reflectivity and lower brightness.