Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,731 Members 41,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I need help unlocking my Spring Galaxy S4 mini SPH-L520

Tip us?

Quickvic30
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorl4 View Post
Do you think it would work if we flashed a custom room almost like they did with the s4?
Its worth a try.
Current Devices

SM-G900T on AT&T
SGH-M919 on AT&T+Rebirth
SCH-I535 on T-mobile
SGH-T989 Rooted
Galaxy Gear = Rooted+Kernel

hrvojej
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Nothing works :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickvic30 View Post
Its worth a try.
That's not working either. I have installed Cyanogenmod following:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2669991
but no signal trying to cannot on GSM network.

I have also tried:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2530610
but of course that didn't work too, and since Sprint unlock codes doesn't work either it looks like we are stuck

My baseband is L520VPUAMK1.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Cheers!

dr.faramroze
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypoop2 View Post
So, I'm a total beginner with regards to understanding how to mod your cell phone, but I am tech savvy. I've spent the last week of my life attempting to understand how to Sim unlock my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Sph-L520 so that I would be able to use a prepaid Straight Talk wireless card with it. At first, I thought the process was going to be rather simple. I thought I could just buy a code online. Turns out that this phone isn't a GSM phone, so this type of unlocking isn't possible. I next heard as tip about getting my phone flashed, but apparently flashing is just installing another operating system on your phone. Though I could see how that might be able get around the Sim Unlock, if possible I would like to keep this stock OS. Also, I'm not certain if flashing my phone would automatically enable me to use another carrier. I then learned what rooting was. Though I now understand that I could simply use Kingo to root my phone, I don't know how that would allow me to use another carrier. So i've spent my last week or so understanding all this new terminology, but I still don't have a definitive answer. I really want to thank this board for existing because I've learned a tremendous amount just reading these threads. So if anyone could help me out here that would be great!
Sprint L520 S4 mini is completely unlocked for use of any CDMA 1x/evdo/4G LTE services in the world. Carriers like Smartfren, Intertelekom, Reliance, Tata and MTS will work flawlessly on this phone. Only read its SPC code, make it RUIM only from DFS and insert any CDMA carrier's SIM
LTE CDMA is the king of network times